• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United ***

Wow, that was really impressive. We dominated the game, the intent was clear, and despite a lazy and uninspired display by Utd we got to show our potential when facing opponents that give us space. And how good was Vicario, the old low level keeper in me needs to give him MoM. After his understandably nervous first game, he now showed reactions and agility of prime Lloris. The reaction save that the blind commentator said was right at him, was proper world class. A phrase I very rarely use. Again, Utd were really horrible and gave us literal acres of space, but it was pretty obvious that we contributed heavily to that. They look like a really petty, childish team that most of all wants to go home if things aren't going their way. I wouldn't swap a single of their overhyped crybabies for one of our players yesterday.

If Ange can keep the team focused like this against teams who come to play football, I gladly take the odd game-destroying result against teams like Brentford.

Looked at quite a few United reactions after game, most of them think they outplayed us, that level of delusion is amazing.

Two of us at the game yesterday, I literally didn't realize till I got home that Mount played, didn't see Casimiro until his header, the main worry during the game was we weren't going to make our pressure (after first 30 minutes) count and they were going to get a jammy goal or decision.

Imagine wanting Greenwood back in your squad, imagine having another player in your squad that "allegedly" the club doctors have treated their partner after domestic abuse.

Clubs have a culture, ours has typically been "nice guys" which everyone laughs at, I prefer to that brick ..

They seem rudderless again to me. All over the shop, It looks like the ETH message is lost already. You would fully expect them to alot better after a full summer.

Wow, that was really impressive. We dominated the game, the intent was clear, and despite a lazy and uninspired display by Utd we got to show our potential when facing opponents that give us space. And how good was Vicario, the old low level keeper in me needs to give him MoM. After his understandably nervous first game, he now showed reactions and agility of prime Lloris. The reaction save that the blind commentator said was right at him, was proper world class. A phrase I very rarely use. Again, Utd were really horrible and gave us literal acres of space, but it was pretty obvious that we contributed heavily to that. They look like a really petty, childish team that most of all wants to go home if things aren't going their way. I wouldn't swap a single of their overhyped crybabies for one of our players yesterday.

If Ange can keep the team focused like this against teams who come to play football, I gladly take the odd game-destroying result against teams like Brentford.

For me he made 2 really great saves (the 2nd was from an offside, but he didnt know that), and both times Neville played them down as straight at him, easy. As mentioned in the thread, I hate to think what sort of mess he would have made in the studio had Onana done them

It's pointless trying to compare anyone with Kane, he is unique, all the brainless fans round Britain were always trying to put him down, but they were all pleased to see him leave the league. I hope he gets the worldwide recognition his talent and hardwork deserve now he's left these small minded islands.
Looking at Haaland yesterday, universally lauded as the best player since Jesus (mk.1) he is nowhere near Kane's level as a complete player. Not even close. Haaland has his definitive strenghts, sure, but I'm pretty sure Kane would surpass his numbers had he gone to City all other things being equal. Kane's only glaring downside is his positional weakness, probably due to his urge to create and not be created for, and that is probably down to our less than creative midfield since Eriksen left.

Looking at Haaland yesterday, universally lauded as the best player since Jesus (mk.1) he is nowhere near Kane's level as a complete player. Not even close. Haaland has his definitive strenghts, sure, but I'm pretty sure Kane would surpass his numbers had he gone to City all other things being equal. Kane's only glaring downside is his positional weakness, probably due to his urge to create and not be created for, and that is probably down to our less than creative midfield since Eriksen left.

And England totally lacking any creativity.

Undoubtedly a scorer of loads of goals, but so often I watch him he looks like a poor allround footballer. Often running into other players, looks lost when he is not running in behind.

Kane doesn't have any weaknesses, he's technically perfect.

Haaland is a wrecking ball, which is what makes him so good, but yes, he's nowhere near Kane's level, nobody is.

Got to watch a stream of this game on my phone travelling through the bone-filled badlands and hoodoos of central Alberta, Canada. Lost signal at half time, regained it just in time to see Davies goal while sitting in the lobby of the Royal Tyrrell Museum. Lot of ManU supporters would fit nicely with the abundant dinosaur exhibits. Re-watched the game after returning to Calgary and really enjoyed it. There's a very good season awaiting us.

Back