• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool ***

Moss was very good all game. No complaints.

Really? Until the final 5/10 mins I felt one our players had to be shot to get a free-kick. I will give him credit for getting some decisions right throughout the match. The Coutinho dive in particular, but for me for most of the game he didnt seem consistent with the fouls. Fouls/pushes on Spurs players werent given whereas the same degree of foul on a red shirt was awarded.
From the 85th minute he was awesome..

Name names?
Our two players that were off the pace Wimmer and Son played a total of 45 international minutes between them.

To be fair I thought Dele looked a bit tired (but still did really well). I have to think Son's plantar fascitis is bad? He just looked like a Spurs player 2004-5 today, lacking that vital extra. The Shagger looker strong when he came on and was defensively sound - wish he'd gone for it from 30 yards when Eriksen played him in (thought he stepped up for second-half after average first...)

It's just unrealistic to have expected us to win every game till the end of the season, don't get upset because we couldn't pull it off. Let's win the games we should, which is still possibly 5 of the games left and see where Leicester are after that.
As I've said earlier, I'm not upset in the least. On the contrary, I'm delighted that we're even having this conversation after all the painful, then indifferent and subsequently the nearly years. I wouldn't dare to think that we would be 2nd in the league on a steady rise, even being a contender, at the start of the season. All that without steroid finances or breaking the bank.

Yeah, but say they lose tomorrow, we now need them to lose two more. Had we won today we could have gotten by with them losing one and drawing one. And that also requires us to win our remaining games which of course won't happen anyway.

We're so negative.
What if Leicester draw all 7 remaining games? We'd need to win 4 and draw 2 of our 6 to finish above them...and then hope A***nal drop at least 3pts whilst not scoring s**tloads of goals!!
A bit of a positivity lads...

Fortunately they don't count, south coast winkers

When you browse other forums, it is amazing how many sets of fans hate us and would love to see Leciester win it and would detest it if we did it. Suicidal in some cases.

The fact alone that Piers Morgan has threatened to leave the country if we win the title should see half of England wanting us to pip Leciester

As I've said earlier, I'm not upset in the least. On the contrary, I'm delighted that we're even having this conversation after all the painful, then indifferent and subsequently the nearly years. I wouldn't dare to think that we would be 2nd in the league on a steady rise, even being a contender, at the start of the season. All that without steroid finances or breaking the bank.

It will have happened, but I cant remember in all my time supporting Spurs, us being 2nd and still in with a shot at winning the league on April 2nd, maybe even April 9th

We're so negative.
What if Leicester draw all 7 remaining games? We'd need to win 4 and draw 2 of our 6 to finish above them...and then hope A***nal drop at least 3pts whilst not scoring s**tloads of goals!!
I think you are jumping the gun a bit here. It was a reply to nothing having changed after today's result, not being negative (more than usual). Purely speaking mathematically and all, which in no sense of the word is my strong side.

We're so negative.

that's the thing, it's Leicester bloody city, all
it takes is one set of eyes to look around the dressing room and realise that all his team mates are actually crap, Ranieri is close to pulling off the greatest confidence trick of all time, but confidence is air in a balloon

We lacked cutting edge today and that extra quality u need in these games. So many times we played the wrong lass or an incomplete pass

Think your maths is a touch out, but your are right in what you say.

As I have said many times. My target has always been to be on 70pts before we go to SJP, and now we are back on to achieve this from my predictor back in Feb. Got back the point we dropped at West Ham.
Very confident 70pts with a game left will see guaranteed CL football with a game left. A win at Saudi Sportswashing Machine would then (for me) see us finish 3rd on GD

Mea culpa, I'd assumed we were on 63 for some reason. :p

I thought we started the game nervously. In the first five minutes alone, Son over hit a simple through pass to Kane I think it were, and I do mean over hit. Then a ball over the top by Liverpool to the edge of our penalty area, and with not a red shirt in view, Toby of all people hooffed it away into row Z. It's the pressure but it's all understandable.

They clearly settled quicker than us but, I thought we were much better in the second half.

I just got back from work and have seen the score... Guess it's a point gained until tomorrow at least.

Going to be interesting to hear what the deluded scousers at work have to say on Monday morning. Really really wanted us to snatch a winner in stoppage time

No doubt they will be, incorrrectly, bragging about derailing out title hopes

Good game. But One reason we will struggle to win the title is that we have not won enough of the big games this season against the likes of Utd, pool, Arsenal, Leicester and Chelsea. Champions find a way to grind out a result. Still all we can do is carry on and gather as many points as possible. I always thought April will be a decisive month for our chances of finishing above the scum. They have a much easier run than us, plus Hodgson played half our team in 2 games last week which was out of order. I thought there used to be an unwritten agreement that key players would only play for 1 half of friendlies.
Liverpool isn't a big game any more.

Hasn't been for a while now, other than the Suarez season.

We lacked cutting edge today and that extra quality u need in these games. So many times we played the wrong lass or an incomplete pass

Haven't we all :D

In all seriousness I thought Liverpool defended well and played us at our own game by countering quickly after our attacks broke down. The only difference was they had 10 behind the ball most of the time whereas we defended with 6.

We were also fortunate they had Sturridge up front he missed two sitters that would've had us dead and buried before a real class striker got the equalizer.

I do like watching the variant of Tottenham Hotspur FC - not perfect but really bloody good and will improve.

Very pleased

Of cause dropping 2pt was a bitch but lots of reasons to be cheerful.

Back