• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool **

Not liking this omen:

30th March 1964 - Liverpool beat Spurs 3-1 at home to go top of the league. Liverpool went on to claim their first league title under Bill Shankly.

OMG, thats that then .

Hi all, LFC Fan. (for the record I think City will win the league).

Thought I'd do an opposition fans view... I'll try not to make you choke on your morning cornflakes ha...

How has our season gone so far?

We've got a decent chance of winning the league, from finishing 7th last year we really have improved somewhat. I still think City will win the league, but at least we're involved for once, as it's been a fair while! Cup wise, disappointed to have gone out to your rivals on a dodgy Howard Webb decision. I'm not quite sure how we lost to United in the League Cup after controlling the game, but oh well. We seem to play well in the big games at home which given the size of today's game is reassuring... slightly.

How's Brendan Rodgers done

I really like BR, reminds me of Shankly when he talks. Originally he had us playing a 'Tikki Takka' style of football and although it was pleasing on the eye it didn't really gain us many results. Since January of last year he's adapted our style somewhat, we're far more direct (Mostly because of signing Sturridge) and far more effective. Whilst we're pretty woeful defensively, we're a joy to watch when we go forwards and score a bagful! I'm surprised he hasn't been offered a new deal yet though, his contract runs out in the summer of 2015. Rodgers also has balls and makes tough decisions if the situation demands it e.g. selling Andy Carroll despite his hefty price tag. Overall, he'll improve us further no doubt but I'm delighted with him.

Fantasy time. Of all Spurs' players pick three you would want at Liverpool.

When you signed Lamela (Having seen a bit of Italian football and being a Football Manager advocate) I thought he'd be excellent this year. However, currently I'd have Lloris, Eriksen and Townsend.
My reasoning is Lloris IMO is a top keeper, would get into most sides in the prem. Eriksen for me is pure class and with the demands of European football next season would be a quality player in our squad. Townsend, we don't have many wingers and although he is inconsistent, when he's good he's very good.

Thoughts on Spurs' season
I think Spurs signed too many players in the Summer and as Lawro said in his predictions you don't really know your best team. If you beat us today you have a chance of catching the Gunners for 4th. I believe you'd be above them if you had performed in the big games, you seem to concede a lot of goals against the 'big sides'. You've definitely improved under Sherwood though, I don't believe this high line you adopt does you any favours personally. It would be suicide if you adopted one at Anfield.

Inside information, Which Liverpool players are most likely to cause Spurs the most problems?

SAS obviously.. with 48 goals between them, they'd trouble most teams in Europe. Coutinho for me though, he unlocks defences with his intricate passing and supplies the two forwards very nicely.

Crystal ball time. Match predictions for the game on Sunday and scorers.

I just think with two poor defences Liverpool's attack will see us home (hopefully) 3-1. Suarez, Sterling, Gerrard (Pen). Adebayor.

Brendan Rodgers has urged Anfield to roar Liverpool to the top of the Premier League table when Tottenham Hotspur visit on Sunday afternoon.

Chelsea's surprise loss at Crystal Palace on Saturday means the Reds will climb to the summit if they avoid defeat against Tim Sherwood's side.

Fans relishing their side's new billing as title contenders lined the streets around the stadium ahead of a 2-1 victory over Sunderland in midweek and Rodgers is banking on more boisterous support to keep jitters at bay.

"Anfield is a real cauldron of an arena and with that army of supporters behind us, it gives us huge motivation to go on and win the game," Rodgers told Liverpool's official website.

"Hopefully, we get that support again. We've got to take full advantage of that. It was amazing the other night, driving into the stadium and seeing all the flags, the banners and the vocal support.

"It is really inspiring. If we can get the same this weekend, then make the ground as noisy as we can, then hopefully we can roar the players on to another victory."

Sherwood has tried to turn up the heat by suggesting that title talk could take its toll, but Rodgers insists the mood is relaxed on Merseyside.

"When you work for a club of the magnitude of Liverpool, you want to be up there challenging," Rodgers added.

"It has been a really exciting year so far; we're quite relaxed, but focused on the job in hand. We've got 21 points to play for, but you can only win three at a time.

"Our focus will always just be on the next three - that's how we approach the game. It's a wonderful time to be a supporter; hopefully, they are enjoying the football.

"There might be a few up and down moments between now and the end of the season, but their support will be vital for us."

some inspiration for the Liverpool game.......this is for marky ;)[video=youtube;Yzk20XMKjv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yzk20XMKjv4[/video]

Brendan Rodgers has urged Anfield to roar Liverpool to the top of the Premier League table when Tottenham Hotspur visit on Sunday afternoon.

Chelsea's surprise loss at Crystal Palace on Saturday means the Reds will climb to the summit if they avoid defeat against Tim Sherwood's side.

Fans relishing their side's new billing as title contenders lined the streets around the stadium ahead of a 2-1 victory over Sunderland in midweek and Rodgers is banking on more boisterous support to keep jitters at bay.

"Anfield is a real cauldron of an arena and with that army of supporters behind us, it gives us huge motivation to go on and win the game," Rodgers told Liverpool's official website.

"Hopefully, we get that support again. We've got to take full advantage of that. It was amazing the other night, driving into the stadium and seeing all the flags, the banners and the vocal support.

"It is really inspiring. If we can get the same this weekend, then make the ground as noisy as we can, then hopefully we can roar the players on to another victory."

Sherwood has tried to turn up the heat by suggesting that title talk could take its toll, but Rodgers insists the mood is relaxed on Merseyside.

"When you work for a club of the magnitude of Liverpool, you want to be up there challenging," Rodgers added.

"It has been a really exciting year so far; we're quite relaxed, but focused on the job in hand. We've got 21 points to play for, but you can only win three at a time.

"Our focus will always just be on the next three - that's how we approach the game. It's a wonderful time to be a supporter; hopefully, they are enjoying the football.

"There might be a few up and down moments between now and the end of the season, but their support will be vital for us."

I've been there about ten times and it's is up their with the worst atmosphere of any ground I've been too

Remarkably this season it's better but it's far from good IMO. It helps when you score an early goal (do we remember them) but their fans at home have always been a massive let down IMO

I've been there about ten times and it's is up their with the worst atmosphere of any ground I've been too

Remarkably this season it's better but it's far from good IMO. It helps when you score an early goal (do we remember them) but their fans at home have always been a massive let down IMO

They're constantly bashing us for only having one song, but all I ever hear in their games is "Liiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeerpooooooooool" repeated a few times, then quiet.

i was at anfield for the 2-2 when edman scored, and i must say its the most over hyped experience in football. the stadium, and the atmosphere was no more impressive than a trip to st. andrews.

having said that, i think they'll smash us to pieces today. there's nothing to ignite a plastic atmosphere than 4 or 5 goals and a title push.

I would play Robbie and Ade together up front. So far in the league we have either played 1 or the other against the top 4 and have really laboured against the top 4 and have struggled to score goals against them. The argument is that do not want to be dominated in midfield but it never seems to make any difference, so far just a paltry point out of a possible 21. If we do not give them anything to worry about then they are going to make us their bitches again

Excellent point.

I think that both Ade and Solly struggle against the big sides when playing by themselves up front with a lack of support.

If Ade is fit, I would certainly play them both together. There have been some tentative signs of a decent partnership forming. Play Eriksen in a floating role just behind them and let's see what develops.

Stick Sigi and Bentelab in a man marking role on Gerrard and Coutinho and Pool will be hugely diminished creatively. That leaves our back five and holding midfield player ( hopefully Sandro) to keep their shape, play a low defensive line and don't give SAS any time to turn.

That's the game plan.

This is the big one.

Lets pray for a dollop of Lady Luck.

My prediction is that Sherwood will send out a well-balanced side with a good shape, and that the team will have a well-drilled plan. Whether it works or not is another matter, but our set-up will be competent at worst, and effective/winning at best.

We will not see "Clueless Timbo couldn't pick his nose or drill a hole in the wall."

.@paulinhop8: "Good morning! Stopping by to say that today I won't be in the game, I'm with conjunctivitis a hug thank you all!" #THFC

Waits for someone to say that Paulinho isn't playing today as he's too lazy.

Knows that someone will celebrate Paulinho's absence so isn't waiting for that.

That poster has said before that they do it as part of their pre match ritual and that they know team news doesn't come out till an hour before the match. Many people read that post and yet some of those same people still respond, often in the same sarcastic way.

Which turns one post that people can just quickly scroll past into 5 or 6 explaining posts every week. Just let it go.

I'm incredibly worried about this match and about the likelihood of a high line but would love it (Keegan hat on) if we could pull off an unlikely win. Preferably a completely undeserved one after being under the cosh for 90 minutes just to **** them off even more ;)

If the tables were turned and it was needing a win to mount a title challenge at home to Liverpool, I wouldn't feel confident and if I was playing I'd feel nervous, let's hope Liverpool feel the same

That poster has said before that they do it as part of their pre match ritual and that they know team news doesn't come out till an hour before the match. Many people read that post and yet some of those same people still respond, often in the same sarcastic way.

Which turns one post that people can just quickly scroll past into 5 or 6 explaining posts every week. Just let it go.

I'm incredibly worried about this match and about the likelihood of a high line but would love it (Keegan hat on) if we could pull off an unlikely win. Preferably a completely undeserved one after being under the cosh for 90 minutes just to **** them off even more ;)

but what if the tradition is also for marky to remind him every time that the team news doesn't come till an hour before kick off :-k

what if we win today and this has to stay apart of future traditions also :eek:

will end up like that Malcolm in the Middle episode where Hal is on a strike at the bowling alley :lol:

Back