• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham *

If we can make signings as good as last January we could 100% do well in the cups and get a CL place again

Yes, you look at our bench and there's not many you want to come on, and doesn't seem to be many who Conte wants to bring on either

Agreed. We barely have 11 which Conte trusts

Need some more strength in depth in more or less every position

It is a shame Lenglet hasn't quite come good. He's a good player, but his defending is suspect. Davies can't play out half as well, is smaller and isn't as strong, but Davies has intelligence and awareness, making him the better player ultimately. But we're still compromised. All sides do the same thing against us - pressure and close us down and the chances are we'll break. We almost did today, but just held firm. We are not good enough yet to play out of a committed press. If you pressurise our backline, and track our runners, you could score goals against us quite easily. Have we turned a corner tonight?

It is a shame Lenglet hasn't quite come good. He's a good player, but his defending is suspect. Davies can't play out half as well, is smaller and isn't as strong, but Davies has intelligence and awareness, making him the better player ultimately

I think Lenglet's better. I rate Davies, but prefer Lenglet. I think our biggest problems at the back is Dier replacement and cover for Romero

Important result, and the structure in the second half looked improved with the 5-4-1 not sitting as deep as previously. Fulham have taken points off better than us, so while champagne isn't flowing yet, this appress to be a step in the right direction.

I think Lenglet's better. I rate Davies, but prefer Lenglet. I think our biggest problems at the back is Dier replacement and cover for Romero

Lenglet is jittery. Especially with Sess next to him. The two of them together brick themselves under the merest of pressure. And Lenglet lacks awareness. See the 4th City goal. Davies knows where he is and who is around him. Lenglet is a bit like Snachez, talented, when in good form, a really good player. But there is a fuk up waiting to happen. If he was our player, maybe you'd play him into form, and confidence, and he'd become better through more games. But he isn't and I think he leaves us more vulnerable. So Davies should, and does, have the spot. Simply because he can defend. It does leave us lacking in our build up and more vulnerable to being pressed. Which is why we need a new LCB.

Dier is Europa league. Mostly decent, but not elite.

What happened to Gil? not on the bench. Injured, going out on loan, sold, or Conte preferred Tanganga?

Conte has realised Gil is championship level and offers nothing in the prem. Another on the long list of players we have that we need to get rid of and try and get some quality players in. Otherwise it will be like Sessengon "he needs game time" he will come good" its not going to happen. He is too lightweight for the prem and just offers nothing. Trouble is we cant just get rid of 7 or 8 players all at once. Levy needs to come up with a 3 to 5 year plan and actually back a manager for once.
We are in the top 10 of the richest clubs in the world yet have not won a trophy for how many years now?
its frustrating beyond belief being a Spurs fan lately

Conte has realised Gil is championship level and offers nothing in the prem. Another on the long list of players we have that we need to get rid of and try and get some quality players in. Otherwise it will be like Sessengon "he needs game time" he will come good" its not going to happen. He is too lightweight for the prem and just offers nothing. Trouble is we cant just get rid of 7 or 8 players all at once. Levy needs to come up with a 3 to 5 year plan and actually back a manager for once.
We are in the top 10 of the richest clubs in the world yet have not won a trophy for how many years now?
its frustrating beyond belief being a Spurs fan lately

Sorry did we just lose tonight?

would be easy for him to give up, but the stubborn bugger just keeps giving his all. real pity about his form though.

When he's trying to break, he tends to have at least 2 defenders on him. Makes it neigh on impossible. We need to make a couple of extra passes to release more runners. We're too predictable. We try to break quickly, but if you just surround Son and Kane, we'll play into your hands.

Son did get an assist tonight.

Gary Neville talking a hell of a lot of sense.
£200m spent across two transfer windows is fully backing Conte.
5th in the Lge. Still in Champions League. Still in FA Cup.

I really think if Arsenal weren't having an unbelievable (literally unbelievable!), there wouldn't be the brain dead Levy Out chants.

Sorry did we just lose tonight?

No but a club of our size should have a way stronger bench than we had tonight. Against Emirates Marketing Project who arguably played their 2nd string against us any of their subs would walk into our first team. None of our subs tonight would get into any of the current top fours starting lineups except maybe Richarlison

No but a club of our size should have a way stronger bench than we had tonight. Against Emirates Marketing Project who arguably played their 2nd string against us any of their subs would walk into our first team. None of our subs tonight would get into any of the current top fours starting lineups except maybe Richarlison
That wasn't a second string City team, the only player that didn't start that would be in their first 11 was KDB.

Money is being spent, about 170m net in the last two windows to address the lack of squad depth. Comparing City to any other team is stupid, they're in a league of their own squad wise.

When 2 of those 4 have spent over a billion in players in the last 5 years that's a given

I'm not denying work needs doing but comparisons to United, City and Chelseas of this world are laughable especially when people want to compare to the top teams but also not conceded that the clubs done well to even be in those conversations

Back