• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham FC ***

Levy told Ange to prioritize the league game. Incredibly, @DeanoAustin agrees with me on this. ;)

Sure, but how much does it end up being a self-reinforcing circle though? We abandon every cup to get into the top four, we sometimes get into the top four, and then we abandon every cup to stay in the top four.

At some stage this is part of why we have so few trophies - this constant hamster wheel that never actually leads anywhere. For once I would like to see us treat a domestic cup like we treat the PL, and start with a full-strength side just to try something different to the same routine that has failed for 22 of 23 years.

I don’t agree that Levy told Ange what to do. But I’d imagine that they discussed priorities when Ange arrived and the league was top priority. That’s reasonable. Levy isn’t some Machiavellian figure who interferes with managers from game to game. But it is his job to set priorities and it’s reasonable that he prioritises the league.

We could have started with a full strength side tonight. And maybe we’d have won. Wed still be a long way from winning the competition. And you’d have Emerson, Forster, Sanchez, Davies, PEH and GLC all resigned to never getting a game.

For once I would like to see us treat a domestic cup like we treat the PL, and start with a full-strength side just to try something different to the same routine that has failed for 22 of 23 years.

it’s so much more than that, what about the 90’s, 80’s, 70’s, the abomination of underperformance in the 60’s?

Disagree all you want, the vast majority aren't going to go full-blooded into tackles or stretch that bit further and risk injury in training.

I don’t think many would do that in the league cup either, some of our lot couldn’t even be bothered to move for a pass tonight

I don’t agree that Levy told Ange what to do. But I’d imagine that they discussed priorities when Ange arrived and the league was top priority. That’s reasonable. Levy isn’t some Machiavellian figure who interferes with managers from game to game. But it is his job to set priorities and it’s reasonable that he prioritises the league.

We could have started with a full strength side tonight. And maybe we’d have won. Wed still be a long way from winning the competition. And you’d have Emerson, Forster, Sanchez, Davies, PEH and GLC all resigned to never getting a game.

I am interested to know what Ange says about it all, I am sure he will approach it in his interviews. He is his own man, I 100% believe that, so lets see what he says.

Emerson, Sanchez, Davies, and PEH have all got minutes in the PL already this season. They'll get game time as a sub and the odd game covering injuries and suspensions.

Emerson, Sanchez, Davies, and PEH have all got minutes in the PL already this season. They'll get game time as a sub and the odd game covering injuries and suspensions.

They all believe they should be playing - like any good pro would. This is a chance to let them prove themselves as well as giving them game time in case we need to call on them in the league.

Davies also has to play tonight given Udogie went off at the weekend.

The thing that tinkle me off is that with the way Fullham was playing we should have been up 3-0 at half time with the same team we played at Saturday, then others could come in.
I dont care if the team playes together at training, a blind man could se the dynamic and movement in the team didnt work with the team we had. Just see an how manny errors we had in passing the ball. Even players that work with the first team played bad. Players didnt find the right pass and the right run.

I dont blame VDV for the own goal, and he was the best player out there. Royal worked hard but Porro would have been better today. Richy worked his socks off but dont find him self space.
I dont get the GLC sub, but I think Ange saw that we had problems with the connection in the mid. But I thin the change should have been Skipp and Sarr.
We looked like a 2022 team of Spurs.
I was hoping on scarlett but in this game I dont see anything special with him. Solomon had one good run today, rest was brick. PEH had to cover a big part of the field and it did not work. Sanchez is only focus is not giving a pen with hands. His defending on the goal made me cry, he aint a PL player. Play in spain or france.
Ange gets 1 in rating today

The thing that tinkle me off is that with the way Fullham was playing we should have been up 3-0 at half time with the same team we played at Saturday, then others could come in.
I dont care if the team playes together at training, a blind man could se the dynamic and movement in the team didnt work with the team we had. Just see an how manny errors we had in passing the ball. Even players that work with the first team played bad. Players didnt find the right pass and the right run.

I dont blame VDV for the own goal, and he was the best player out there. Royal worked hard but Porro would have been better today. Richy worked his socks off but dont find him self space.
I dont get the GLC sub, but I think Ange saw that we had problems with the connection in the mid. But I thin the change should have been Skipp and Sarr.
We looked like a 2022 team of Spurs.
I was hoping on scarlett but in this game I dont see anything special with him. Solomon had one good run today, rest was brick. PEH had to cover a big part of the field and it did not work. Sanchez is only focus is not giving a pen with hands. His defending on the goal made me cry, he aint a PL player. Play in spain or france.
Ange gets 1 in rating today

Ah here…

A lot I could say on this. I’ll stick to 3 points:

1. We have no divine right to beat Fulham. Saying we’d have beat them 3-0 is extreme whataboutery
2. Royal was desperately unlucky to lose his place. He has to play tonight
3. If you think Richi doesn’t find space, go and watch his goal. He brilliantly ran off the back of the defenders to find space and score.

I’m amazed some are saying rest players. It’s like they’ve already forgotten Sheff U last season and the fact we have no European football this year and no game the weekend after next.

It would completely deflate momentum if we lost. Get the game won and then take players off if we need people to rest.
Ange thinks he needs fresh legs...not just some fans. I think he's doing right to not increase the risk of injuries to some key personnel how have been working very hard, and to test the suitability or readiness of the bench

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Still august aswell. If they are tired already then we have huge problems. As i said though i might let maddison have a rest if his foot isn't 100%. Also see how udogie is doing after going down the weekend.
To me Sarr, Madds and Udogie work a lot more than other players in the team. The two CBs less but more than the three up front. Very uneven work rate that hopefully Ange can balance out in games.

To me Sarr, Madds and Udogie work a lot more than other players in the team. The two CBs less but more than the three up front. Very uneven work rate that hopefully Ange can balance out in games.

The point i was making, was that if the players are tired at this point of the season. Then we a fudged.

I'd get it after 30 or 40, but 3?

Tottenham head coach Ange Postecoglou:

"Obviously disappointed with the outcome, getting knocked out of the cup. We weren't at our fluent best, particularly early on which was not surprising considering the amount of changes I made. A lot of the boys tonight [Tuesday], it was their first start of the season.

skysports-davinson-sanchez_6267247.jpg

Image:Davinson Sanchez was the only player of nine to miss in Spurs' shoot-out defeat at Fulham
"We lacked cohesion and fluency, but I really liked the way we hung in there. There are many different ways to grow as a team and we showed some real character. We had our moments in the second half to maybe go and win it. We weren't able to get over the line and lost on penalties.

"It is my priority [the cups] but there is no European football so how am I going to find out about our players? What opportunity would I have to do that other than the game? They are all part of our club.

"We thought they'd be able to bring a different energy [on Tuesday] and that doesn't mean the cup or any game isn't our priority.

"From my perspective, we're very much at the discovery stage so we need to find out and give the players the opportunity to contribute, because that's why they're here. They're not just here to make up the numbers. They keep working hard and deserved the opportunity to go out and play [on Tuesday]."

He has a point, as much as we want to progress he has to test out the squad and give them opportunities. This isn’t Conte or Mou to get us an apparent instant trophy this is a building exercise, and I’m not sure how many times he has had to say that players have to make mistakes to learn and to trust his process.
So while I’m disappointed to be out of the cup, I understand the importance of what he is doing.

The point i was making, was that if the players are tired at this point of the season. Then we a fudged.

I'd get it after 30 or 40, but 3?
I watched all three games on TV and got tired watching sarr udogie and madds seemingly involved in everything and at pace too.

Madds already had foot trouble , udogie went down without contact....if not lethargy or overuse then light injuries and knocks require resting too.

I watched all three games on TV and got tired watching sarr udogie and madds seemingly involved in everything and at pace too.

Madds already had foot trouble , udogie went down without contact....if not lethargy or overuse then light injuries and knocks require resting too.

I said early on if there were injury concerns fine. Mentionedboth maddison and udofie (check my posts if you want).

Tiredness though? After 3 games. Give me a break (pun intended).

Extremely disappointing to go out. I get Ange’s point but I think with hindsight he should have kept Romero and VDV together, and probably Sarr/Bissouma in midfield to keep a bit of that solid spine. We also saw just how much we rely on Vicario already. A massive drop off to Forster, in terms of how we build up.

Hopefully come January we’ll know a lot more and can have a proper go at winning the FA Cup.

Back