• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

I dont think I do thats the issue... I think he is happy with relying on a moment of genius from particular players - be it Sig, Soldado, Eriksen et al... last year it was Bale.

I see no improvement as the season has progressed. Actually you can argue its been a deterioration.

:eek:

I mean, you CAN argue if you WANT but…really matey?

A propos the Lloris 'concussion', who was our defender who got flattened in our 6yd box and was carrying on until the referee intervened?.

It must be 20 years ago, and the resultant corner was about to be taken when the mass of Spurs defenders started laughing - the supposedly recovered guy was wandering around asking them what pizza they wanted. He was subb-ed before the corner was taken.

That also happened to poyet, havent heard this defender story before

Disappointed we didn't win but satisfied with the draw. We played really well in the first half and outplayed Everton. It is a pity we again lacked a cutting edge to make the domination count. We just needed 1 goal to win this match but we just couldn't find it. We really should have got all the 3 points if we had scored as Everton didn't look like scoring. We are still in the title race but we are always at disadvantage as long as we don't score more goals. Wish we can have someone like Soldado go on a goal scoring run somehow.

The lack of goals from our strikers are worrying but you cannot blame them alone. They are not getting many chances to score now. Soldado should have done better with the header in the first half but it was half a chance. He didn't get any clear cut chance other than that. Wish AVB had brought on Defoe later in the game but not sure it would have been useful as our midfield were not creating much. It is a pity Lamela didn't even get to play at all. Now won't even mind Adebayor getting some time to play as we really need to score more goals.

Our lack of a cutting edge or a match winner showed in the first half. Our midfield had full domination in the first half but just couldn't breach the Everton defence. We badly lacked a match winner from midfield like Modric and VDV. Our current midfield badly lack the experience to make the difference for us. Thought Sandro was our best player until he went off in the second half. Our performance badly got affected after Sandro went off. Very disappointed Paulinho and Dembele after he replaced Sandro. The fact Sandro had more goal threats for us than Paulinho shows the poor performance by Paulinho. It was another toothless performance by Townsend and Lennon. They both had plenty of possession but couldn't do anything with it. Townsend did have a shot on goal but it lacked a power to trouble the Everton goalie. Disappointingly both Holtby and Eriksen couldn't create any chances for our attacks. Sigurdsson did well to trouble the Everton goal when he came on but it was too late. Maybe we should have started Sigurdsson.

Credit to our defence for keeping yet another clean sheet. Thought we won't be able to stop the Everton attacks but they hardly looked like scoring. We again looked solid in defence especially both Dawson and Chiriches. Credit to Lloris for staying on despite the head injury. The fact he made 2 crucial saves after that shows his mental strength. Vertonghen looked like our main attacking threat the whole match. Too bad he couldn't score a goal. In fact, really disappointed we are not scoring many goals from defence since Caulker has already scored 2 goals since leaving Spurs.

After losing our last 3 matches at Everton, a draw is a good result for us. Unfortunately it has left us with 5 points behind Arsenal now. But it is still too early in the season. Hope we will improve our goal scoring record as the season progresses.

Disappointed we didn't win but satisfied with the draw. We played really well in the first half and outplayed Everton. It is a pity we again lacked a cutting edge to make the domination count. We just needed 1 goal to win this match but we just couldn't find it. We really should have got all the 3 points if we had scored as Everton didn't look like scoring. We are still in the title race but we are always at disadvantage as long as we don't score more goals. Wish we can have someone like Soldado go on a goal scoring run somehow.

The lack of goals from our strikers are worrying but you cannot blame them alone. They are not getting many chances to score now. Soldado should have done better with the header in the first half but it was half a chance. He didn't get any clear cut chance other than that. Wish AVB had brought on Defoe later in the game but not sure it would have been useful as our midfield were not creating much. It is a pity Lamela didn't even get to play at all. Now won't even mind Adebayor getting some time to play as we really need to score more goals.

Our lack of a cutting edge or a match winner showed in the first half. Our midfield had full domination in the first half but just couldn't breach the Everton defence. We badly lacked a match winner from midfield like Modric and VDV. Our current midfield badly lack the experience to make the difference for us. Thought Sandro was our best player until he went off in the second half. Our performance badly got affected after Sandro went off. Very disappointed with Paulinho and Dembele after he replaced Sandro. The fact Sandro had more goal threats for us than Paulinho shows the poor performance by Paulinho. It was another toothless performance by Townsend and Lennon. They both had plenty of possession but couldn't do anything with it. Townsend did have a shot on goal but it lacked a power to trouble the Everton goalie. Disappointingly both Holtby and Eriksen couldn't create any chances for our attacks. Sigurdsson did well to trouble the Everton goal when he came on but it was too late. Maybe we should have started Sigurdsson.

Credit to our defence for keeping yet another clean sheet. Thought we won't be able to stop the Everton attacks but they hardly looked like scoring. We again looked solid in defence especially both Dawson and Chiriches. Credit to Lloris for staying on despite the head injury. The fact he made 2 crucial saves after that shows his mental strength. Vertonghen looked like our main attacking threat the whole match. Too bad he couldn't score a goal. In fact, really disappointed we are not scoring many goals from defence since Caulker has already scored 2 goals since leaving Spurs.

After losing our last 3 matches at Everton, a draw is a good result for us. Unfortunately it has left us with 5 points behind Arsenal now. But it is still too early in the season. Hope we will improve our goal scoring record as the season progresses.

Oh 100%…NEVER a booking, he was absolutely entitled to go for it yes mate, and he didn't follow through at all. I actually thought Lukaku's behaviour and conduct was excellent, proper, genuine concern shown for Hugo and he was the first to wave a medic over…on a side note, still gutted we couldn't convince him to come to us a couple of years ago, christ he'd be wonderful for us...

Entitled to go for the ball, but he was about as clearly second to that ball as anyone can be.

How late can you be into a situation like that and still be "entitled to go for the ball"? If it was two outfield players coming together and one player got the ball so clearly ahead of the other before the second player thundered into him like that with so much force would it not have been a yellow card?

I think it was careless.

I agree he would be wonderful for us though.

Want to mention about 1 funny moment during the match. It was not about the match or the players but about the commentary. The match commentator, I think Alan Parry, wrongly mentioned in 2 occasions that Everton will go above Spurs by drawing with us. First time ever I came across someone saying a team can move above another team by only drawing with them. Don't know how a well-known match commentator can make a stupid miscalculation like that on a live match.:lol:

View attachment 1694

Hope we got a discount for a seat with this f#ckin view...again

Ours was ok. Stood the whole time, really great! No hassle from Stewards whatsoever. Enjoyed the day. My throat is sore from singing and my liver is in rehab, finding Wetherspoons open at 9 am was a disaster!

Loved the Bradley Wiggins banter and how well Baines took it.

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

Ours was ok. Stood the whole time, really great! No hassle from Stewards whatsoever. Enjoyed the day. My throat is sore from singing and my liver is in rehab, finding Wetherspoons open at 9 am was a disaster!

Loved the Bradley Wiggins banter and how well Baines took it.

View attachment 1695

View attachment 1696

You were certainly a few rows lower down than us, we were in Row O, which was 4 rows from the back of the Lower Bullens. Poor view, post right in the way of the goal at the Gladwys St End, had to do a lot of ducking and diving to so the action in the 1st half in particular.

Btw, looks like Palace is staying a Saturday 3pm kick-off so fill yer boots. I've already got the hotel booked for the Friday night, £29 lovely jubbly

You were certainly a few rows lower down than us, we were in Row O, which was 4 rows from the back of the Lower Bullens. Poor view, post right in the way of the goal at the Gladwys St End, had to do a lot of ducking and diving to so the action in the 1st half in particular.

Btw, looks like Palace is staying a Saturday 3pm kick-off so fill yer boots. I've already got the hotel booked for the Friday night, £29 lovely jubbly

Cheers, Palace will cost me an extra night in London, but hopefully worth it!

Entitled to go for the ball, but he was about as clearly second to that ball as anyone can be.

How late can you be into a situation like that and still be "entitled to go for the ball"? If it was two outfield players coming together and one player got the ball so clearly ahead of the other before the second player thundered into him like that with so much force would it not have been a yellow card?

I think it was careless.

I agree he would be wonderful for us though.

I agree that i do not think it was a yellow, it seemed as if it was lloris's momentum that carried him straight into lukaku's knee.

Even if you don't think he was entitled to go for it, you have to understand why he did. He would get slaughtered by the fans and the manager if he didn't even bother trying to challenge for it.

Indeed, I think he'd be magnificent and was the one deadline day signing I was hoping we'd make...

He would make a big big difference, but tbh I think he is holding out for a move to United in Jan or more likely next Summer. We may have to look at another option, mine hope is Luke Shaw, but I'm sure Soton be asking a pretty penny for sure

Indeed, I think he'd be magnificent and was the one deadline day signing I was hoping we'd make...

I hope he stays at Everton for the rest of his damned career. Magnificently down-to-earth footballer, and we need a few loyalty stories now and then to give us hope that football hasn't completely devolved into a cesspool of self-indulgence and 'me first' every damn time. Him going to anyone, even us, would sadden me in that regard.

Meet the one Everton fan who thought it might be a good idea to take a pair of sunglasses for the Spurs game...

A5973_zps9bea4b5e.jpg

:eek:

I mean, you CAN argue if you WANT but…really matey?

As this season has progressed? yep it has. Think about it - against the likes of cardiff and Norwich (not the best opposition in the world) we dominated and created clear cut opportunities then from then on we looked utter ****e against West Ham, we looked just as bad against Hull and now got to a point where we dont really create many chances.

Back