• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

Some people seem to think 9 goals, three of them penalties, from 10 games is a good return. :lol:

Don't worry, the stats say we had 1,035 shots again in this match. Just a shame 99.9% were from 40 meters and landed in Anfield.

Of course it's not a good return. But is it unrealistic to expect for all our attacking play to click straight away? We lost our only genuine world class talent

I think a point away at an on-form Everton is better than good, it's excellent.

How many teams do you think will win easily at Goodison this season?

I think the "disappointment" stems from Arsenal winning and so we needed to win which turns a good point in to 2 points lost.

Such a shame how the modern fan have such unrealistic expectations now. It's not unrealistic to want us to be better going forward but there is no patience afforded anymore. It's incredible. The defensive record is very impressive.

That's true, and shutting Everton out at Goodison with Lukaku, Mirallas etc is exceptionally promising. I thought our good defensive record was due to the nature of the opposition and the fact most of the teams we've played have sat deep and got bodies behind the ball.

But today against a very tough opponent we looked solid again. It was impressive.

On the other hand we have scored 6 goals from open play in our first 10 league games, over 25% of the season. Surely that justifies debate and discussion. Do we have to qualify everything with a positive statement before we can discuss the negative aspects of the team?

Dawson's hair looked good today, shame we cant create a chance.

Of course it's not a good return. But is it unrealistic to expect for all our attacking play to click straight away? We lost our only genuine world class talent
Have you genuinely seen any improvement at all in our attacking play? I don't expect perfection, i am patient, its just that i haven't seen one iota of improvement, not one little step closer to clicking, no glimmer of burgeoning understanding between any player and Soldado, its exactly the same thing we saw against Palace.

Absolutely chair Expert;452964]That's true, and shutting Everton out at Goodison with Lukaku, Mirallas etc is exceptionally promising. I thought our good defensive record was due to the nature of the opposition and the fact most of the teams we've played have sat deep and got bodies behind the ball.

But today against a very tough opponent we looked solid again. It was impressive.

On the other hand we have scored 6 goals from open play in our first 10 league games, over 25% of the season. Surely that justifies debate and discussion. Do we have to qualify everything with a positive statement before we can discuss the negative aspects of the team?

Dawson's hair looked good today, shame we cant create a chance.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely its worth discussing. Reasoned debate is what football is all about. But I think it's a justifiable excuse to say we are still learning to play as a unit. Yet the points return and defensive record is incredible considering the turnover of players

That's true, and shutting Everton out at Goodison with Lukaku, Mirallas etc is exceptionally promising. I thought our good defensive record was due to the nature of the opposition and the fact most of the teams we've played have sat deep and got bodies behind the ball.

This.

Debate and discussion, fine. But some of the posts on here today and in recent weeks have been much more in the "whinge and moan" category than debate and discussion.

Part of what diego said was also about patience. Quite a few on here are showing a lot of patience, but posters like yourself seem primarily to wish to straw man or poke fun of that patience with comments like "Some people seem to think 9 goals, three of them penalties, from 10 games is a good return. :lol:"

Is this debate? Is this discussion about negative aspects of the team? Not to me...

No one is saying that you have to qualify everything with a positive statement, but surely there must be some middle ground between that and posting what honestly seems to me more like a troll post than anything.

On a positive note i was impressed with the toughness of Lloris, he seems a slender, quiet guy but he did well to even get up from that challenge let alone demand to carry on. I wouldn't have fancied Brad for those last minutes. Possibly saved us the point.

An absolutely superb buy and i still cannot believe other top teams gave us a seemingly free run at him.

Such a shame how the modern fan have such unrealistic expectations now. It's not unrealistic to want us to be better going forward but there is no patience afforded anymore. It's incredible. The defensive record is very impressive.

Is it really unrealistic to expect more than 6 goals from open play , when you spend £100m. It is not like we have been unlucky, creating chances that are not going in

We have only deserved 6 goals from open play. The front 3 today is one of the worst in the PL

Is it really unrealistic to expect more than 6 goals from open play , when you spend £100m. It is not like we have been unlucky, creating chances that are not going in

We have only deserved 6 goals from open play. The front 3 today is one of the worst in the PL

Didn't diego write in the very post you quoted "It's not unrealistic to want us to be better going forward"? Do you even read the posts you reply to all the way to the end, or do you just pick out a word or two before you go off complaining?

Even for a troll this is a poor performance, if you're an actual fan it's obviously even worse.

Except we didn't.

Out: Bale, Parker, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Caulker, Gallas, Ekotto, Livermore
In: Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Capoue, Chadli, Chiriches, Paulinho, Rose, Townsend

Net spend: -£4 million.

What we have is a whole new set of attacking players and a largely unchanged back 5. It shows.

**** me ! ](*,)

It's absolutely amazing we're doing better than last year considering we sold 115m worth of talent compared to last season..

Except we didn't.

In: Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado, Capoue, Chadli, Chiriches, Paulinho, Rose, Townsend

What we have is a whole new set of attacking players and a largely unchanged back 5. It shows.

We did though. We spent over 100 million on players. That we recouped it through selling Bale is neither here nor there.

Except we didn't.

thankyou, i thought it was just me who thought this "reasoning" was idiotic.

The parts of the team responsible for defence though ARE playing at their best, defensively this is one of our best starts to a season if not the best we have had in decades. This is what makes things so frustrating.

The fact that we are not a "defensive" team per se or even set up to be specifically defensive minded (i hope everyone knows what i mean) makes it abundantly clear that there is a categorical problem in the attacking aspects of the team. Its just not working, in my opinion its not even close to working.

I think we are a defensive minded team. We want to dominate control of the game and use the basis of a strong defense. Our focus is discipline and when a chance comes take it. I truly believe if that Townsend/Sigi smashes in a screamer and we get 3 points that AVB would say job well done. We clearly have a problem attacking but I think with more focus on set pieces we could make up a lot of goals and with the assumption that Lamela and Soldado settle they'll start giving us the cutting edge.

Just because we got a lot of money for Bale doesn't mean we didn't pay money for players!!

We paid 32 million for Lamela. 32 MILLION!!! That's an absolute bucket load for us. Just because we were dealing in big figures this summer doesn't mean our players came free. Valencia banked 26 million for Soldado.

These are expensive players. I understand that gelling takes time but were also entitled to expect good players for those prices.

Saying that, I expect both Soldado and Lamela to become good players. The talk of a new striker is just nonsense. We cant pay 26 million for a striker (even thoug hsome think he was free somehow) and then not work on it to get it right, to get the correct supply into him.

thankyou, i thought it was just me who thought this "reasoning" was idiotic.

Even with the quotations marks reasoning is a much too kind a description for this particular form of tabloid upchuck that has unfortunately been presented as a point of argument from several posters on here recently.

+1 on the thank you to Jordinho for bothering to deal with that rationally.

Back