• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Eintracht Frankfurt **

We should be expecting a return of 1 in 3 per man minimum from our front line, with Kane & Son more like 1 in 2 & above, so in practice that means a goal or more a game from our attack.

Forwards will have periods of hitting form and other times when less prolific. Goals come in gluts often not as a statistical average. When teams mark Son and Kane tightly or they are off form we need others to contribute.

Unless we can pass properly, the likes of PEH (who DOES chip in with goals) won’t get a sniff. Perisic needs to find those scoring boots. Dier already has a couple of goals this season. Let’s just face the fact that tonight, Kane and Sonny missed sitters. Three by their standards. Harry’s passing was awful tonight too…

Summed up excately, we were the better team and if the front three had done their job ( they had the chances) we would have won well.

Forwards will have periods of hitting form and other times when less prolific. Goals come in gluts often not as a statistical average. When teams mark Son and Kane tightly or they are off form we need others to contribute.

Agreed.

I believe we were 2nd highest scorers in the league going in to the Arsenal game, despite the form of our forwards - that'd suggest to me others have been contributing.

Agreed.

I believe we were 2nd highest scorers in the league going in to the Arsenal game, despite the form of our forwards - that'd suggest to me others have been contributing.

Yes others were starting to contribute. It might be a case of 2 steps forward 1 step back at the moment, as in the last two games we needed more attacking end product from the team imo. Conte mentioned it a few weeks ago as something we were working on I belive, and Hojgjerg, Dier and Bentancur did step up. It looked as though we were starting to exploit the spaces that are freed up by teams focus on Kane and Son, but last night these two were well marshaled and others didn’t deliver either. With games every 3-4 days we can't expect K&S to be on peak form each game.

I'm sure you'll agree, had say Royal slotted home his shot early doors, rather than blaze over, the game would have had a very different complexion.

Away from home have we scored from open play in the last 4? Maybe only Kane?

Last edited:
Although what you say is correct all it does is highlight our total, if not exclusive reliance on the front free to 1 - Create and 2 - Score. For me thats not a good enough plan regardless who they are. There needs to be a better creative and goal threat from the other areas be that wide or from CM.

For the level we want to be competing at in eEurope and the league we can't have a plan that is effectively "if they click we win" when thats reliant on only 3 players in the team or 4 in the entire squad

I think you’ll enjoy this week’s pod.
I agree.
We are (IMO) close to breaking Kane for a month. I get into this on the pod.
It does not change the fact that last night, if the front three (well, two of them) are sharp-ish, we win at least 2-0. But I personally agree, given injuries it is unsustainable. Further, it shows that when Deki plays, he also becomes a ‘1’ in terms of linking play and creating. Tis why I think we will go all out for Zaniolo in Jan as he would be a fairly close fit profile-wise, albeit I think Deki is a bitter passer.
I think we all need to be patient right now and work hard on seeing the positives, which basically is we have only lost twice all season in all comps, are third in the league and hold CL group qualification in our hands. This with injuries to key players and a squad flogged by international brick as well.
I think the Jan window is going to be massive for us, and would not be surprised to see important, big movement.
We remain lucky to have this man as our current manager.

I think you’ll enjoy this week’s pod.
I agree.
We are (IMO) close to breaking Kane for a month. I get into this on the pod.
It does not change the fact that last night, if the front three (well, two of them) are sharp-ish, we win at least 2-0. But I personally agree, given injuries it is unsustainable. Further, it shows that when Deki plays, he also becomes a ‘1’ in terms of linking play and creating. Tis why I think we will go all out for Zaniolo in Jan as he would be a fairly close fit profile-wise, albeit I think Deki is a bitter passer.
I think we all need to be patient right now and work hard on seeing the positives, which basically is we have only lost twice all season in all comps, are third in the league and hold CL group qualification in our hands. This with injuries to key players and a squad flogged by international brick as well.
I think the Jan window is going to be massive for us, and would not be surprised to see important, big movement.
We remain lucky to have this man as our current manager.

All fair

I think we are at a key moment, its going to be a Jan that tests Levy as we don't need depth we need that class act, so ideally we go and drop a 60m for a missing piece.

For me that missing part is a CM that can drive and unlock, I know its not football manager but a Milinkovic-Savic that joins attacks but is also a beast to break up play. But lets see what we do, as long as its not Ndombele I am happy

All fair

I think we are at a key moment, its going to be a Jan that tests Levy as we don't need depth we need that class act, so ideally we go and drop a 60m for a missing piece.

For me that missing part is a CM that can drive and unlock, I know its not football manager but a Milinkovic-Savic that joins attacks but is also a beast to break up play. But lets see what we do, as long as its not Ndombele I am happy
What would you do with the other 4 CMs then?

Well injuries and form generally dictates that not all 5 will be available, but ultimately if you upgrade your players someone makes way, thats the game
But we would need 2 Ams to have enough, just in case
I think it’s why he doesn’t play them as you become too reliant on them

What would you do with the other 4 CMs then?
We don't play 3 of them anyway. [emoji1787] Adding a driving, linking CM would add a massive option to this side. It's what it needs along with a more suitable RWB. I'm hoping Spence gets the chance to be that guy. [emoji1691]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We don't play 3 of them anyway. [emoji1787] Adding a driving, linking CM would add a massive option to this side. It's what it needs along with a more suitable RWB. I'm hoping Spence gets the chance to be that guy. [emoji1691]

I think everyone would like to see that.
I think we have to appreciate that AC does not attack like that.
I trust him, therefore I want him to get who he really, really wants. And if that is Zaniolo, wonderful. Whoever it is.

I think everyone would like to see that.
I think we have to appreciate that AC does not attack like that.
I trust him, therefore I want him to get who he really, really wants. And if that is Zaniolo, wonderful. Whoever it is.
Conte is the best manager we have ever employed (prior to his tenure with us), and I have to take a wild guess that he knows more about how to win football matches than some of the contributors to this fabulous forum. And so In Conte I Trust.

Would have to be someone also on par, or very close to, Hojbjerg and Bentancur defensively if that player is to become a regular starter on our 3-4-3.

Those players are incredibly difficult to find and sign.

If you're talking about a bench option, sure. But that only goes so far. Would rather increase the creativity elsewhere personally if it's a choice between those. As I'm guessing the plan is with Spence given time.

Lol yeah.

Was excited about the CL, but the way we are going it seems we won't be able to manage too many games as Conte isn't quite willing to utilise the entire squad (yet) to spread out the workload.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back