• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth ***

Now that we have signed Moura, using Son in place of Kane when needed does make sense. If we play 4231, then we have eriksen/dele/son/lamela/moura competing for 3 spots, with kane/son for 1 spot. for 3421, we have those 5 players competing for 2 spots and kane/son for 1.

I don't think we need any more number 10s/wing-forwards etc. Maybe sign a young number 9 or promote one from the youth ranks. Even with no signings, that group of 6 players for 3/4 positions (depending on formation) is very good.

First half I thought Wanyama and Dembele were absolutely pathetic, particularly as senior players.

They were the root of all our problems, I can't remember the last time I've seen them lose so many 50-50's.. As mentioned above Eriksen showed more steel, which was alarming.

Second half the central midfield pair got serious, took responsibility and control, then the tide turned.

I thought Son was outstanding, albeit frustratingly selfish at times.. All the best strikers are I guess!

Lamela was good after a very shaky opening few touches. Alli was dogged but also ponderous, also some of his attempted flick passes were taking the tinkle.

Lastly; what about Sissoko's cameo ball to lay a hat trick chance on Son's plate!? Sublime that was. Nice to see Serge the enigma get on the scoresheet too.

The perfect response to Juve, massive props to Poch and the coaching staff for getting the team up and firing after such a devastating low.. Bring on Swansea and a serious FA cup push now.

Absolutely delighted with yesterday.

We werent great, which is what I liked.

We started slow, clear hang over from Juve, and then got behind. Then lost our best player.

With no actual striker on the pitch we dug in, worked our way into the game, and turned it to our favour.

And then, with a slight advantage, we were clinical to put the game out of sight.

That, IMO, is a proper "big club" performance.

That, IMO, is exactly what the like of Utd have done over the years, and its those games that win titles.

Honestly wouldnt have had yesterday unfold any differently.

With the caveat that Kane and Alli are hopefully both fine today.

Im fear Im going to get lynched last for saying this but:

I do wonder whether we actually play better football with Son up front instead of Kane. I thought this last season when Kane was out and Son came in, his movement up top really does cause problems. I know this sounds ridiculous, Kane is my fave ever Spurs player and is top class but again yesterday we did look so much better when Kane came off. That being said I know Bournemouth would never of kept up the tempo they had early on for 90 minutes anyway, but Im just putting it out there....

We play differently, with a different dynamic, but I dont know about "better".

Still, the games all about options, and the more good ones you have the better your results tend to be.

Im very happy with Son up front if Kane is out.

We play differently, with a different dynamic, but I dont know about "better".

Still, the games all about options, and the more good ones you have the better your results tend to be.

Im very happy with Son up front if Kane is out.
Dynamic is a good word, I think maybe with Sons mobility up front that makes us a bit more dynamic. But Kanes' strength is definitely needed in many scenarios so yeah better is the wrong word I guess....

It probably had a lot to do with the fact they were set up to deal with Kane up front and then were caught out when that wasn't the deal any more. If Son has to become our main goal threat for a while, the opposition will adapt and there'll be a new equilibrium.
I agree re: yesterday, but I also concluded the same when Kane was out for 2/3 months last season and Son was up top....

Im fear Im going to get lynched last for saying this but:

I do wonder whether we actually play better football with Son up front instead of Kane. I thought this last season when Kane was out and Son came in, his movement up top really does cause problems. I know this sounds ridiculous, Kane is my fave ever Spurs player and is top class but again yesterday we did look so much better when Kane came off. That being said I know Bournemouth would never of kept up the tempo they had early on for 90 minutes anyway, but Im just putting it out there....

It probably had a lot to do with the fact they were set up to deal with Kane up front and then were caught out when that wasn't the deal any more. If Son has to become our main goal threat for a while, the opposition will adapt and there'll be a new equilibrium.
I was wondering as well if we become too obvious playing the same attacking players all the time. Every successive game, rival managers learn a bit more about how to stop us - a couple of clues here and there. Bournemouth were totally unprepared to face a different team.
Mind you, it would take a brave Poch to change it up for Juve to spring a surprise, and drop Kane. Although this is exactly what Conte did to beat us in the cup last year.

I was wondering as well if we become too obvious playing the same attacking players all the time. Every successive game, rival managers learn a bit more about how to stop us - a couple of clues here and there. Bournemouth were totally unprepared to face a different team.
Mind you, it would take a brave Poch to change it up for Juve to spring a surprise, and drop Kane. Although this is exactly what Conte did to beat us in the cup last year.
I wonder if it would be worth for some games reverting to Kane as one of the three behind the forward? He used to play this role for us in his early days and did well - would allow him to do his long range shots more often which would help against sides we struggle to break down perhaps....

I think the fluidity of our front line is such that sort of move would be pointless, players pop up all over as it is.

The difference with Son up front is the running, its quicker more direct attacking, which can be really valuable.

With Kane its less so, but we also tend to just dominate possession and territory more.

And I think with Poch, he doesnt care so much if people know our game, because he expects us to win anyway!

We shouldn’t underestimate how good a win this was. We lost our talisman before 30 minutes still 1-0 down against a Bournemouth team who, although not great, have beaten both Chelsea and Arsenal this season. Well done lads thought Bournemouth would claw it back.
This; the commentator said Bournemouth haven't lost at home in 2018 and hardly conceded, we were a goal down, Harry went off injured and I thought the worst... then bish bash bosh we actually kicked the ball in the net!

Did you notice Son's scuffed volley for the second, ploughed it into the turf and the keeper had already anticipated a low shot as it bounced up into the top corner... that is 2 jammy goals in a row after the Juve scuffed finish which bisected the 2 greats Chiellini and Buffon. Great stuff.

Did you notice Alli's air shot in the first half, waiting for the ball to drop and then missed it... should have chested it and walloped it home.

Did you notice Sissoko's sliderule pass?!

Did you notice Sissoko kick it with his left then his right when he played it down the wing for Trips to set up Aurier's goal? Classic

We got the rub of the green. Could have easily been 2-2 in the 83rd minute. We were by far the more dangerous team but they had chances too and a better side would have scored more than 1 with their chances. We need to get back to keeping clean sheets, we've lost some of our defensive cohesion. Against most sides we have enough at the other end and we're okay pushing up as much as we do.

Great mental strength to bounce back like we did after the poor start, goal and Kane's injury. Doing so in the first half without having tutto regroup at half time was great to see.

Some poor performances all around in the first 20, but to some extent that's understandable. Bournemouth are a good side, though patchy. And we just had the Juventus game and result midweek.

Proud of the lads and an important win.

This is an erection inducing win. This is probably our best away performance in the league this season, especially with Kane getting injured. This is the first time we have come from behind to win in the league this season. Remember, in all the previous matches we have conceded first, we have drawn 5 and lost 5 matches this season. We looked down and out at 1-0 down with Kane getting injured. After all, Alli had not scored for 15 matches and Son never scores in away matches. But Lamela helped us to turn the game around after he replaced Kane. We didn't look back after that.

Well done to Son, Alli and Aurier for the goals. Alli's goal came at a crucial time for us, just after Kane got injured. And it was Alli first goal in 16 matches for us. Son had only scored 1 away goal in the league this season before this. Encouraging to see him scoring 2 goals here. With Kane looking like will be out for long time, we will need Son to get us the goals now. Pochettino deserves some credit as all his 3 substitutes were involved in our goals. Lamela started the attack from which Alli scored our first goal. Lamela also put pressure on Bournemouth players until they lost the ball to Eriksen and then he pulled their defence apart with his run which helped free up Son for our third goal. And Sissoko send a inch perfect pass to Trippier who crossed to Aurier for our 4th goal.

Good to see Dembele and Wanyama back in midfield. We started poorly but improved as the match progressed. Wanyama still looked a bit rusty but still put in a few good challenges to stop Bournemouth. Sissoko made a positive impact when he came on, helping us with our 4th goal. Too bad Moura didn't get involved in the match but can understand why. Maybe he is still not ready for this kind of league action.

Our defence conceded another soft goal. This shows we badly need Alderweireld back to improve our defending. Sanchez did well for most of the match but made a few crucial errors early on, especially with their goal. We also needed Lloris to pull off a great save to help us with this win. Thought Aurier had a poor match but he still scored 1 and assisted 1 goal.

Kane's injury have come at a bad time for us. We will need the rest of the team to step up and help us finish this season strongly until Kane comes back. Let's hope we will continue our winning run for the rest of the season.

This is an erection inducing win. This is probably our best away performance in the league this season, especially with Kane getting injured. This is the first time we have come from behind to win in the league this season. Remember, in all the previous matches we have conceded first, we have drawn 5 and lost 5 matches this season. We looked down and out at 1-0 down with Kane getting injured. After all, Alli had not scored for 15 matches and Son never scores in away matches. But Lamela helped us to turn the game around after he replaced Kane. We didn't look back after that.

Well done to Son, Alli and Aurier for the goals. Alli's goal came at a crucial time for us, just after Kane got injured. And it was Alli first goal in 16 matches for us. Son had only scored 1 away goal in the league this season before this. Encouraging to see him scoring 2 goals here. With Kane looking like will be out for long time, we will need Son to get us the goals now. Pochettino deserves some credit as all his 3 substitutes were involved in our goals. Lamela started the attack from which Alli scored our first goal. Lamela also put pressure on Bournemouth players until they lost the ball to Eriksen and then he pulled their defence apart with his run which helped free up Son for our third goal. And Sissoko send a inch perfect pass to Trippier who crossed to Aurier for our 4th goal.

Good to see Dembele and Wanyama back in midfield. We started poorly but improved as the match progressed. Wanyama still looked a bit rusty but still put in a few good challenges to stop Bournemouth. Sissoko made a positive impact when he came on, helping us with our 4th goal. Too bad Moura didn't get involved in the match but can understand why. Maybe he is still not ready for this kind of league action.

Our defence conceded another soft goal. This shows we badly need Alderweireld back to improve our defending. Sanchez did well for most of the match but made a few crucial errors early on, especially with their goal. We also needed Lloris to pull off a great save to help us with this win. Thought Aurier had a poor match but he still scored 1 and assisted 1 goal.

Kane's injury have come at a bad time for us. We will need the rest of the team to step up and help us finish this season strongly until Kane comes back. Let's hope we will continue our winning run for the rest of the season.
I disagree that it was our best performance. I thought that the scoreline was flattering to us. I thought we (just about) deserved to win but we have been better in several away games. Burnley I thought was our best away performance this season, we completely dominated that game I felt.

I disagree that it was our best performance. I thought that the scoreline was flattering to us. I thought we (just about) deserved to win but we have been better in several away games. Burnley I thought was our best away performance this season, we completely dominated that game I felt.

Agree with you, i thought it was one of out worse performances ( especially the first half), i have not seen us so unsure at the back for a while and we were lucky we did not concede more then the one goal. Second half we picked up our game.

Back