• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - first leg***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borussia DortmundVerified account‏@BVB
.@SpursOfficial It’s London calling and Dortmund answering. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the German capital of football.
1f49b.png
26bd.png
Classy! They're a great club.

I would love to be there this week. After a disappointing week a good performance would be ideal. To anyone going, enjoy yourselves!

Good game for me as this is like my second team i follow when not watching Spurs (Have followed them for years not just because of recent success).

Hope its a cracker.

Sending a weakened side out shouldn't even be a consideration, this game is huge. Not to mention how erection inducing beating Dortmund would be. If we send out a half strength team and lose 6-0 how will that affect the team?

I have to say that logically or rationally I'd like us to compete in this competition, and as far as opponents go, this is as good as it gets - but I'm just not in the least bit excited about this tie, for some reason. The fact that we're playing tomorrow has barely crossed my mind this week. I can't really explain it, but I'm just not very emotionally invested yet, for some reason.

Probably because the possibility of us having even the slimmest of chances of winning the league is the only thing football related that goes on in my head these days.

Hope we beat them though, of course! If we get through here, we can win the entire thing.

Playing one of the top teams in Europe should be regarded as a reward for the players that have put in a fantastic shift this season. Anything else would be a monster disappointment for them imo. I would rest Kane, however. Alli has an enforced rest and Dier will get his rest soon enough, otherwise I would go with as strong a team as possible:

......................Lloris.....................

Walker......Toby.......Wimmer......Rose/Davies

..................Dier....Dembele....................

Lamela..............Mason..............Eriksen

.......................Son.............................

Lets hope for a good game and good result for us.

Playing one of the top teams in Europe should be regarded as a reward for the players that have put in a fantastic shift this season. Anything else would be a monster disappointment for them imo. I would rest Kane, however. Alli has an enforced rest and Dier will get his rest soon enough, otherwise I would go with as strong a team as possible:

......................Lloris.....................

Walker......Toby.......Wimmer......Rose/Davies

..................Dier....Dembele....................

Lamela..............Mason..............Eriksen

.......................Son.............................

Lets hope for a good game and good result for us.

I agree, although i think we need to play Kane in this one; the biggest game of our season thus far. I'd play Kane instead of Son, but bring on Son later. Kane can get a rest vs Villa but have on the subs bench if needed.

I agree, although i think we need to play Kane in this one; the biggest game of our season thus far. I'd play Kane instead of Son, but bring on Son later. Kane can get a rest vs Villa but have on the subs bench if needed.

Fair enough point - providing Harry is 100% fit.

Hmm...on one hand it's gOod to see Dier get a rest...on the other hand are we not are we not risking being sliced open through the middle, especially with no Alli present?
I know Dembele played well vs Liverpool in that game when Dier was suspended, but Liverpool's attacking play is most likely far inferior to Dortmund's.

Oh well, let's see. Perhaps Poch has earmarked this game as the one where Bentaleb has to REALLY step up to the plate.

Can't wait to see. At least Harry is likely to start..we'll need his goals... COYS

I'm a bit surprised Dembele has traveled and Dier has not. I appreciate that Dier has played a lot of games, but Dembele has just returned from injury and is very injury prone. Dier could have a knock, of course.

I don't think Dembele will start, so I fear we will be a bit open in midfield tomorrow. Hopefully Mason and Carroll (or possibly Bentaleb) will prove me wrong.

My team I put on page 2 is more than capable of holding its own whilst resting key players, which is a necessity if we want to maintain a realistic shot at winning the league.

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Wimmer Davies
Bentaleb Dembele
Son Eriksen Chadli
Kane

Get the feeling it will be something like this. Maybe Lamela for Eriksen

Very, very pleased that Dier is having a break. Means that we should have Walker, Rose, Dier and Alli all fresh for the weekend. I would personally play:

Lloris, Trippier, Davies, Alder, Wimmer, Bentaleb, Mason, Lamela, Onomah, Son, Chadli

subs: Vorm, Walker, CCV, Carroll, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back