• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Boro***

I still believe that the scheme has to be the same as against wba and watford, the best to game in many time, 3 2 4 1. with davies in defence, and sissoko or gkn for rose, this sistem its safe in defence and very aggresive in attack, If they did not charge the penalty we complicated the match.

Boro had more of the ball yesterday after Son went off, his pace and workrate pins teams back.

Boro had marginally more of the ball but they had nothing to lose at that point so had to commit more regardless (2-0 is in reality no worse points wise than 1 -0)

I still believe that the scheme has to be the same as against wba and watford, the best to game in many time, 3 2 4 1. with davies in defence, and sissoko or gkn for rose, this sistem its safe in defence and very aggresive in attack, If they did not charge the penalty we complicated the match.

I'd rather have wimmer

Davies isn't a centre back although I know he has played there

Wimmer seems to be forgotten about after a poor game vs city where the whole team was poor and set up wrong in hindsight

Boro had marginally more of the ball but they had nothing to lose at that point so had to commit more regardless (2-0 is in reality no worse points wise than 1 -0)

to some degree i'm sure, but for the quarter of an hour after the goal but before we changed shape with Son/Sissoko they were still offering nothing and it seemed to me that when they did get out in the last 10 it was down our left

I'd rather have wimmer

Davies isn't a centre back although I know he has played there

Wimmer seems to be forgotten about after a poor game vs city where the whole team was poor and set up wrong in hindsight

To be fair, he was also shaky against Wycombe. I agree though, he can't be blamed for being ring-rusty or struggling alongside the rest of the team.

I'd rather he won't put good chances in row Z, won't dwell on the ball when other players are clearly wide open, etc. I don't think that's too much to ask for a player of his talent and I certainly don't think it's a choice between doing nothing and destroying 80% of our attacks which is basically what he did today.
All players make mistakes and wrong decisions all the time. If no one made mistakes, all games would finish 0-0. There will always be situations where a player should do this instead of that, but that is just speculation, because you don't know what would happen if another choice was made. The main thing is that he creates, and constantly tries to create. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes not. That's football. I think Son is doing well for us. I do have the feeling some expect all our player to preform like Messi all the time, but even he misses glorious chances.

GKN and Sissoko have shown nothing to indicate that they're better left sided wrong backs than Ben Davies.

Formation worked fine yesterday and we've played significantly worse with a back 5/3 this season even with Rose.

This just in, Middlesbrough are hard to break down. We actually created quite a bit.

Lacklustre? Excuse me, but that was fudging far from lacklustre! We pounded them constantly for 85 minutes! My ghod some of the comments in here is just astounding! As soon as we don't win by 3 goals, none of our players are good enough, they don't show desire, they're brick, they don't put any effort into it and so on. WAKE THE fudge UP AND SMELL THE REALITY! WE'RE 2ND!

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Could not agree more, that was the biggest one sided game we have had this season we dominated the game . I said in the thread earlier that we had to get a early goal because Boro have the 4th best defensive record in the Prem, we failed to do so but they defended well, we were not clinical enough and their keeper is a good one.

Do people actually think Son had a good game? Got a standing ovation and all, MOM. I think that's confusing involvement with actual contribution. He was very involved but extremely wasteful, his decision making horrible. Not a hater, I like Son but I think he has a lot of room for imporvement still.

Yes without a doubt, he is so good at finding and exploiting space ( as good as anyone in our squad). Everytime we moved forward he had managed to find gaps in the Boro defence ( and they have one of the best in the Prem).

I'd rather he won't put good chances in row Z, won't dwell on the ball when other players are clearly wide open, etc. I don't think that's too much to ask for a player of his talent and I certainly don't think it's a choice between doing nothing and destroying 80% of our attacks which is basically what he did today.

Wow, i think we must have been watching different games.

We started well. The speed of the game was impressive. We moved the ball quickly. Our movement and passing the final third is developing. There is more to come though. We do stall around the box, as many teams do. Son consistently getting the ball at the edge of their box was dangerous. But they defended so well, and we're not using runners from midfield always or keeping the incision that we have in midfield flowing into the box to create masses of clear chances.

Onwards!

It's like a drone chant

Just went on for about 15 minutes none stop

Lovely stuff - we needed a good one for Walker, and I'm glad he's getting one now. ;)

Thanks. It was just the chorus I heard yesterday, but it went on for ages and grew louder as it was picked up by more people.

A snippet of the chorus....

http://fanchants.co.uk/football-songs/tottenham_hotspur-chants/kyle-walker-song/

Could not agree more, that was the biggest one sided game we have had this season we dominated the game . I said in the thread earlier that we had to get a early goal because Boro have the 4th best defensive record in the Prem, we failed to do so but they defended well, we were not clinical enough and their keeper is a good one.

Don't know about that
We had similar one sided games vs leiceter (what a robbery that was), West Brom, Burnley to a point and swansea

We're a very very good side who the opposition will park the bus for. It's a massive compliment even if it makes for much less entertaining games

Yeah, they're from the north east - there's no way they've mastered tools or fire yet.

I had one such sitting behind me in the pub - a real Neanderthal! Kept insisting Son had dived. I suggested he might like to go and watch swimming as his knowledge of football was non-existent!

Don't know about that
We had similar one sided games vs leiceter (what a robbery that was), West Brom, Burnley to a point and swansea

We're a very very good side who the opposition will park the bus for. It's a massive compliment even if it makes for much less entertaining games

I do agree but Boro worked hard and defended well and restricted us to mostly half chances. The other games you mentioned we were poor when it came to putting our chances away. You are right though clubs will try and shut up shop against us and we have to overcome that.

Back