• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs west brom

The chance to go 2nd with a win. Early kick-off. Has all the signs of a struggle....for the old Tottenhham

We are starting to see a new-and-improved Pochettino-Tottenham, and today will go a long way to keep that belief going. I will take a 1-0 win with the ball hitting the post and bouncing back into the net off the back of Foster's head, I doubt this will be a Watford/Southampton second half stroll, but wouldnt say no if it is on offer

COYS

Media is trying to build pressure saying it is a must win. Hello go talk to Mourinho and Klopp and tell their matches are must wins. We all know Pulis likes to try to poop a party.

Well, it would be nice to see some experience building in our team and showing that they're developing. This sort of situation (win to go second) is one that we seem to have blown a number of times in recent years. West Brom have done well this season so it won't be easy however it would be nice to see us beating them clinically and without the usual heart palpations. One game obviously doesn't prove anything or decide a season but a comfortable win (in terms of control of the game etc) would be further evidence of our development

Unchanged side. Not sure we need five at the back in this game, but let's hope it works. Personally I would rather have played Son to get an extra attacker and potential goalscorer out there.

Unchanged side. Not sure we need five at the back in this game, but let's hope it works. Personally I would rather have played Son to get an extra attacker and potential goalscorer out there.

I agree with that. I don't like a back 3 in these games as we end up with 3 CBs plus 2 CMs who don't threaten the box

Always got the option to change at HT/60 mins I suppose. I suppose we havent used it against WBA before, maybe its the formation that helps us get winning against them again

3 at the back again?

Unfortunately so. I think if Lamela was fit though we'd have played 4-2-3-1. With him out it shows that Poch prefers to go 3 at the back rather than trust Son or Sissoko as starting regularly. Shows that we need another decent player in those 3 positions behind the CF, rather than Son, Sissoko, GKN etc

Just noticed Janssen not in the 18.

Not a good sign for him right now

Given how he looked against Villa, I think its logical to pick Son, Sissoko and GKN on the bench instead. If we needed a goal, would you rather bring on Son or Janssen?

Interesting that we are still going with 3 at the back. Although we looked a bit flaccid with this formation in the cup I think the difference is the personnel. Early goal would be nice.

I agree with that. I don't like a back 3 in these games as we end up with 3 CBs plus 2 CMs who don't threaten the box
Agreed, a very defensive line up. We'll have 3 centre backs and Wanyama marking Rondon.

Poch needed to be brave and get more goalscorers on the pitch IMO. We don't need Dier AND Wanyama AND Dembele. We couldn't really be more defensive. I guess he wants the height/power for set pieces. Hmmm.

I foresee a tight game and us bringing on some attack minded players late on when things get desperate.

Back