• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT***Tottenham Hotspur FC v West Ham

Enjoyed that half (and its a long time since I said that). Still missing that cutting edge goal threat but swap Defoe for Soldado at half time and think we will pummel them in the second half.

First half all Spurs but that old problem of converting chances into goals still remains.

I think the nature of our chances is unlike what we've seen this season: much more inter-play around the D, much more running the channels, more crosses, more overlapping, more balls in behind. Different kettle of fish for me.

We do look like a man light in the centre of midfield but that may be due to JD. There will be a transition from the previous tactics, only natural.

Ade has been very good, keep in mind he's played 45 competitive mins and is desperate to prove himself.

Changes? let's start with Soldier for JD...

I think a Carroll-type player would be the difference…Moussa still frustrates me...

Agreed. Soldado is not comfortable in a lone striker position and Carroll-like deflections would do wonders for Bobby.

I actually like Dembele, always passing forward now. We need that defensive presence, Sandro would be huge there.

We are creating half chances which is nice compared to having 25 shots a game all from 25 yards+

At the end of the day it's a cup game.

Couldn't give much of a toss how we look as long as we make it into the next round. Defoe is not helping that cause thus far.

I like Defoe and still think he would score - but really wanna see soldado come on. Dont think he will come on till around half hour left .

I actually quite enjoyed that first half, we used the ball well and with better finishing/ movement could have been a couple up. Nice to see us moving the ball with pace.

We're creating chances but it really just seems like everyones been told to go run around a bit.

And it looks like Sherwood told our guys to rip it in to Defoe and Ade who are to hold it up and create with their backs to goal.

thats one of the more obvious changes in play i've seen (apart from no defensive midfielders)

But what a difference playing a natural LB makes.

Agreed. Soldado is not comfortable in a lone striker position and Carroll-like deflections would do wonders for Bobby.

I actually like Dembele, always passing forward now. We need that defensive presence, Sandro would be huge there.

I think with the natural width Timbo has obviously gone for, a player like Carroll actually gives someone of Soldado's intelligence even more chance options. Stretching the width of the pitch to allow room in the channels give Roberto two potential angles of chance…hoping Timbo recalls Carroll in Jan. Dembele is frustrating to me, he is obviously strong and a good dribbler, but that's because he's not a great passer, and sometimes all we need is one clever 10 yard pass, quick and to feet. It's one of the things that, for me, made Zidane so superb. He could do the spectacular, but spent much of his time doing the right thing and very well!

Back