• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC v Sheffield United ***

So for all those who wanted us to lose against City, given today's results we would have secured CL. And I think Palace would have beaten Villa, even if Villa needed a result. If they lose this badly when they're relaxed, imagine if they were nervous with something to play for.
Pity we also lost to Fulham, Wolves, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Brighton, West Ham at home…

I said we might have done.

Fair play to Pep for not fudging around today and actually getting the result.

Arsenal struggled as it was and apparently needed an awful officiating mistake to get the 3, imagine how much flappier their arses would have been had they actually had a points lead to protect.

I’m just happy they don’t get to parade around London with that trophy

We deserve it for losing to too many bottom half teams.
Ain’t many on the bottom half we did lose too but 6 points against wolves… and the smallest man on the pitch getting a free header …
Fulham playing us off the park
The mad away game at Brighton (which we would have drawn IMO if dunk had correctly been sent off)

Ain’t many on the bottom half we did lose too but 6 points against wolves… and the smallest man on the pitch getting a free header …
Fulham playing us off the park
The mad away game at Brighton (which we would have drawn IMO if dunk had correctly been sent off)

Son giving away that stupid penalty against Brentford

So for all those who wanted us to lose against City, given today's results we would have secured CL. And I think Palace would have beaten Villa, even if Villa needed a result. If they lose this badly when they're relaxed, imagine if they were nervous with something to play for.
It's academic now. Anyway, it's not like we could have decided to beat City if we wanted and we just let them have 3 points. It is what it is, there were a lot of poor dropped points elsewhere in the season that cost us if you want to argue "what should have been."

Fw1TMYLWAAcQaCU.jpg

It wasn't about Tuesday. We were absolute brick from December to April. We got what we deserved. 5th is a good outcome.

It’s a different game if they actually had something to play for.

Doesn’t change anything for me. If you gave me the same scenario again I’d take the same outcome. The only way I’d change is it we won something tangible like a trophy. For example I’d take Arsenal winning it next season as much as that hurts provided we win the FA cup, Europa or even a motherfudging carling cup.

its a disastrous outcome from where we were earlier in the season

just shows how dogbrick everyone else is

The Chelsea game killed our season in more ways than one. It’s always against them, cursed fixture. But you also overrate Spurs. We’re not better than City, Arsenal or Liverpool. Villa have also finished above us two seasons running and have a very good manager.

It's academic now. Anyway, it's not like we could have decided to beat City if we wanted and we just let them have 3 points. It is what it is, there were a lot of poor dropped points elsewhere in the season that cost us if you want to argue "what should have been."
I'm not saying we threw it away against City. I'm just pointing out that it was silly to hope for us to lose when there was still a chance to qualify for CL. You never say die until it's mathematically impossible.

It’s a different game if they actually had something to play for.

Doesn’t change anything for me. If you gave me the same scenario again I’d take the same outcome. The only way I’d change is it we won something tangible like a trophy. For example I’d take Arsenal winning it next season as much as that hurts provided we win the FA cup, Europa or even a motherfudging carling cup.
Um no.

I’m still annoyed we lost twice to Wolves, motherfudging Wolves! We’ll probably lose against them next season as well. Dropped way too many points against mid table teams.

The Chelsea game killed our season in more ways than one. It’s always against them, cursed fixture. But you also overrate Spurs. We’re not better than City, Arsenal or Liverpool. Villa have also finished above us two seasons running and have a very good manager.

agree on the Chelsea game

we should have finished 4th, so many examples of stupid concessions and not turning up

2 more points was all we needed

no team has ever failed to turn a first 10 game run like ours into CL qualification before

this is going to take some getting over, and we start next season with huge question marks

agree on the Chelsea game

we should have finished 4th, so many examples of stupid concessions and not turning up

2 more points was all we needed

no team has ever failed to turn a first 10 game run like ours into CL qualification before

this is going to take some getting over, and we start next season with huge question marks
I’m over it to be honest. You never qualify for the CL after 10 games and I never thought we were certs for it. I said at the time and say it again, stats like the ones being trotted out at the time are nonsense.

I’m happy with where we finished and would have taken it at the start of the season. We’ve done very well. There are question marks heading into next season but there should also be optimism. The clubs in much better shape than it was 12 months ago.

Back