• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*******omt stoke v tottenham hotspur 26/04/14******

Well, I reckon that is the worst I have seen us play this season. Stoke are really good at dragging teams down to their level. I also believe that Stoke are by far and away the dirtiest team I have seen this season. Experts at leaving their foot in. Apart from one moment of genius from Ade, this was truely forgettable. Fryers is never going to make it. Naughton either. Paulhino, absent again.

I didn't watch it but are you a win at all costs kinda guy nigey? Because that's not a very spurs thing to be

tongue in cheek comment....I love you all...

but seriously......read this thread from page 4 till the end.......some beautiful stuff..

results & peformances not always easy to get them to come hand in hand. important thing is we won......no matter how many people bang on about how poorly set up we were we still won and kept a clean sheet..

That was dire to watch. No structure in our play. Passengers being left on. No tactics to pull apart 10 men. Stoke the better side even with ten men. But Tim will say we won and he is doing well?

we have a better squad than the all the teams below us. We should be above them. We scrape wins against teams we should do well against and get battered vs the good teams. Utter toss to watch.

I agree, but you have to question the players more than the manager for once. Where is their ambition? Do you really need a manager to explain basic tactics of how to play against 10 men? Do you really need a manager to motivate you to win? I see players with everything to prove but lets face it they just drift along as they get paid anyway and just dream of CL football instead of trying to earn it.

Missed this game, by the sounds of it getting dragged around the shops was infinitely more rewarding, who'd of guessed.

You're exaggerating but after the sending off you're probably right. Before that, we played better than them and should have been 2 up.

I'd agree with this, but some of our players are trying for world cup places and we played out the 2nd half like the season is over. I can't think of anything that we have learned today really to bring to next season, what a waste of our time!!

When you play Stoke - performances dont matter - its points. I dont think **** would have complained with a 1-0 win over there. ****in hell.

The points don't matter either in this case though. Tim will point towards another three points but I can't help but feel promising performances would be of greater value to his prospects of getting the job(or one elsewhere). I don't think scraping a 1-0 win against 10 man Stoke whilst playing **** pot football and making bizarre subs/selection choices are going to impress too many.

The points don't matter either in this case though. Tim will point towards another three points but I can't help but feel promising performances would be of greater value to his prospects of getting the job(or one elsewhere). I don't think scraping a 1-0 win against 10 man Stoke whilst playing **** pot football and making bizarre subs/selection choices are going to impress too many.

Plenty slip up at Stoke, you have to accept you aren't going to play great football up there - I can't think of many playing stellar football there. Top managers say all the time sometimes you have to scrap for the 3 points, how anyone can complain about the sort of game we have so often lost is ridiculous. Who were the bizarre subs by the way?

Plenty slip up at Stoke, you have to accept you aren't going to play great football up there - I can't think of many playing stellar football there. Top managers say all the time sometimes you have to scrap for the 3 points, how anyone can complain about the sort of game we have so often lost is ridiculous. Who were the bizarre subs by the way?

Leaving Lennon for so long. Leaving it so long to make any subs at all. Bringing on Sigurdsson for Chadli when we're getting swamped by 10 men and need a battler in there. Picking Paulinho and Chadli as a CM pairing. The list goes on. Saying you can't play decent football against Stoke is complete nonsense and a cheap excuse for playing like ****. I don't care about the three points, they don't get us anywhere, they're almost entirely irrelevant now. I want to see some hope going into next season but it's just a complete mess, three points against 10 man Stoke isn't masking that.

That would make a little sense if we had actually scrapped there. We neither played football nor scrapped, we just gave them the ball - has any team ever finished a match against Stoke with less possession than them?

Performances are not great and im sure his main motivation now is picking up points so we can improve the position and finish as high as we can. Finishing fifth is no disgrace and for a '****e' manager who seems can do no right - TS is DEFINITELY proving them wrong.

No it wont impress many and I didnt see the game but like I say in his view - points are all that matters.

Leaving Lennon for so long. Leaving it so long to make any subs at all. Bringing on Sigurdsson for Chadli when we're getting swamped by 10 men and need a battler in there. Picking Paulinho and Chadli as a CM pairing. The list goes on. Saying you can't play decent football against Stoke is complete nonsense and a cheap excuse for playing like ****. I don't care about the three points, they don't get us anywhere, they're almost entirely irrelevant now. I want to see some hope going into next season but it's just a complete mess, three points against 10 man Stoke isn't masking that.

Thanks, I didn't see the game so my comments dont have as much credibility as yours - Was just a general comment that I'd take a scrappy 3 points at Stoke. I didn't mean you literally can't play football against them, but they do seem to be one of those sides who do drag you down to their level....

That would make a little sense if we had actually scrapped there. We neither played football nor scrapped, we just gave them the ball - has any team ever finished a match against Stoke with less possession than them?

Like I say I didn't see the game, if that was the case then fair enough. Maybe not the old Stoke, aren't the Mark Huhges Stoke meant to play a little more football? Sounded like they were still their typical dirty selves....

Back