• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

I wonder if Levy can get Joe Lewis to actually release some funds? We have one of the richer owners in the Prem who has not actually put a real penny in. I don't want stupid spending, but right now would be the time to give Levy the dough to give to AVB...heart-breaking to think of the money frittered away by others when we had it (what on earth were Comolli and Ramos thinking with 17 mill for Bentley for example?!!!!)...

"The stand-side linesman never gave us a thing all day," Ferguson told Sky Sports. "For me, it was a poor performance by him.

"Why he never saw the penalty kick on Wayne Rooney and some of the other decisions...

"We remember him well from the Chelsea game (last season) when (Didier) Drogba was three yards offside and he gave him onside.

"I think he had a shocking game today. I'm disappointed in his performance, I really am. I think he had a bad game."

"You're 1-0 up with a minute to go and we're comfortable at that stage," he added.

"But Tottenham have worked their socks off and you have to give them credit. You can't deny them a point because they've worked ever so hard for it.

"We'd got used to them pumping balls into the box. You'd have thought we'd have dealt with it better.

"And on the counter attack we should have finished them off. It was the final ball letting us down and we should have been better than that."

We should have won, happy we didn't lose and we showed some bottle to get a point but we had SO many good chances.

Just seen Fergie on SSN, I know we all have bias for our beloved team but WTF is he on about? We were better than them for most of the game and he still always makes out they were hard done by to not win, total clown.

100% pen on Rooney lolz

Although it was his cross for the goal BAE was shocking today.

I thought he gave us a bit of drive and pressed well up the left and gave us a natural left footed crossing angles from that side of the pitch. Utd had closed any space for bale to get in, so it was an important sub.

Also thought he added a bit of presence to the team.

I wonder if Levy can get Joe Lewis to actually release some funds? We have one of the richer owners in the Prem who has not actually put a real penny in. I don't want stupid spending, but right now would be the time to give Levy the dough to give to AVB...heart-breaking to think of the money frittered away by others when we had it (what on earth were Comolli and Ramos thinking with 17 mill for Bentley for example?!!!!)...

Bentley 16m
Dos Santos 5m
Alan Hutton 9m
Woodgate 7m
Gomes 8m
Modric 16m
Gilberto free
Gunter 2.5m
Pavlychenko 14m

those were our signings under Juande...generally crap bar a couple.

Last edited:
tottvmanutdgif1a4l49.gif

AVB on his invisible trampoline :lol:

avbtottvmanutdgif2xlyej.gif

"The stand-side linesman never gave us a thing all day," Ferguson told Sky Sports. "For me, it was a poor performance by him.

"Why he never saw the penalty kick on Wayne Rooney and some of the other decisions...

"We remember him well from the Chelsea game (last season) when (Didier) Drogba was three yards offside and he gave him onside.

"I think he had a shocking game today. I'm disappointed in his performance, I really am. I think he had a bad game."

"You're 1-0 up with a minute to go and we're comfortable at that stage," he added.

"But Tottenham have worked their socks off and you have to give them credit. You can't deny them a point because they've worked ever so hard for it.

"We'd got used to them pumping balls into the box. You'd have thought we'd have dealt with it better.

"And on the counter attack we should have finished them off. It was the final ball letting us down and we should have been better than that."

Fantastic. His bitterness shows his frustration. He's basically suggesting we were a plucky Stoke today LOL. But he knows the truth.

Thats the thing. We are so close to being a top side but we need that one or two real class. When riding high it is imperative that you choose that opportunity to get those players.

Its so fudgein frustrating. I have had enough of people saying oh who are these players etc - im not employed to scout they are they surely would have one or two.

Bentley 16m
Dos Santos 5m
Alan Hutton 9m
Woodgate 7m
Gomes 8m
Modric 16m
Gilberto free
Gunter 2.5m
Pavlychenko 14m

those were our signings under Juande...generally crap bar a couple.

Indeed, and when you look at that list you can see the root of the current financial situation. Of that list I'd say Woodgate, Gomes, Modric and 'possiby' Pav are the ones who could be considered returns. Modric doubled our money, Woody won us the CC, Gomes was a major major factor we made the CL and Pav...well, he did score the vital away goal at Burnley??? He chipped in with some very important goals.

It's not just the signings but the wages which kill.

The strange thing with the wages is that Harry says Qpr have players on bigger wages than us which is surprising considering the high transfer fees paid.
I guess the worst on the list is Bentley, I mean look where he is now.

Thats the thing. We are so close to being a top side but we need that one or two real class. When riding high it is imperative that you choose that opportunity to get those players.

Its so fudgein frustrating. I have had enough of people saying oh who are these players etc - im not employed to scout they are they surely would have one or two.

Given my biggest fear, that we don't get AVB's contract extended in the summer because of this sort of thing, I agree. We have a manager who is committed to us on a long-term project basis and who is shaping a tremendous squad. Now is the time to speculate on Mr Lewis' part, and again, no-one's looking for Leeds-type debt, just enough to get the one or two players our staff have identified. Until then...

Indeed, and when you look at that list you can see the root of the current financial situation. Of that list I'd say Woodgate, Gomes, Modric and 'possiby' Pav are the ones who could be considered returns. Modric doubled our money, Woody won us the CC, Gomes was a major major factor we made the CL and Pav...well, he did score the vital away goal at Burnley??? He chipped in with some very important goals.

It's not just the signings but the wages which kill.

Yep the wage bill also must have took a big hit. Personally i think Pav was a big miss and Gomes had one very good season and the rest poor/average so he's in the ok category.

Point being Ramos (or Comolli or whoever is in charge of spending at that time) blew our money big time that season.

The strange thing with the wages is that Harry says Qpr have players on bigger wages than us which is surprising considering the high transfer fees paid.
I guess the worst on the list is Bentley, I mean look where he is now.

Fernandes is piling money into QPR and has probably put 80-90 mill at least of his own money in there (I'm sure I'm off on that count)...no-one's doing that for us, and in that sense, we are one of the last REAL football clubs. But I wouldn't mind a slight dip into unreality. I will say that I think we DO have just enough to keep top 4 (Holtby coming in to guarantee) but it would be nice to have a little extra quality insurance...

The Arse fans are pathetically unconcerned about us, but the dippers offer far better entertainment:

Can't see Spurts scoring. They are as good a football team as a pile of carrots is a starship capable of stealth attacks and warpspeed.

Dempsey has been poo.

We dodged a bullet there.

May have turned out differently for us

No chance.

He has never been that good.

Are they singing about Suarez? Or am I hearing things?

'Always the victim' too.

'Only a minority etc'.

I see the United fans still chanting about us. Sometimes I think they hate us more than they love their team

It's the only song they know.

ohh what a miss

Sturridge would have buried that.

Dempsey really is atrocious. I always thought he was overrated crap. Nice to be proven right every week.

Thank you GHod

Thank you for making Al Fayed not sell Dempsey to us

Spurs basic decision making is hilariously bad. What a poor, poor team.

Dempsey is extremely brick

Understatement of the year

I see no reason to give up on 4th place

Just watching this and Spuds haven't got one player on the level of Suarez, same with Everton and Arsenal. Think he could be key to us nicking it.

hahahahaha

Dempsey you brick c*nt I love it

Spurs absolutely battered them

I will never, ever understand those of you celebrating a Tottenham goal.

You are enjoying that the mountain we have to climb just got a lot steeper? Are you a Liverpool fan or a Man United hater?

..it was justifiable for wanting United to win , or more to the point Spurs lose just for what their fans sang " Are you Suarez in disguise?" when Rooney went down in the box.

Back