• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

Lets not fudge around...this team looks good to me.

We'll only beat Utd by taking the game to them and then riding out the storm. A red card for Utd would be nice, but there is probably more chance of finding martians than that happening.

Well said - I honestly am not frightened of the United team and I hope our players won't be either. Let's give it a go.

Can't believe the negativity, can only assume it is because of history. Yes they are good, yes RVP is on top form.........

BUT

we are a very good team, easily capable of winning this game. Utd will have a go, push forward and leave space in behind where Bale, Lennon and Defoe will kill them. Our defence is better than theirs and we will win. I expect goals and another 3-2 win.

Well said and I'm surprised at the negativity too. Or maybe not, but I don't share it.

I will be putting a large amount of money on United draw no bet

Wassat mean then? A draw I understand, but "draw no bet" - clearly some kind of bookie speak going on.
I'll be quite happy with a point in advance: I usually expect the worst outcome when Spurs are involved, as I learned the hard way that hope causes pain.
But i did think we would win at QPR...doing the double over Manure would be extraordinary. If AVB can make the players think there is a chance, who knows, maybe a little bit of history could be made?

I will be putting a large amount of money on United draw no bet

Wassat mean then? A draw I understand, but "draw no bet" - clearly some kind of bookie speak going on.
I'll be quite happy with a point in advance: I usually expect the worst outcome when Spurs are involved, as I learned the hard way that hope causes pain.
But i did think we would win at QPR...doing the double over Manure would be extraordinary. If AVB can make the players think there is a chance, who knows, maybe a little bit of history could be made?

It means you get all your money back if its a draw

ArcspacE started another Man Utd OMT, must be his third against them, all end in defeat. At least I have my excuse ready

In recent memory whenever we have lost to united at home we have generally dominated only for them to swiftly counter. This time, like at OT, we have to score when in the ascendancy. I think we don't need to be gungho here. They will want to counter us and I feel we are certainly better with space to run into.

Tempted by Sandro Parker and Dembele, but I think we should play Dempsey.

Can't believe the negativity, can only assume it is because of history. Yes they are good, yes RVP is on top form.........

BUT

we are a very good team, easily capable of winning this game. Utd will have a go, push forward and leave space in behind where Bale, Lennon and Defoe will kill them. Our defence is better than theirs and we will win. I expect goals and another 3-2 win.

It's realism more than negativity. They are 7 points clear at the top for a reason... RvP. It's the same reason why I feared the Arsenal away game last season even though most Spurs fans thought we would smash them. I'm not saying we are definitely going to lose, but I'm preparing myself for every outcome. What gives me hope is that we beat them already this season and they really are poor at the back. They won't come to the lane and park the bus like a lot of teams do which suits us down to the ground.

Amazingly enough, United have conceded three times as many goals in the last 6 Premier League games than Spurs have.

This, I feel, will be the key to Sunday's match - United are shaky at the back while Spurs have been rock-solid.

How much of this is down to the respective goalkeepers?

Amazingly enough, United have conceded three times as many goals in the last 6 Premier League games than Spurs have.

This, I feel, will be the key to Sunday's match - United are shaky at the back while Spurs have been rock-solid.

How much of this is down to the respective goalkeepers?

Lies and statistics

In the last 3 league games, United have kept twice as many clean sheets as us

............LLoris

Naughton/Walker.....Caulker.....Vertonghen......BAE

.......Sandro.......Dembele

Lennon................Bale..........Siggy/Townsend

...........Defoe​

I dont expect this team to be picked but I do feel an element of surprise is needed. Therefore I'd like to see us have pace behind the lone striker with Bale central, running off, Carrick's positions, similar to how he did in getting his goal up at Old Trafford .

Naughton or Walker at right-back and Siggy or Townsend out on the left flank.

See, so I get the negative vibe from this OMT that wouldn't have been produced had I been responsible for the OMT.

I think we can win, but this OMT has given them a goal head start.

See, so I get the negative vibe from this OMT that wouldn't have been produced had I been responsible for the OMT.

I think we can win, but this OMT has given them a goal head start.

This is the only thing that gives me hope for this match. My OMT for Old Trafford was only started because of a certain lazy so-and-so who said he would, but never did.

This is the only thing that gives me hope for this match. My OMT for Old Trafford was only started because of a certain lazy so-and-so who said he would, but never did.

:lol: then let's hope that this works again! But my thread WAS going to be the big winner here!

Vidic and Young both injured vs. Liverpool. Hope it's nothing trivial. And ManU host West Ham on Wednesday in, what we hope will be, the coldest, windiest FA Cup replay on record. Of course, undersoil heating will let the game go on. Can only hope for cold-induced muscle tears, tendon twangs and chronic chillblains. And a will-sapping 23-round penalty shootout.

Back