• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sissoko was at risk, being on a yellow, I can understand him coming off.

Wanyama coming on, however, was just wrong.

I thought it was dumb. Trust the fella not to get a second yellow if we don't have a decent replacement and we didn't. We don't always take off the lads on yellow cards. What makes it worse, if memory serves, is that Big Vic got booked soon after coming on anyway. So we had a crock on a yellow rather than Sissoko on a yellow.

Bullsh!t decision.

I thought it was dumb. Trust the fella not to get a second yellow if we don't have a decent replacement and we didn't. We don't always take off the lads on yellow cards. What makes it worse, if memory serves, is that Big Vic got booked soon after coming on anyway. So we had a crock on a yellow rather than Sissoko on a yellow.

Bullsh!t decision.

Its the only reasoning I can fathom, Im not saying its what I would have done.

Sissoko will often find himself in a foot race, or chasing across to cover, and will naturally be prone to cards. Already on a yellow, he could have been seen as a risk.

If that was the thinking, Im not against it. Though personally I dont think Id have been looking to take him off. And if I did, it would NEVER have been for Wanyama.

We certainly did. We did look better though, and we played through their high press well, something we have been rubbish at for a while now.

I thought he played well. Did some good stuff, made it look easy, easy to pass over when watching. Did some more obvious stuff, turning players, holding players off, that really had me excited.

Over all Id say he was probably better than you think, if you watched it again your opinion would change some - but over all I should say Im not making out like he was brilliant. I thought he was decent, with flashes of things to come, which is what I found exciting.

I really do think we deserved to win. They were dangerous on the break, but aside from a few chances were very limited over all by how we played.

This was probably our best performance all season, and if VAR wasnt so dodgy we would have won comfortably IMO. As much as you think the game swung on Sissoko going off - Id argue if Sons goal stood we would have won at a canter.

It was correct in terms of the rules of VAR as set up. It is fundamentally wrong though, in the way it is set up.

There is room for error, to the degree that calls as marginal as that was (and we are talking millimetres, arent we?) should have some discretion applied.

The system is not millimetre accurate, to treat it as though it is is a fundamental flaw.

Agreed. The diamond is brick. I think the diamond was adopted to accommodate our issues last season, but it has no place in the team today.

We need to settle on a formation and stick to it. 4231 seems the best suited and most comfortable.

Its all so bloody obvious its frustrating Poch is carrying on as he is. Id love to think there was reasoning behind it, as to why its preferable to hobble along with a diamond, but honestly I just dont see it.

I think the way Sissoko plays, there is always the chance of a yellow. I dont mind him coming off on those grounds at all.

Winks was doing well in that base of midfield position, Id have been happier with a direct replacement to Sissoko. Skipp probably the best option, but Id have had Dier ahead of Wanyama as well.

Wanyama looks done, first thing he did on the field was get roasted and give away a foul (and get a yellow).

Things swung on that, but it was more that Wanyama came on, rather than Sissoko went off, IMO.

Bringing on Skipp or Dier instead of Wanyama would not have changed the helta skelta end to end 50/50 game that was going on.

A change was needed as 1-1 was just as likely as 0-2 but it should have been eriksen for sissoko or ndombele.

Leicester would have been instantly pushed onto the back foot and we would have totally dominated possession from that point and gone on to win.

Playing in a lop sided alien formation was the reason we were reduced to a west ham or leicester level team on saturday and thus prevented from dominating proceedings and making a victory far more likely.

Bringing on Skipp or Dier instead of Wanyama would not have changed the helta skelta end to end 50/50 game that was going on.

A change was needed as 1-1 was just as likely as 0-2 but it should have been eriksen for sissoko or ndombele.

Leicester would have been instantly pushed onto the back foot and we would have totally dominated possession from that point and gone on to win.

Playing in a lop sided alien formation was the reason we were reduced to a west ham or leicester level team on saturday and thus prevented from dominating proceedings and making a victory far more likely.

Eriksen was useless when he came on and did nothing to positively effect the game. Waste of time bringing him on at all, let alone for Sissoko.

Skipp and Dier are superior to Wanyama, and so could have course had a greater impact on the game.

I do agree that the diamond sucks, but for the most part it was doing the job on Saturday, so its a bit silly to point to it as the reason for a loss. We lost when we gave up the midfield, which happened when Sissoko went off, Winks got moved and incomprehensibly Wanyama was chosen to come on.

Eriksen was useless when he came on and did nothing to positively effect the game. Waste of time bringing him on at all, let alone for Sissoko.

Skipp and Dier are superior to Wanyama, and so could have course had a greater impact on the game.

I do agree that the diamond sucks, but for the most part it was doing the job on Saturday, so its a bit silly to point to it as the reason for a loss. We lost when we gave up the midfield, which happened when Sissoko went off, Winks got moved and incomprehensibly Wanyama was chosen to come on.
I don't know why we needed to make a change at all at the point we did. I thought it looked more likely that we would get a second than Leicester getting an equaliser. It was a pointless substitution that made us even more disjointed because it affected two players in the team and not just one.

I don't know why we needed to make a change at all at the point we did. I thought it looked more likely that we would get a second than Leicester getting an equaliser. It was a pointless substitution that made us even more disjointed because it affected two players in the team and not just one.

As I say, the only thing I can think is Sissokos yellow, othewise I agree completely.

It seemed unnecessary, and the change in shape was clearly a mistake, as was the choice of Wanyama.

I can buy the sub, just about, but I cant get behind the rest.

It's called snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and much as I love Poch, he does have previous for it.

Eriksen was bought on with just over 10 mins to go and we continued to then play in the lop sided alien formation.

The alien formation was the cause of every issue we had in that game, including the use of wanyama in that lop sided piece of brick system.

It wasnt doing its job for the most part. We were reduced to being Leicester's equals and thus taking part in an open end to end helta skelta game where anyone could have scored next.

We used to go to places like that and have 70% possession, hardly even misplace a pass and concede only a few half chances.

That is the benchmark, not us in a leicester or west ham re-carnation where anyone could have won.

4231 and we would have dominated the match and won 1-3 at worst.

Its beyond incredible that some people cannot see this and have forgotten how good we were not that long ago.

Eriksen was bought on with just over 10 mins to go and we continued to then play in the lop sided alien formation.

The alien formation was the cause of every issue we had in that game, including the use of wanyama in that lop sided piece of brick system.

It wasnt doing its job for the most part. We were reduced to being Leicester's equals and thus taking part in an open end to end helta skelta game where anyone could have scored next.

We used to go to places like that and have 70% possession, hardly even misplace a pass and concede only a few half chances.

That is the benchmark, not us in a leicester or west ham re-carnation where anyone could have won.

4231 and we would have dominated the match and won 1-3 at worst.

Its beyond incredible that some people cannot see this and have forgotten how good we were not that long ago.

Can i ask you what do you think of @BrainOfLevy post on this current formation yesterday: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/mauricio-pochettino.6336/page-1049#post-1236987

Sorry to put you into the fire Brain, but, i'd love to see this further discussed...

Ive forgotten nothing. Ive just a different view of the game that trying to blame a formation for the whole result.

We were the dominant side for most of the match, deservedly ahead - and should have been further ahead at the point of that sub.

Also, how did people compare the game on Saturday to the second half last week vs Palace? I must say we seemed to hack at every player in that second half vs Palace in what looked like panic format (we got loads of yellow cards iirc) when in the past we would calmly tackle and win the ball back and kept possession and pushed the opposition back.
I wonder if Palace would have had similar joy as Leicester, in terms of shots on goal, if they weren't already demoralised....

i thought it was Poch's decision to substitute Sissoko that lost us the game on Saturday. Made all the stranger by the fact that there was just no need to make that substitution.
I would agree with taking Sissoko off for a footballer. Can't understand the equally limited Wanyama being brought on.

I have problems with the diamond, mainly because we have only 3 attacking players and are still giving up chances at the back.

Yes, I just dont think our players know how to play with it, and it doesnt necessarily suit many of them. All top teams have tried and tested systems, like we did in the first 3-4 years of Poch's reign - its his buggering around with the formation every game which is costing us. I love Poch but it almost feels like he's trying to get too clever, or think he's too clever. Just need to stick with what made us a decent team - that is 4-2-3-1 and pressing

Can i ask you what do you think of @BrainOfLevy post on this current formation yesterday: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/mauricio-pochettino.6336/page-1049#post-1236987

Sorry to put you into the fire Brain, but, i'd love to see this further discussed...

I think that if BoL’s assessment of what Poch is doing is accurate, then Poch is being unnecessarily too clever.

BoL seems to think there are some benefits to the diamond and some issues that can be ironed out.

I would ask is it all really worth it, because we deem it some Einstein moment to overcome sides pressing.....

I’d rather stick with high intensity football with a 4231 that yields near on complete domination of the football with the quality of our squad, hardly any misplaced passes, conceding hardly any chances and thus winning games like Saturday quite comfortably.

Back