• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Leicester City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
was just musing on winks and you posted this!
I'm wondering if we may need to consider alternatives.

Winks for me needs to play next to a DM, be that Dier, Wanyama or a new signing, if it was up to me he would be competing with Ndombele to play next to a out and out DM, I want to see a 4231 with essentially

.Dier/Wanyama/Skipp/ns .......Ndombele/winks

If it were Kane, Son, Alderweireld leaving along with the inevitable departure of Eriksen, then a big problem.

As it is I am clinging to the hope Kane will stay at least until he overhauls Greaves' goal tally.

Kane would have to play into his 40s then. Because early signs are that his scoring rate is going to decrease quickly.

Either through tactics or injuries he is dropping deeper and deeper, pretty much a midfielder now.

Winks for me needs to play next to a DM, be that Dier, Wanyama or a new signing, if it was up to me he would be competing with Ndombele to play next to a out and out DM, I want to see a 4231 with essentially

You don't need a DM in 4-2-3-1, that's one of its main benefits.

What were Dier and Wanyama then? They were essentially that, they would also drop back between the cb and make it a back three when needed.
Wanyama is a DM and it was a waste playing him there - there was room for another passer.

Dier has far more to his game than a DM.

What were Dier and Wanyama then? They were essentially that, they would also drop back between the cb and make it a back three when needed.

Dier is white and said he likes chess once so he isn't allowed to be called a DM iirc

Last edited:
Wanyama is a DM and it was a waste playing him there - there was room for another passer.

Dier has far more to his game than a DM.

Yet our best form and overall performances came with Wanyama or Dier playing, I am a firm believer that a clubs best XI players all playing in their natural positions does not equal the best team, you need the workhorses in the team as the glue.

But the club won’t see it like that
£60m is a mega investment

What about if players in the team are worth £80m? U leave out an 80 to play a 60? I’m not saying they are btw, I’m just challenging the logic. What u pay for someone is irrelevant to the team selection.

What about if players in the team are worth £80m? U leave out an 80 to play a 60? I’m not saying they are btw, I’m just challenging the logic. What u pay for someone is irrelevant to the team selection.

Agreed once they are signed the fee paid should be irrelevant, players should be picked on form and chemistry, it should not matter if they cost £150m or a graduate of the academy, if their good enough and are in form they are all equal.

I agree. As much as a like him as a passer he’s not naturally a strong DM. We are without that at the moment.

I agree. As much as a like him as a passer he’s not naturally a strong DM. We are without that at the moment.

I have never considered him a natural defensive player, but even going back to the start of last season when we started playing the diamond, Fulham at Wembley, Man U away, it was Dembele playing at the base with Dier on the right ahead, it just makes me wonder what the game plan is and what Winks role actually is meant to be.

I don't think it was right. However marginal the best view - that using the technology - has him offside.

Yeah I can't see it but there is obviously some logic or rationale there that is based on better information than human eyes watching a game at full pelt.

We've had some decisions go our way with VAR. We were unlucky today but that was always going to happen at some stage. However, I'm more concerned with the fragility and anemia we seem to have developed over the last 2 years.

Yeah I can't see it but there is obviously some logic or rationale there that is based on better information than human eyes watching a game at full pelt.

We've had some decisions go our way with VAR. We were unlucky today but that was always going to happen at some stage. However, I'm more concerned with the fragility and anemia we seem to have developed over the last 2 years.
But the ones we had go our way we’re all correct and not marginal
Today was possibly an inch in it ... and there’s is now no attacking advantage

We just need to get back to playing 4-2-3-1 consistently. We have 6 players for the '3' behind the CF and some real quality there. Yet Poch seems to want to play 4-3-1-2 or with midfield diamonds which our players dont seem to be comfortable with. We played 4-2-3-1 against Palace and hammered them. Yet now we change to a diamond

Back