• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Villa

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Son has scored a header with his eyes shut on the goalline, a deflected shot that was heading at the keeper and a follow up from his own poor pen! Him and Mourinho must be sharing the rabbits foot!

Son scores the rebound. However we were lucky. Son's head is not in this game. There is something wrong with him.

He’s been very strange since his red against chelsea. In his spurs tv interview after the city game he sounded odd and looked to be holding back the tears at times.

Something in his personal life perhaps?

Would be awesome to get aurier, dier and dele off now for tanganga, ndombele and lo celso.

Would remove three brain dead individuals who you know between them will give villa a goal second half and failing that will needlessly turn over possession around a dozen times.

And in there place comes three beasts.

Could be the difference between drawing this 2-2 or winning 1-5.

I can see what Mourinho's trying to do. Those counter-attacks were indicative of what he wants us to do - break at speed, absolutely rip down the line and then combine for a neat finish.

Two out of three were there. The combination play? Not at all.

Plus, that playing style relies on us being solid enough to weather pressure without looking nervy or prone to conceding. We just can't do that right now, no matter how many defenders we throw on the field.

Alli's had an atrocious game - Dier's actually been pretty decent. Others all on par.

For Christ's sake, take Aurier off before he gets sent off. He's good for one, maaaybe two more fouls before he's gone, and I do not trust him one f*cking bit on that, because he already had two instances where he could have been booked again.

Get Tanganga on that side, or if it's too early for him to lock down that side on his own, get Tanganga into central defense and shuffle Sanchez across.

He’s been very strange since his red against chelsea. In his spurs tv interview after the city game he sounded odd and looked to be holding back the tears at times.

Something in his personal life perhaps?

Would be awesome to get aurier, dier and dele off now for tanganga, ndombele and lo celso.

Would remove three brain dead individuals who you know between them will give villa a goal second half and failing that will needlessly turn over possession around a dozen times.

And in there place comes three hunks of burning love.

Could be the difference between drawing this 2-2 or winning 1-5.
There was a query about how long Son has been off for and I thought at the time that it has been since that leg break.

I can see what Mourinho's trying to do. Those counter-attacks were indicative of what he wants us to do - break at speed, absolutely rip down the line and then combine for a neat finish.

Two out of three were there. The combination play? Not at all.

Plus, that playing style relies on us being solid enough to weather pressure without looking nervy or prone to conceding. We just can't do that right now, no matter how many defenders we throw on the field.

Alli's had an atrocious game - Dier's actually been pretty decent. Others all on par.

For Christ's sake, take Aurier off before he gets sent off. He's good for one, maaaybe two more fouls before he's gone, and I do not trust him one f*cking bit on that, because he already had two instances where he could have been booked again.

Get Tanganga on that side, or if it's too early for him to lock down that side on his own, get Tanganga into central defense and shuffle Sanchez across.

@DubaiSpur must be tinkled, he’s being positive ;)

Will be interesting to see whether Son comes out for the second half. He was down at the end of the first half

I'd like to see Gedson or Ndombele on for Dele. We need some drive from that position

What a fudging half.

As weird as it sounds, I feel like we should be ahead with the quality of chances we have created. Dele really should have a couple and Son's control has probably cost us a couple of times too. Not only that but all of the front four have been guilty of trying to do too much and not offloading it sooner. Bergwijn should've squared early to Son but luckily drew the foul and got a pen. We have had control of the game on a couple of occasions only for a half clearance to bypass our DM's and their #9 to be quicker than Sanchez to get to it. That would be for me a point to improve upon.

Dier has done better as the half has gone on and displayed some good passing. Aurier looks in trouble with Grealish, but after we got level our low block and defensive shape choked the space that Grealish was enjoying before.

On the subject of Grealish; any Villa fan annoyed by the pen should see the number of fouls he draws by doing just what Bergwijn did. He puts his body in position's where defenders foul him easily, albeit softly at times.

Watching a replay looked liked Reina was off his line for the penalty anyway...

Hopefully we stuff them second half.

Right footed players tend to go right too

that was always my default decision maker when I played, you don’t know anything about anyone in Sunday league* so I’d just go low to either the left or right based on which foot the taker looked like they were going to use, I didn’t save many but I went the right way more than half the time

*we played Saturdays but the level was the same

Bergiwjn does good things but kills our width; he is NEVER wide left.

Aurier is an absolute liability bell-end.

Lloris is scared of his own 6 yard box. He plays like a 6 year old girl in a hurricane.

Dele keeps missing and missing and missing, surely he should just ...erm... score a goal at some point?

What a fudging half.

As weird as it sounds, I feel like we should be ahead with the quality of chances we have created. Dele really should have a couple and Son's control has probably cost us a couple of times too. Not only that but all of the front four have been guilty of trying to do too much and not offloading it sooner. Bergwijn should've squared early to Son but luckily drew the foul and got a pen. We have had control of the game on a couple of occasions only for a half clearance to bypass our DM's and their #9 to be quicker than Sanchez to get to it. That would be for me a point to improve upon.

Dier has done better as the half has gone on and displayed some good passing. Aurier looks in trouble with Grealish, but after we got level our low block and defensive shape choked the space that Grealish was enjoying before.

On the subject of Grealish; any Villa fan annoyed by the pen should see the number of fouls he draws by doing just what Bergwijn did. He puts his body in position's where defenders foul him easily, albeit softly at times.

yeah, we’ve been kinda awful, but massively the better side

Back