• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Palace

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think it’s harsh, we was rubbish tbf and players we had missing is irrelevant to whether we were poor or not. And let’s not forget Palace we’re missing their only player who really does anything in the attacking third.

You say we were digging out heels in, but had they had anyone on the pitch who could finish we wouldn’t of won.

That being said, we won so who cares:D

I think Palace are nothing if not organised defensively, so these games against them are always going to be a bit of a slog for our front players that have to contend with very little space. And it’s therefore not surprising that Sissoko in a deeper transitional role really gets the chance to shine. But scrapping to the win was the order of the day here, and we did it.

Happy for Sissoko of course, great that he is finally getting the appreciation the rest of the squad gets and that he is treated like a part of it. The narrative has shifted.

Also super happy for Foyth. He looked so happy when he scored and the team looked so happy for him. He’s class - deserves to keep playing somehow even when Sanchez and Jan are back. Don’t know how exactly but he is no longer just a GKN style prospect we are hopeful may turn into something. He has begun that turn and is going to be a serious player.

Also shout outs to Aurier and Davies who I think did their jobs very well, winning their duels, sniffing the danger. I also thought Wanyama went some way to looking like a footballer again. There were still a few moments where he could have released the ball quicker and you wonder why his mind is working slower than it should, but I thought he was improved today. Hopefully he’s getting there.

I know it wasn't a performance of flowing football but it was a terrible night against a team who always give it 100% and who held the fantastic Woolwich team. At least we try to play football and just don't lump it and kick anything that moves. We've not hit our top form yet and as long as we can keep in touch until we do I'm content.

I know it wasn't a performance of flowing football but it was a terrible night against a team who always give it 400% and who held the fantastic Woolwich team. At least we try to play football and just don't lump it and kick anything that moves. We've not hit our top form yet and as long as we can keep in touch until we do I'm content.

What sort s h i t system changes one hundred to four hundred?

So happy about our win today. Not a great performance by our lads, but hard fought victory and so happy for Foyth and Sissoko. Just smiling all over for this win. Might have to do with me drinking my first few beers for a few weeks, but still, a win at Palace ain't bad. Up up up! Aurier did well too, I thought. :)

He can run fast and he's strong. He seems to be a decent person (other than the fraud of taking his paycheck under the pretence of being a footballer).

I think he'd make a very good sprinter, would probably make a decent Cornerback too.
Fraud? That is a serious allegation, mon ami. I think you'll find he is a footballer, as evidenced by the fact that he plays football for a living. And a very good one - financially - at that. And his past two games have been decent. I think you'll find Dele gave the ball away more than him in the first half.

We're falling over the line most weeks...BUT importantly falling with 3pts in the bag...none of this draw sh.t.

A big plus could be the minutes players like Foyth, Winks, Gazzaniga, Pamela are getting....these players need games to show they can do it. If they can show it, it's no different to a new signing and they enlarge the squad of players that can be relied on as the season progresses

Back