• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

Poch. “We need to keep working hard”.

Ffs.

What was he supposed to say? He was an absolute pro then. Tried to take blame, showed understanding, said nothing inflammatory. Pretty much the best we could hope at that point.

At the risk of inciting the "body language" haters, he looked a defeated man. I wonder if it was the result, or if it was last straw for his tenure stuff...

Why would Real Madrid even want Pochettino right now?! Surely there are managers with better form and who haven’t their team crumble so spectacularly in the past year?
As Zidane hasn’t worked and they’ve been in the background unsettling Poch for 6-12 months?....

What was he supposed to say? He was an absolute pro then. Tried to take blame, showed understanding, said nothing inflammatory. Pretty much the best we could hope at that point.

At the risk of inciting the "body language" haters, he looked a defeated man. I wonder if it was the result, or if it was last straw for his tenure stuff...
Personally, I wanted to see some anger. Some fire. Some idea of a recognition of what has gone wrong and a plan for how he’s going to fix it.

You'll have to find that. I genuinely do not remember ever saying Poch wanted to get rid of him but there were not takers.
Probably my memory confusing you with someone else then.

I'm sure even Poch admitted he wanted rid too but that Sissoko had, in his opinion, turned it around (wrongly)

Personally, I wanted to see some anger. Some fire. Some idea of a recognition of what has gone wrong and a plan for how he’s going to fix it.

Fair enough. Im not sure Poch coming out in public and being emotional would have been productive, but each to their own.

Personally I want a quiet control in public. If he is tearing them up in the dressing room as we speak thats entirely fine for me, but I always think "behind closed doors" is best with clubs/players/managers interactions.

The more boring the public face the better.

Why would Real Madrid even want Pochettino right now?! Surely there are managers with better form and who haven’t their team crumble so spectacularly in the past year?

His reputation is still very high, much worse managers keep getting sacked and somehow get r another job, plus it’s Real Madrid, the same team that hired OneDay Ramos.

I agree with all that.

He showed dignity and protection of them, but yes, he looked hollowed out and empty.

I'm hoping he's the man we think he all is.

He's learnt about the players but also about himself, how he should conduct himself etc

Out of this will rise Poch 3.0

I agree with all that.

He showed dignity and protection of them, but yes, he looked hollowed out and empty.

As I say, maybe the result. Time will tell, of course. Looked more serious than that though.

I had to listen double hard when he said about "club communication" about Lloris*, I thought for a moment he was talking about himself.

*Seemed an odd way for him to phrase it, but maybe thats just me. Distanced himself.

As I say, maybe the result. Time will tell, of course. Looked more serious than that though.

I had to listen double hard when he said about "club communication" about Lloris*, I thought for a moment he was talking about himself.

*Seemed an odd way for him to phrase it, but maybe thats just me. Distanced himself.

Hard not to see the alternate take in anything he's saying right now TBH. At this point, all bets are off. I desperately want him to have the chance to build mkII but am aware that it is as much an emotional opinion as anything else right now. This has been a bewilderingly terrible run. Mitigating circumstances aside, because I admit, we had plenty of them last season too yet managed to barge through somehow. Now we're not even doing that.

Fair enough. Im not sure Poch coming out in public and being emotional would have been productive, but each to their own.

Personally I want a quiet control in public. If he is tearing them up in the dressing room as we speak thats entirely fine for me, but I always think "behind closed doors" is best with clubs/players/managers interactions.

The more boring the public face the better.
He just seems clueless and lost.

Hard not to see the alternate take in anything he's saying right now TBH. At this point, all bets are off. I desperately want him to have the chance to build mkII but am aware that it is as much an emotional opinion as anything else right now. This has been a bewilderingly terrible run. Mitigating circumstances aside, because I admit, we had plenty of them last season too yet managed to barge through somehow. Now we're not even doing that.

Last season we could all see the compromises.

I said countless times, and even now stand by it completely - injuries etc were damn near strategic in bringing us down. And I think Poch did incredible work to get the results he did.

This season is where it changed for me. And while its obvious we see things differently, the way I was looking at it was this.

We had the summer, for once. NDombele in early, a full pre season, Kane/Son etc looking rested, fit and sharp.

I expected us to start this season like the Spurs of old - compromised as that may be - rather than a continuation of the Spurs of last season.

Instead we have taken the Spurs of last season and declined.

Emotionally, still, Id love nothing more than Poch getting the show back on the road. Getting us back to our old selves, and then evolving us past that. Its all Ive ever wanted.

Logically, particularly the last few weeks, I just havent seen anything to suggest thats what he is doing. And more and more now it just looks like he is done, he wont get the chance.

It's only cause I believe that he's bought most of this on himself, that I have this belief he's going to turn it around.

Loyalty is both irrelevant and pointless. If he's successful we support him, if he's not we replace him. This is a competitive sport, not fudging knitting club.

Every time we have sacked a manager recently....we have subsequently improved, fact. I loved big MJ for giving us Europa, but when it all goes horribly wrong, you have to part company.
Have to say, I am often sad to see a manager go. Especially as we went through quite a few over a relatively short period of time. I also hated the way the Jol situation was handled, but that was more because I liked the guy and that he brought a good feeling back after years of darkness, than that he was a misunderstood managerial genius. I was also sad to see Hoddle go as I really wanted him to succeed with and for us. But in hindsight every single sacking was right at the time, and if Poch goes now I will not hold that against Levy if a competent replacement comes in. It has absolutely nothing to do with this or the Bayern result, but due to the assumption that he has lost the ability to pick the team back up.

Everybody can be a good player or manager or boss when things are up and rolling along smoothly, it's in times like this you can and need to show what you're really made of. Bad spells will happen for anybody, it's what you do and how you react to them that matter. Or evidence that you even do and react. Any man and his dog can put up 11 random names on a board and whether they are marked in a specific formation they will only occupy at kickoff or restarts is irrelevant and should not make or break your game. That's not managing. We don't even play better in the second half as we used to when starting poorly. Arguably, we play even worse now after the break. We are not a team now, and can't expect Poch to individually babysit grown men earning millions of pounds who have grown complacent without having any reason to. But when you sub Son with Moura while leaving Eriksen and Kane - who by the way has been consistently poor since his last injury - on the pitch today, you cannot have paid much attention either. I'm not even negative, I think this will sort itself out, one way or another, with or without Poch. We have too much in place for it not to.

Still, anyone thinking his press conferences are bad must have forgotten Hoddle's ever present "scratchin' me head". They were really doing me in.

I have booked flights and hotel for going over to watch the games vs olympiacos and Bournemouth, but I think I'll cancel. I'm not spending £1000 to watch this brick!

Back