• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT. Spurs-Hove Albion**

Ive seen the argument a few times recently that a manager has a shelf life at any given club.

Which makes a degree of sense, after 3 or 4 years its all a bit tired, isnt it? Unless you can evolve and keep things going, which is really tough.

Ive always felt Poch could be a manager to build an absolute and lasting legacy here, but it could be the above rings true in the end.

Managers who stay long term and build a dynasty completely refresh the squad, every year they seem to shake it up by selling a player or two in their peak that no one expected and already have the replacements lined up.

Yes, maybe so. But that doesn’t change the fact that replacing Poch is a high risk gamble, and we have no particular right to success. It just looks bleak whatever happens: there is no panacea.

It's the eternal question, there's risk in change, and risk in no change, choose your risk....

The key for me is who you have available to change too, that's normally the decoder imo.

You can rely on a new manager bounce, you need to know it's a manager who can run with it rather than it be a dead-cat bounce

Managers who stay long term and build a dynasty completely refresh the squad, every year they seem to shake it up by selling a player or two in their peak that no one expected and already have the replacements lined up.
Not just about refreshing the squad though, it's about refreshing the message too, the methods, the demands...

It's the eternal question, there's risk in change, and risk in no change, choose your risk....

The key for me is who you have available to change too, that's normally the decoder imo.

You can rely on a new manager bounce, you need to know it's a manager who can run with it rather than it be a dead-cat bounce
More risk in doing nothing imo

I am literally considering switching off and trying to get my afternoon brick to come a bit earlier than normal.

Lamela and Son need to really aware of the loose balls. We are blocking their efforts, but the balls is coming straight back at us.

Back