• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Woolwich***

Anyone else worried about our high line and balls over the top for aubameyang? That'll be their plan cos he will run in behind - that's why we need aurier and Sanchez playing for their pace imo and maybe Toby too cos there's nobody better at reading the game. All that along with Hugo the sweeper keeper and we'll be fine
Yep 3 at the back for me too, the extra man is extra cover and an extra option to play out. Sanchez in the middle as the sweeper (yeah I said sweeper) to track Aubameyang's runs.

Ok so I'll stick my neck out and say Poch will play this side...

Lloris
Sanchez Toby Jan
Tripper Davies
Dier
Dembele Ali
Eriksen

Kane

Subs: Vorm, Aurier, Wanyama, Lamela, Moura, Son, llorente.

The diamond in the middle will win the midfield battle easily and our formation is really flexible with plenty of continuity anyway. Our full backs can push right on and keep Montreal and ballerina pinned back too.

It's harsh on Son but after about 70mins I think he'll come on with moura or Lamela for legs depending. Our bench is so strong I cant fit in rose, winks or sissoko.

I cant fudging sleep thinking of team selection, formation, what if this, what if that arrggghh

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I would like to see 3 at the back, but I reckon Poch will rest Toby, go more attacking and we'll see:

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Verts Davies
Dier Dembele
Alli Eriksen Son
Kane

Either way I have faith Poch will get it right and if he doesn't, he'll rectify accordingly.

Still so nervous. COYS!

I'd like...

----------------Lloris--------------
----Toby-----Sanchez---Vertonghen----
---------Wanyama-----Dembele------
Moura------Dele-----Eriksen---Son
---------------Kane---------------

Bench: Dogs dangly bits.

I loved typing that :)

Last edited:
I'd like to see

-------------------Hugo----------------------

Tripps-----Sanchez----Verts--------Davies

---------------Dele----Dembele-------------

-----Moura-------Eriksen--------------Son----

------------------Kane
Really go at them.

But think poch will play 3 at the back he seems to prefer that.

When I was just a little boy
My mother gave me a little toy
An Arsenal fan on a string
She told me to kick it's fudging head in
fudging head in, fudging head in
She told me to kick it's fudging head in

This is a must-win match for us as Arsenal are our direct rivals for a top 4 place. It is not going to be easy as our North London derbies against Arsenal are always tight. Current form means nothing as they will be fired up for this. We need to make sure we step up our game as well. We have a good record against Arsenal in the league at home, winning 5, drawing 3 and losing 1 of our last 9 matches against them. But Arsenal do have a good record at Wembley. We need to make use of our home advantage to overcome them and move closer to top 4 places.

Kane will be our key player in this match. Kane has a good record in London derbies and has scored 6 goals against Arsenal. We need him to be at his goal scoring best and continue his goal scoring run against Arsenal. After all, we only play well when Kane plays well and scores for us. Arsenal will try to mark Kane tighly. So, we need our other attacking players like Eriksen, Son and Alli step up and get us a goal or two as well. Wish we can start Lamela as his work rate, tenacity and creativity will be very useful against Arsenal. Lamela should at least come on earlier in the second half as needed.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We need to control the midfield to stop Arsenal having too much possession. It is good that all our midfield players are back from injury. We should start Dembele and Wanyama as they are our best midfield partnership. Somehow, I feel Moura should not start this match. London derby against Arsenal will put any new players under too much pressure. He can come on late in the match if needed.

Our defence are going to be busy in this match as Arsenal are boosted by their new attacking players. It will really lift us if Alderweireld returns from injury to partner Vertonghen in defence. A bit worried about Sanchez as he has been making too many mistakes in recent matches. Hope Alderweireld can guide him to avoid any of these errors. We also need Llors to be at his best to stop Arsenal. We did well to stop Arsenal from scoring last season when we won 2-0. It will help us greatly if we can keep the clean sheet again in this match.

This is going to be another tense match against Arsenal. We have no choice but to beat Arsenal to stay in the top 4 race. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Arsenal and move closer to top 4 places.

The fact that Son played on Wednesday makes me suspect that Poch may go for:

----------------------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------------------------------

---------------Toby----------------------Sanchez--------------------------Verts-----------------------------

Tripper------------------Dier------------------------------Dembele----------------------------------Davis

----------------Eriksen--------------------------------------------------------Alli------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------Kane------------------------------------------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Aurier, Rose, Wanyama, Son, Moura, Llorente

Everybody dance now!

I think this is the first time this season that we have all our best players available. We need to make use of all that to get a much needed win in this match. We need to get an early goal, especially from Kane, to help us settle our nerves and then go for another goal or two to kill the game off. Let's hope we will be at our best to beat Arsenal and improve our chances to finish in top 4 places.

Back