• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs ManMour***

Surely, this is a must win match for us. We need to beat all our top 4 rivals at home if want to have any chance of finishing in top 4. ManU are the team who have affected us the most on and off the field during the PL era. It is good that we have improved our record against them in recent years. We are unbeaten against ManU at home for the last 5 years, winning 2 and drawing 3 of those matches. Let's hope we will continue our good record to beat ManU and move closer to top 4.

No doubt Kane will be our key player in this match. Kane scored his first ever goal against ManU when we beat them 2-1 at home last season. We need him to score in this match if we want to win. After all, we only play well when Kane plays well. Besides Kane, we also need others like Eriksen, Alli and Son to step up their game and get a goal or two. I am convinced we need at least 2 goals to win this match. Wish Lamela will be fully fit to start this match. His work rate and creativity will be very useful against ManU. Remember, Lamela scored 1 goal and assisted 1 goal when we beat ManU 3-0 at home 2 years ago. Wish Lamela can inspire us like that in this match.

This match will be won or lost in midfield. We need to control the midfield if we want to win this match. A bit worried about Wanyama and Dembele as they are still trying to get back their best form after returning from injuries. Not sure if we should start Dier as he makes too many mistakes. Sissoko has been poor in recent matches but he tends to step up against big teams like ManU.

Our defence need to be at their best to stop ManU. Wish Alderweireld is back for this match. Without him, our defence have become too error-prone. Lloris, Vertonghen and Sanchez need to avoid making any errors in defence. We should not give away any freekicks near our goal. It will help us greatly if we can keep the clean sheet in this match.

This is going to be a tense match as both teams need wins. Since we have a poor record against our rivals away, we should be making use of our home advantage to get the maximum points at home. Remember, we are winless in our last 2 matches. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get back to winning form by beating ManU.

Everybody dance now!

Boom shaka laka all our best players fully fit for this match. We are going to need all the help we can get in this match. We need an early goal to help settle our nerves and then need another goal to kill the game off. Let's hope we will do just enough to beat ManU and move closer to top 4 in the league.

Our general fitness levels against theirs is my main concern. Look at where the key battles will be - Matic & Pogba against Wanyama & Dembele?? Neither of ours look at full fitness. No Toby, no Aurier and Rose against the pace of Martial, Young, Rashford and Sanchez? (Tripps was awful against them earlier at OT). Lukaku potentially up against DSanch where i think he may be outmuscled.

Eriksen potentially still ill with flu. Same for Lamela. We don't appear to have put a full strength 11 out for some time now and against these kinds of teams it will show big time. If they can stifle Kane they'll stifle us all over i think. Jose knows how to turn a big game into a bore-fest, and i think he'll know full well how to get their noses in front then park the bus for long periods, looking to counter as we tire with fresh legs of Rashford.

Think we'll struggle

Our general fitness levels against theirs is my main concern. Look at where the key battles will be - Matic & Pogba against Wanyama & Dembele?? Neither of ours look at full fitness. No Toby, no Aurier and Rose against the pace of Martial, Young, Rashford and Sanchez? (Tripps was awful against them earlier at OT). Lukaku potentially up against DSanch where i think he may be outmuscled.

Eriksen potentially still ill with flu. Same for Lamela. We don't appear to have put a full strength 11 out for some time now and against these kinds of teams it will show big time. If they can stifle Kane they'll stifle us all over i think. Jose knows how to turn a big game into a bore-fest, and i think he'll know full well how to get their noses in front then park the bus for long periods, looking to counter as we tire with fresh legs of Rashford.

Think we'll struggle

Was in a good mood for the game before reading this

Think we'll struggle
Jeez, cheer up mate.

I agree Bore-inho will sit back and bore us to tears and then pounce with pace.

The question is, will we play into their hands and just pass sideways with 4 cloggers in midfield again, whilst Smalling and Jones literally sit on Kane's shoulders?

i think there will be goals goals goals tonight. Cannot remember a 0-0 in recent history although whilst typing there may have been one at the lane in the last 5 years. They like Wembley, they will score. We like Wembley, we will score. I've put this in my accy for both teams to score so I am going for a 0-0.

Was in a good mood for the game before reading this

Haha, should I take from that there is some actual justification in my view that's worried you...or was it just all negative fluff to you!?

Jeez, cheer up mate.

The question is, will we play into their hands and just pass sideways with 4 cloggers in midfield again, whilst Smalling and Jones literally sit on Kane's shoulders?

That is a definite possibility I fear! Time for Poch to show some real tactical nous over Mourinho, no mean feat i appreciate.

Jeez, cheer up mate.

This is 100% going to happen. These goons will foul the fudge out of Kane all match and get away with it. Kane will manfully stand up to the punishment but ultimately get no reward for it. Maybe he should channel his inner Costa

Well for those interested in cashing in on the pessimism, United were 12/5 on 365 yesterday. As was the draw. Might help to soften the blow if this feels genuinely inevitable to you. ;o)

Let's use our heads with regards to team selection lads.

Toby won't start today, it's too much of a risk in too big a game to bring him back into the starting line-up, especially against Lukaku. He's not match fit so will probably be eased in against newport.

Dembele is rotated often due to knee issues and struggles to play too many games in a row so will probably start on the bench, especially after putting a shift in on that soggy Newport pitch.

Wanyama played the full 90 at Newport and will be ready to start today - the man is a beast.

Too early for Moura - he'll be introduced and will be at Wembley to inspire our players but nowhere near the match squad.

Sissoko can fudge off, I want him as far away from the starting 11 as possible. I will be fuming if he starts today. He's deadwood now as car as I'm concerned.

Eriksen and lloris are both recovered and ready to start. If Dier is fit, he starts...end of. Rose doesn't deserve to start ahead of Davies even if he's fit.

So logically it should be a 4-2-3-1 with Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Jan, Davies (back 4), Dier, Wanyama (DM's), Son, Ali, Eriksen, Kane.

Subs: Vorm, Tripper, Toby, Dembele, Sissoko, Lamela, Llorente.

I'm more than happy with that team and a strong bench. Our squad is now superb with so many options and selection headaches when everyone is fit.

We need a good start today, it'll set the tone for the rest of the game cos Jose is coming for a draw I reckon. Let's smash them up! Stop Pogba and we stop the supply to Sanchez and then Lukaku.

MASSIVE GAME! COYMFS

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sissoko is blatantly going to start
Surely not, he offers nothing apart from pace... literally. Now that wanyama is fit and we have Moura, I don't expect to see Sissoko for a while woohoo.

To the tune of ‘That’s Amore’ -

[emoji444] He jumped on a plane to assist Harry Kane, Lucas Mourrraaaa

He left PSG just to play with Alli,
Lucas Mouuurrraaaa. [emoji444]

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back