• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs ManMour***

Does it not seem completely bizarre he had no support? He went off the pitch and down the tunnel alone.
I think maybe you are reading too much into it. Mourinho's post match comments on him were very supportive. More likely it was simply Fellaini's frustration at getting injured so quickly that was really getting to him.

I think maybe you are reading too much into it. Mourinho's post match comments on him were very supportive. More likely it was simply Fellaini's frustration at getting injured so quickly that was really getting to him.

Feilani was injured, but because he was frustrated nobody from the medical team went to his aid?

I didnt see the post match stuff, only as it happened - there was no sign of injury at all.

There were plenty of signs of Jose (and Utd) losing it.

Im not reading into anything, just saying as it appeared.

Feilani was injured, but because he was frustrated nobody from the medical team went to his aid?

I didnt see the post match stuff, only as it happened - there was no sign of injury at all.

There were plenty of signs of Jose (and Utd) losing it.

Im not reading into anything, just saying as it appeared.
So why question why the trainers did not go to him? Like I said, unless Fellaini was feigning it (why would he?) he was clearly struggling and needed to come off. As to why none of the trainers went to him I could not say. Just to repeat, Mourinho was unequivocally supportive in his post-match comments.

Nothing to see here imo.

Well that was a most excellent night at Wembley, especially after having to listen to gobby ManYoo fans telling me all week how Sanchez would tear apart "Harry Kane FC" :rolleyes:

So, even though it was a tad frustrating that we didn't turn our utter dominance of the 2nd half into a more humiliating scoreline, I was kinda pleased that we secured the win without needing a goal from Kane!

And after 2 decades of being cannon fodder for Fergie, it made such a refreshing change to see the ManU players' heads drop once that 2nd goal went in :cool:

Even their away section gave up hope long before the final whistle and decided to begin their schlep back... to London and Home Counties :oops:

View attachment 4079

Doesn’t look too far from where I sit (CW 231)

Post match Mourinho says whatever he thinks serves him best, its proof of nothing.

He didnt look like he was struggling to me at all, it looked very much like Mourinho being a clam and throwing a tantrum.

He was desperate, and was losing it all game (like his team).

The commentary at the time said as much, no mention of injury - their take was that he wasnt following a specific instruction.

Again, not proof of anything but just as much an opposing view.

I think the real fly in the ointment is no medical support for him. When was the last time a player went off injured without even getting looked at?

Im not sure we'll ever really know what happened, but it looks fishy to me.

Post match Mourinho says whatever he thinks serves him best, its proof of nothing.

He didnt look like he was struggling to me at all, it looked very much like Mourinho being a clam and throwing a tantrum.

The commentary at the time said as much, no mention of injury - their take was that he wasnt following a specific instruction.

I think the real fly in the ointment is no medical support for him. When was the last time a player went off injured without even getting looked at?

I noticed as soon as Fellaini came on that he wasn't closing down, wasn't chasing, generally wasn't being his usual clamy self.

If it was an injury then he knew he was injured when he came on. Looked more to me like a bad case of cantbefudgeditis.

I've seen mentioned elsewhere that Fellaini took a knock pretty much straight after coming on and seemed to struggle afterwards. Didn't really pay any attention to him myself.

Apart from the first 10,5 seconds, I thought we looked a bit off the pace for the first 20-ish minutes. Gave Yanited a lot of space, and I felt we were going to get punished. Thankfully we managed to keep tighter at the back, and exploit all the room their midfielders left as the match went on. After 2-0 it was all straight cruising, really. Great performance by us, extremely toothless by Yanited. We could've easily scored another 2-3 goals.

Our great form at Wembley continues. If we can win vs Newport and Millwall/Rochdale, which we obviously should, we should be heading into another semi-final on practically our home turf. City are amazing this season, but I reckon we stand a good chance in the FA Cup if we can produce performances like we did last night at Wembley.

Felt about 10 foot tall walking home last night and bounced into work today. It’s days like this that I realise why I love football and this club. Poch has made my week and mood a whole lot better.

Hopefully it is still the same after Sunday. Last night means a draw wont be bad

Doesn’t look too far from where I sit (CW 231)
I’m 3 blocks to your right. Was nice to see the place full of ST holders last night for a change, rather than day trippers like over Christmas, which helped make for a good rowdy atmosphere. Lots of chanting on the walk down to the station too, Wembley finally starting to feel like home.

Our great form at Wembley continues. If we can win vs Newport and Millwall/Rochdale, which we obviously should, we should be heading into another semi-final on practically our home turf. City are amazing this season, but I reckon we stand a good chance in the FA Cup if we can produce performances like we did last night at Wembley.

Think we might just have to beat someone else before we hit the semis;)

What really surprised me was how much space we had in midfield. The reason Eriksen was great tonight was because he had very little pressure to deal with. Very uncharacteristic of a macaronhio team. I don't think we made them look bad as much as that they actually were bad. Goes back to what I was saying that their position in the table is way too flattering. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop out of the top 4 by the end of the season. They've got 4 of the rest of the top 6 left to play (granted, 3 of them at home), so not an easy task to finish in top 4.

Pogba was rogue. It was great. Lack of shape and Mourinho still plays him there. And Dembele had him too. We play well against sides who play football because we are a great footballing side. The anti-football teams are always harder for us because they sit (as we know, I know!) but we are learning how to handle those games too. I think top 4 is well on. For me, Chelski are very vulnerable. I cannot see Utd failing simply because Mourinho won’t let it happen...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I noticed as soon as Fellaini came on that he wasn't closing down, wasn't chasing, generally wasn't being his usual clamy self.

If it was an injury then he knew he was injured when he came on. Looked more to me like a bad case of cantbefudgeditis.
Just watched the post match clip again.

It shows Fellaini attempting to tackle Eriksen from behind. This would have been within a minute or two of him coming on. He manages to get something on the ball but Eriksen then picks up the loose ball. Immediately after that Fellaini starts half-hobbling and reaches down to his left knee. From that point on his mobility seems to be impaired. He goes on to make several half-hearted attempts at tackling /winning the ball without once making contact so it's clear he needs to come off.

Whether this was all because he did not want to be on the pitch in the first place is another matter, either way Mourinho needed to get him off the pitch pronto. His team were already struggling enough (whahey!) so there was no way he could afford passengers. He had already prepared Rashford but had to send for Herrera instead.

Of course the injury could all have been a charade on the part by Fellaini because he just did not want to be there but as he comes off Mourinho gives him what seems like a genuinely sympathetic arm around the shoulder and says something to him, maybe sanctioning him to go straight to the dressing room, who knows.

Meantime conspiracy theorists will no doubt have a field day.:D

Last edited:
Our great form at Wembley continues. If we can win vs Newport and Millwall/Rochdale, which we obviously should, we should be heading into another semi-final on practically our home turf. City are amazing this season, but I reckon we stand a good chance in the FA Cup if we can produce performances like we did last night at Wembley.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, but if we get through the next 2 ties, we are only in the Last 8, and I would still rather than get drawn away again

Just watched the post match clip again.

It shows Fellaini attempting to tackle Eriksen from behind. This would have been within a minute or two of him coming on. He manages to get something on the ball but Eriksen then picks up the loose ball. Immediately after that Fellaini starts half-hobbling and reaches down to his left knee. From that point on his mobility seems to be impaired. He goes on to make several half-hearted attempts at tackling /winning the ball from that point on without once making contact so it's clear he needs to come off.

Whether this was all because he did not want to be on the pitch in the first place is another matter, either way Mourinho needed to get him off the pitch pronto. His team were already struggling enough (whahey!) so there was no way he could afford passengers. He had already prepared Rashford but had to send for Herrera instead.

Of course the injury could all have been a charade on the part by Fellaini because he just did not want to be there but as he comes off Mourinho gives him what seems like a genuinely sympathetic arm around the shoulder and says something to him, maybe sanctioning him to go straight to the dressing room, who knows.

Meantime conspiracy theorists will no doubt have a field day.:D
That makes sense if it happened straight away. I remember watching him not closing down and thinking what a clam he was - 1 minute on the pitch and he wan't doing any work.

Back