• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

Can’t believe some of the optimism on here. If nothing else guarantees that we lose it’s the fact that Sky will be banging on about us going above City if we win, thus making it a big game, thus ensuring that we will lose even if we are 5-0 up with three minutes of injury time played.

At least I can console myself by drinking bucket loads of Tropical lager in the beachside sports bar I scouted for the game today.

Can’t believe some of the optimism on here. If nothing else guarantees that we lose it’s the fact that Sky will be banging on about us going above City if we win, thus making it a big game, thus ensuring that we will lose even if we are 5-0 up with three minutes of injury time played.

At least I can console myself by drinking bucket loads of Tropical lager in the beachside sports bar I scouted for the game today.

But we can’t go top which is normally the Achilles heel

I have a deep feeling that we will use this as a way to shut some people up. Nothing makes Poch manage better than a bot of siege mentality, and right now he has all the ammunition he needs to set us up in such a fashion. It has been challenging, and it has not been easy, but the way people are writing us off tinkles me off, so imagine how he must feel. We have yet to field a fully fit first choice 11 this season yet still sit within comfortable touching distance of the top. Yeah. I think we can (and will) do them.

Gonna be tough. I saw the Son equaliser (or was it winner?) on Spurs Instagram at City last night and the build up play was awesome. It was quick and Eriksen looks quick. Now it looks like we play slower and not as fast, I just wish we could play like Spurs of 2016/17 when we destroyed some teams.

Have faith guys, with 'home' advantage and a fairly fit squad we can certainly win this, IF we perform to our potential. That means Kane being sharp, Alli and Eriksen playing with confidence, our central midfield (Dier and Winks) on top of Fernandinho +? and our shaky defence remembering they were good not long ago;

--------------Lloris--------------

Trippier Toby Sanchez Davies

-------Winks--------Dier--------

----Moura--Eriksen--Lamela--

--------------Kane--------------

Spurs 2 - 1 City

Gonna be tough. I saw the Son equaliser (or was it winner?) on Spurs Instagram at City last night and the build up play was awesome. It was quick and Eriksen looks quick. Now it looks like we play slower and not as fast, I just wish we could play like Spurs of 2016/17 when we destroyed some teams.

Yeah we used to beat the bigger teams by playing with a crazy high tempo (pressing & passing). Hopefully a fit Eriksen and return of Dele will help us return to this style for the rest of the year.

I'm strangely optimistic though, we usually perform better after a bad result, it's after winning a few we start thinking we're better than we are.

COYS!

Really hate the late night matches. It seems there are too many of our matches coming late at night this season. 8 of our next 11 matches comes late at night (8pm UK/4am Asia). 3 of them are CL and 1 is the League Cup matches. Can understand and accept the Cup matches but not the league matches. How are they going to attract viewers outside UK, especially Asia, when most of the matches comes at an inconvenient time of around 4am ?

After the disappointing draw with PSV in the CL, we badly need a win to lift our morale. But it won't be easy against ManCity who are in great form now. We lost badly at home and away to ManCity last season. We need to get revenge for those defeats. We need to lift our performance and play at our best quality if we want to beat them this time. ManCity won't make it easy for us. So we need all the players to play at their best capability to help us win this match.

Kane has not been in great form this season despite scoring 5 league goals. It seems like he can only score through headers and penalties now. Hope Kane can get back his goal scoring boot in this match and help us win. I think Lamela will be our key player against ManCity. We have only won 3 times in the last 5 years against ManCity, and 2 of those wins were inspired by Lamela. Remember, Lamela scored 1 and assisted 1 when we beat ManCity 4-1 at home in 2016 and he came on to assist the goal for Eriksen when we beat them 2-1 away in 2017. So we have to rely on Lamela to lift us against ManCity. Lamela have been in great form this season. Hope he will inspire us against ManCity by scoring or assisting a goal or two in this match. Eriksen have scored home and away against ManCity last season. It will help us greatly if Eriksen can continue his goal scoring run against Mancity.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We need to control the midfield to have any chance of winning this match. Our midfield have been inconsistent so far this season. Want to see Dembele and Wanyama start and have their best game against ManCity. If Wanyama is still not fully fit, then hope Dier can start and have an error-free match. Somehow feel Sissoko can play a big part in this match. Sissoko tends to lift his game against big teams. So maybe Sissoko can come on and help us stop ManCity later in the match.

Our defence have not been in good form this season. We are conceding too many soft goals this season. We are not helped by Vertonghen being out injured. It is going to be tough against the ManCity attacks. Let's hope Lloris, Alderweireld and Sanchez will be at their best to stop ManCity. We need to avoid making silly errors or giving away soft freekicks near our goal. More importantly, we need to be alert of those long range shots which our opponents tends to make against us nowadays. ManCity do have played who can score long range goals. So, we need all our defenders to tackle any of those long range shots.

This will be a big test of our mental strength and squad quality against ManCity. It is going to be a tense match. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and try to kill the game of by getting another goal or two. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to put up a good performance and beat Mancity.

Last edited:
Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players available against ManCity. It will help us greatly if Alli is back for this match. But we also badly need Vertonghen back in our defence. It is going to be really tough for us against ManCity. Let's hope we will do enough to beat ManCity.

I have to say i'm astounded (and intrigued) as to how many posters are so optimistic that we'll win tonight (or at least get anything other than a thorough pumping).

To those who have such a view, can you give a tactIcal breakdown of how we could beat City tonight?
I simply cannot see it...

I have to say i'm astounded (and intrigued) as to how many posters are so optimistic that we'll win tonight (or at least get anything other than a thorough pumping).

To those who have such a view, can you give a tactIcal breakdown of how we could beat City tonight?
I simply cannot see it...
Sissoko.

Back