• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Dycheball***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Burnley is a tough game. Definitely need to be very switched on here and I fear the upcoming fixtures with Arsenal and Chelsea also had an impact. Also it’s fair to suggest that we’ve never really been far away from these results all season with the number of big chances we concede. It’s disappointing, but probably a reality check of where we are right now again, where realistically we are not quite contenders.

The cycle for this side is almost complete you feel and it’s time to start thinking about how we move on and upgrade key areas once again. Good news is I feel pochettino will build us up again to be even better than the last few seasons

COYS

...yet still pundits see fit to question our final step and waffle on about how Fergie's teams kn ew how to win these games. Of course, Ferris's teams had to learn it over a similar stretch of time to the one we're on, and if that comparison metric were to hold true, then we'd be looking at NEXT season as the season we push on like no other...even though this season has already been (by anyone's definition) INSANE levels of pushing on.

I like the Fergie comparison but I think we’re a bit further away than you’d like to believe Steff. We still have some mental block of winning games when we have a chance to go top or put pressure on teams at the top when we have an early Saturday game. I honestly don’t think it’s a coincidence or tiredness as others have mentioned. Whether it’s a belief thing or mentality I don’t know.

I think the best comparison would be arsenal 10 years ago, play nice football and always threaten to win trophies but ultimately fall short at the last or second to last hurdle.

I always believe us and Liverpool are at a similar stage in terms of development whereas Liverpool are slightly ahead as a result of timely spending in the right areas. If we don’t upgrade in the CM and RB positions I think we’ll be exactly the same next season. Poch needs some money to spend.

All this bottling talk etc is pundit hot air.
Winning breeds winning is something that comes with experience.
We must remember we are overachieving to such an extent we tend to forget.

We lost a football match against a very good inform team

When is the lack of experience excuse going to get old? We have players that have regularly played in the champions league, they have played in world cups and the core of the team have been together for 3 or 4 seasons. Experience is no longer an excuse and it clearly comes down to mentality.

When is the lack of experience excuse going to get old? We have players that have regularly played in the champions league, they have played in world cups and the core of the team have been together for 3 or 4 seasons. Experience is no longer an excuse and it clearly comes down to meteorology.

sadly we lost. suck it up and get over it.

How much experience is enough?

When is the lack of experience excuse going to get old? We have players that have regularly played in the champions league, they have played in world cups and the core of the team have been together for 3 or 4 seasons. Experience is no longer an excuse and it clearly comes down to meteorology.
Who is blaming a lack of experience.

I think we are behind two better teams in the league, on quality, not because of a lack of experience.

To be third in this season, and through a tough CL group, and reading a domestic cup semi final, with the stadium issues, injury problems, players coming back late from the world cup and not spending money for years due to a smaller budget than the other top six clubs is a very good achievement. I would definitely have taken our current position at the start of the season if offered it, I most certainly would have taken it five years ago.

Thought we got worse after Winks came off. Not sure why he was subbed, can only hope it was a precaution because of the fixtures coming up.

Bardsley not getting sent off was laughable. But can't blame the ref, we weren't quite good enough overall.

Back