• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Manure vs Mighty Spurs

Should've had a penalty. That's about it for us. Happy with 0-0 at the break, but we need to do something or we will lose this game.

We're done okay. Angry we didn't get a pen or take our chances. I actually think we've had the better chances. Bar Rose's back pass they haven't had clear chances.

The opening at the end of the half for us sums us up. Space, but just unable to beat their defending, with clear movement, passing and finishing.

The ref is tinkling me off, giving absolutely everything their way and only to us what he has to. I sense the players tinkled off with it too - Dier in particular.

Joses revolutionary 3-6-1 is doing a great job of nullifying our play, but I dont feel poses significant threat. Their best chance (and its shocking Lukaku didnt bury it) came from a suicide ball from the appalling Rose.

Kane and Moura pushed up the pitch is causing them trouble though and Id like to see a few more long balls from us with Alli in support.

Should've had a penalty. That's about it for us. Happy with 0-0 at the break, but we need to do something or we will lose this game.

I think we had more than that. Eriksen, Alli, Moura all getting into the box and could have scored. Morua should have had a pen.

We should have been in the refs ear about it.

HT 0-0. Lucky to be level. Too many of our team off the pace. Rose, Eriksen Kane especially. Lucas shows what can be achieved if we run at them. Shame no Lamela or Son on the bench. They would have been ideal subs to bring on. Must improve 2nd half if we wasn’t anything out of this game. Maybe a change of formation? Trippier hasn’t got forward at all.

So slow in the final third and making the wrong choices. Need to be more positive and quicken it up.

Rose, erisken and kane have been poor. Kane improved as the half went on.

We have been very poor with our passing, but we are getting into some good positions. Not had too much trouble from them with their attack apart from Rose's brainfart.

Dier is not far from being dropped imo, he doesn't bring enough to the team. I think Poch will give him a kick up the ar5e.

If Eriksen was in form, I think we'd be winnign this game, but he is not playing well at all right now.

On the plus side, it's 0-0 and if we can up our performance level, the game is there to be won.

Not sure the system can be blamed for all the individual errors, but we do need to find a way to get more of the ball and hold the bloody thing
We are too narrow in midfield. They can switch play easily from side to side and have acres of space. A 4-2-3-1 would cover more ground in midfield. We also struggled to find each other in possession early on, but that got a bit better late on. We've had some golden opportunities though, that we really should have taken advantage of. They look shaky at the back, but we're not gonna get too many of those chances.

The referee is a joke. It was stonewall penalty and he's giving them everything everywhere else on the pitch too, Howard Webb mark II it seems.

Kane hasn't been that bad, UTD normally have him well under control to be fair.

Dele is the only Spurs player out there who looks on it, which has been the story of the season so far.

I think his control is letting him down, and with 2 on him at all times he needs it to be on point.

Dele is bloody brilliant for me, even on days like today where we are contending with a spoiling game plan.

We've looked half asleep during most of that. Wasted the few chances we've been presented with lamentably. I hate watching us when we're in this mood. First goal for them only a matter of time.

The ref is tinkling me off, giving absolutely everything their way and only to us what he has to. I sense the players tinkled off with it too - Dier in particular.

Joses revolutionary 3-6-1 is doing a great job of nullifying our play, but I dont feel poses significant threat. Their best chance (and its shocking Lukaku didnt bury it) came from a suicide ball from the appalling Rose.

Kane and Moura pushed up the pitch is causing them trouble though and Id like to see a few more long balls from us with Alli in support.
Ref is allowing Jones to throw Kane all over the place and pull his shirt. There's no way we could make the ball stick unless the ref grows a pair or gives Jose his money back.

That’s a 5.5 out of 10 for 1st half yet we are still 0-0 although by he skin of our teeth.
Moura done well, Dele’s execution has been brick but he’s making good runs from diagonals. Eriksen has been hiding. Harry still looks leggy as fck.
Let’s turn up and smash em 2nd half.

At this rate that would be no loss at all.

Can we sub him off twice?

I agree that he has no place in the team on this form. The question is whether Poch thinks he has a future at the club and if he does, how do we help him recover his form?

Upside is that its 0-0. I'd like to see us go more 4-2-3-1 in the second half and try Moura on Herrera's side for a while.

I never expect us to get anything at OT so a 0-0 is a point gained in my view

Open game, Moura and Alli can stretch them but Kane is dropping deep where he is ineffective as even if he takes a good first touch he can’t burst away. Eriksen is still on the beach, how he can rediscover his mojo as he sees things before everyone else. Rose looks rusty, big game to reintroduce him in. Conversely Shaw and Lindgaard look good for them and Lukaku’s miss was a big let off. As we know Kane and Eriksen won’t be subbed we need to step up as a unit, ideally with more controlled possession which will give Kane a chance to get on the centre backs shoulder.

Maybe I’m being knee jerk, but I often feel like Eriksen underperforms in the big games, or maybe it’s specifically when the opposition presses. He can be a great passer, but seems to struggle to keep the ball under pressure. Fair, or just me?

I agree that he has no place in the team on this form. The question is whether Poch thinks he has a future at the club and if he does, how do we help him recover his form?

Its a massive statement to give him the start today, especially as (so far as Im aware) theres no good reason for Davies to not be playing.

Rose has so far shat all over that, shamefully bad.

Back