• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oh Soldado...

I still hope it works out for him, but wonder if The Yips will come to be re-named in his 'honour'

I wonder...did we do this to him?

of course we did,we have a long and storied history of breaking players

(also, I watched the vine, his second attempt clearly hits the hoarding and bounces back into the stand where the fans are, so he only missed once)

of course we did,we have a long and storied history of breaking players

(also, I watched the vine, his second attempt clearly hits the hoarding and bounces back into the stand where the fans are, so he only missed once)

Would it have gone different at another Premier League team? I doubt it. I honestly don't think he was suited to this league. He was unfortunate to join at a time when we had a manager who didn't like to attack, a team of new faces with different languages, from different leagues who'd never played together and not having the greatest service in the world to begin with... But I think anyone who would have got better out of him would only have him getting a few more goals a season.

I can't see any chance of him finding form again. Two off seasons for a striker can damage cofnidence enough without it being the two woefully off seasons he's had. He's not getting any younger either. I think for the rest of his career he'll have to settle for missing 8/10 tap ins and scoring the occasional penalty.

Would it have gone different at another Premier League team? I doubt it. I honestly don't think he was suited to this league. He was unfortunate to join at a time when we had a manager who didn't like to attack, a team of new faces with different languages, from different leagues who'd never played together and not having the greatest service in the world to begin with... But I think anyone who would have got better out of him would only have him getting a few more goals a season.

I can't see any chance of him finding form again. Two off seasons for a striker can damage cofnidence enough without it being the two woefully off seasons he's had. He's not getting any younger either. I think for the rest of his career he'll have to settle for missing 8/10 tap ins and scoring the occasional penalty.

Lets see, the pressure is off now, he's always gotten into the right positions (which is actually the hard thing to do) ..

I wouldn't be surprised to see a decent return from him in Spain this season

He scored but no one in the pl ever gets that much space.There wasn't an opposition player around him for about 20 yards but good luck to him.He didn't suddenly become a world beater

He scored but no one in the pl ever gets that much space.There wasn't an opposition player around him for about 20 yards but good luck to him.He didn't suddenly become a world beater

Fernando Torres and Cazorla think there are more spaces in the premier league.

The strange thing is, when he did have opportunities like that with the space allowed he always dragged the shot. I'm hoping his confidence has returned and he'll go on and score a ton.

The strange thing is, when he did have opportunities like that with the space allowed he always dragged the shot. I'm hoping his confidence has returned and he'll go on and score a ton.

This. It's not like he never had similar opportunities with us, he just rarely took his chances. Now watch him go on the goalscoring spree we were all waiting for.

This. It's not like he never had similar opportunities with us, he just rarely took his chances. Now watch him go on the goalscoring spree we were all waiting for.

That may be, but not frequent enough and because of the management of him, obviously he felt under pressure to snatch at those chances.

I wish Bobby well, but if he goes on and scores 15+ this season, I hope the club does a review of what happened and not just write it off as .. oh well, a player not suited to the PL. We need to do a better job at helping players succeed.

Back