• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I really enjoyed Mr Robot

I'm obviously many years late to the party but I've just started watching Sons of Anarchy and after a slow start it's great

I really enjoyed Mr Robot

I'm obviously many years late to the party but I've just started watching Sons of Anarchy and after a slow start it's great

Sons of Anarchy is good but does drag a little in places, some good characters though and well worth watching. I found it hard to understand their accents a lot of the time so had the subtitles on for some episodes.

Sons of Anarchy is good but does drag a little in places, some good characters though and well worth watching. I found it hard to understand their accents a lot of the time so had the subtitles on for some episodes.

I did just start skipping bits/characters.

I gave up on Peaky Blinders when series 3 was on recently. Became a bit of a chore.

Been getting into The Killing on Netflix, the Danish original. Really hooked now.

Got Band of Brothers boxset for after that, and I've heard good things about Mr Robot. Anyone seen it?
If you haven't seen band of brothers before you are in for a treat.

If you like Sons of Anarchy, you should definitely watch The Shield. The Shield is much better imo -- set in the same 'universe' as Sons of Anarchy (though The Shield was done before Sons of Anarchy came out).

*edit - and I really liked Sons of Anarchy (bar one of the middle series which was a bit sh1te).

If you like Sons of Anarchy, you should definitely watch The Shield. The Shield is much better imo -- set in the same 'universe' as Sons of Anarchy (though The Shield was done before Sons of Anarchy came out).

*edit - and I really liked Sons of Anarchy (bar one of the middle series which was a bit sh1te).

I have not watched The Shield yet, i have just finished the The Wire ( started off great but it tailed off the last couple of series imo).

I have not watched The Shield yet, i have just finished the The Wire ( started off great but it tailed off the last couple of series imo).

When it came out it was different!
Now it has been copied so much and badly it losses its impact.
Liked The Shield but once again went on too long.
I think too many good TV series go on too long. 3 series is max IMHO, even Game of Thrones has to be careful.....less is more in so many cases.

When it came out it was different!
Now it has been copied so much and badly it losses its impact.
Liked The Shield but once again went on too long.
I think too many good TV series go on too long. 3 series is max IMHO, even Game of Thrones has to be careful.....less is more in so many cases.

A good point, the funnyist thing i have seen on the box was Fawlty Towers and that was perfect over the 12 episodes only.

For me, The Wire is the greatest television show of all-time. The Shield is superb, and I'd definitely rate it slightly higher than SoA.

Stranger Things is excellent. Can't wait for season 2.

Couldn't stand Mr robot personally. But never gave it a proper chance.

Sons of Anarchy was great for three seasons or so. It all became quite rehashed after the ireland-affair.

The Shield is on my watch list - been recommended it many times, just haven't watched it yet.

Glad to see this thread back on track! :)

I am guessing most of you have watched Deadwood? Possibly my favourite ever TV series (I am biased towards The Sopranos though, because it was the first TV show I ever really got into).

Back