• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Been watching Love on Netflix,comedy series,very good...based on a character who looks a bit like Woody Allen-esque,its based on his love life and his mates,you would be surprised he does get a bit action though,quite lot actually.

new thing on Sky Atlantic tonight called a game of thrones, it's very well made but it does feel like we've been dropped in the deep end a bit, maybe it's a second series or there was a pilot last week which I missed?

I think it's going to be quite a hit

new thing on Sky Atlantic tonight called a game of thrones, it's very well made but it does feel like we've been dropped in the deep end a bit, maybe it's a second series or there was a pilot last week which I missed?

game of thrones, sounds like a combination of a game show and a home make over show. I hate both so probably why I've missed it.
Might give it go though, if it's only one episode I've missed should be able to pick up the thread.

not a fan of game shows...very 70s..:)

Anyone else think Game of Thrones is becoming massively overrated? There's been a handful of fantastic episodes (mainly due to shocking deaths), but there are so many separate storylines that everything moves at a snail's pace. And lots of the characters aren't particularly engaging, likewise with the acting. I wish it was a bit more focused.

Anyone else think Game of Thrones is becoming massively overrated? There's been a handful of fantastic episodes (mainly due to shocking deaths), but there are so many separate storylines that everything moves at a snail's pace. And lots of the characters aren't particularly engaging, likewise with the acting. I wish it was a bit more focused.
I'm beginning to think this. Watched the new episode and realised that actually, I only know two or three characters names.

No your wrong.

Blame the author.

He wrote two decent books with some well developed characters and then a lot of brick. This is apparently the point where the TV writers are going to branch off from the books and I don't blame them. If you think the TV series has too many under-developed story lines and not enough good characters then you'd really hate the most recent books.

I've recently read the first book, it's enjoyable, good pacing, good plot, keeps everything together without losing the flow

I'll probably read the rest of them as well

I started watching GoT recently and I'm currently midway through series 4. Im not looking forward to catching up and having to wait a week in between episodes.

On a separate note, anyone watch Li e of Duty? Best BBC drama I've seen in a few years. Last episode was superb (minus the final chase scene)

Back