• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Think I might watch the Post Office scandal series on ITV. Has anyone else been watching?.

It's such a terrible/sad/outrageous story.

Yeh its well done, makes you wanna throw something through the TV though.

The whole saga although reported at the time was done so way under the radar, I remember me and my mum talking about it but not knowing the scandal involved to the extent it was. Shameful really

Been watching the second season of reacher on amazon, omg, how bad is that!

I am not down with the talk of today ( being a old fart), do you mean bad in great or bad in brick? :) I enjoyed the Reacher books and enjoyed the first series. The film with that dwarf Cruise playing Reacher was crap imo. Talk about miscasting even if he did put up the money to make the film.

I am not down with the talk of today ( being a old fart), do you mean bad in great or bad in brick? :) I enjoyed the Reacher books and enjoyed the first series. The film with that dwarf Cruise playing Reacher was crap imo. Talk about miscasting even if he did put up the money to make the film.

Really bad.
I've read 4 or 5 of the books and have to say I didn't like them. Wife and dad loved them, hence forced to watch the series.
Quite enjoyed the first series, but this one is really bad.
I actually liked the first cruise film, not the second one. they are good stories, but the lead character is just so over done imho. First series I thought they reigned it in, this series is way off the scale.
Everyone they meet they kill, body count is in the dozens.

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of cliffhangers in TV and film? It’s so cheap and lazy, and it’s so anticlimactic - by the time the cliffhanger is resolved next episode, all of that excitement that’s built up has dissipated.

E.g. I’m watching the new series of Traitors, and predictably episode 1 ends just as they’re about to reveal the new traitor. When I watch episode 2 tomorrow evening, I’m not really going to care as much who the new traitor is, because I will have been at work all day, not thinking about the programme.

It’s like having sex with someone but they stop just before you climax, and then the next evening they rush into the room and start trying to work your flaccid penis to immediate orgasm. Just not enjoyable.

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of cliffhangers in TV and film? It’s so cheap and lazy, and it’s so anticlimactic - by the time the cliffhanger is resolved next episode, all of that excitement that’s built up has dissipated.

E.g. I’m watching the new series of Traitors, and predictably episode 1 ends just as they’re about to reveal the new traitor. When I watch episode 2 tomorrow evening, I’m not really going to care as much who the new traitor is, because I will have been at work all day, not thinking about the programme.

It’s like having sex with someone but they stop just before you climax, and then the next evening they rush into the room and start trying to work your flaccid penis to immediate orgasm. Just not enjoyable.
You are clearly not influenced by the desire to find out what happens! But in most reality shows they do a re-set at the beginning. Also, what's the name of that brothel you go to? I must avoid it.

You are clearly not influenced by the desire to find out what happens! But in most reality shows they do a re-set at the beginning. Also, what's the name of that brothel you go to? I must avoid it.
I do have a desire to find out what happens, but that desire is much stronger at the end of watching the one hour programme than it is 24 hours later. Maybe I’m just more impatient than average, or less willing to binge loads of episodes back to back.

Yeh its well done, makes you wanna throw something through the TV though.

The whole saga although reported at the time was done so way under the radar, I remember me and my mum talking about it but not knowing the scandal involved to the extent it was. Shameful really
Started watching, don't think I'll be using the Post Office again, fudging clams!

I do have a desire to find out what happens, but that desire is much stronger at the end of watching the one hour programme than it is 24 hours later. Maybe I’m just more impatient than average, or less willing to binge loads of episodes back to back.
Or both?

Never get sick of Cliffhanger. Compulsory viewing at Christmas for my wife and daughter. Stallone at his cliche worst. Ironic laughs galore.cliffhanger.jpg

True Detective is back on 15th January. Season 1 is still one of my favourite tv series of any show ever. Season 2 was disappointing but season 3 was improved. Season 4 trailer kind of reminds of films like Wind River.
Agreed, season one for me is in my top few best ever seen tv.

Other half wanted to watch you are what you eat on netflix.

I don't care what the results of this test/show are as it's just anti meats.

I don't even eat much meat anymore, but there isn't a balanced view going on here

How much are we actually paying for tv. I cancelled Sky Sports as can watch Spurs games the next day on Spursplay. I would have liked to have watched some of Afcon and the darts but have my limits.
I have BT TV with my broadband package which includes Netflix and Now TV access to basic Sky channels at a cost of £ 9 on top of broadband cost.
We have Amazon Prime.
I don't actually watch much TV and can find enough good stuff to watch from what we have.
There are channels like Disney etc which carry some good programmes but at an average of approx 2 hours watching per day.....how much choice do you need ?

obliterated on Netflix
Don’t expect quality but I’ve found it enjoyable for sure
Very fast paced
Stupid for sure
But fun with it
Takes itself as serious as the government

Back