• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Anybody read the Garth Ennis comic book The Boys, all episodes are on Amazon now, am watching part one now

If you haven't still download it, its brilliant, its rude, funny, violent and fricken ace
Am 3 in its brilliant
Only annoying thing is Keith Urban's English accent, half the time it sounds Australian and Butcher is defo not Australian

She is writing the newest James Bond film too, very talented writer

She also developed and wrote Killing Eve from the Luke Jennings novels (or at least the first series and executive produced the second).

Brilliant writer, she writes real female characters with depth in a very male dominated area.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Nothing on here on the recently dropped trailer of the upcoming Picard series?! Stop pretending to not be massive nerds you bastards

https://preview.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/story/star-trek-picard-trailer/vi-AAEEcG6

Different vibe to what I was expecting.

Not sold on it at all. Star Trek just isnt Star Trek any more.

The movies are more Mission Impossible than Trek. Fun, throwaway, and missing the entire point.

Discovery was more Trek in its second season, but seems more like a tribute to Trek done by people who dont actually know it at all.

Picard? Well its tapping directly into proper Trek. And if the trailer is anything to go by its yet another that completely misses the point.

KARATE KICK! SHES THE CHOSEN ONE! SPLOSIONS!!!

Anybody read the Garth Ennis comic book The Boys, all episodes are on Amazon now, am watching part one now

If you haven't still download it, its brilliant, its rude, funny, violent and fricken ace

absofudginglutely LOVE the books. Probably my favourite graphic novel of all time.

Hence Im actually a bit iffy about watching the show, not sure Ill be able to give it a fair shake.

I love Karl Urban, quality actor and much underrated IMO, but having seen the trailer his accent is really really dodgy. dingdong Van Dyke in Mary Poppins dodgy.

Last edited:
Love sex and robots if you are looking for a anthology to fill BM. Its 18 short Cartoons about 10 - 15 minutes each, all different styles so if you don't like one its no big deal.

The blurb is "A collection of animated short stories that span various genres including science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy." and a few of them are really good ideas.

I particularly like Sonnie's Edge /The Witness /Suits /Good Hunting /The Secret War

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9561862/

It may be because I largely binge watched it but I had issues with the nudity and swearing in a lot of them. It was trying to hard to be edgy and they decided saying fudge or showing a rooster or pussy was the way to do it. Some it was part of the story but for others they put it in for shock.

Watched this over the weekend, really really enjoyed it.

Swearing didnt bother me at all. The nudity in a couple was a bit gratuitous but not as overtly distracting as I expected.

Really likes Sonnies Edge, The Witness, Good Hunting, Helping Hand, Zima Blue and The Secret War (feels like it could be a movie at some point).

Three Robots and When the Yoghurt Took Over were really fun too.

Dont know if its the nature of short films, or if I just watch too much TV, but a lot of the twists/outcomes I saw coming. Still, very enjoyable.

Watched Sunderland till I die over the last week [Netflix], really quite interesting.

I always enjoy any kind of behind the scenes thing, and knowing the outcome it was fascinating to watch the season unfold from the managements point of view.

Also surprising just how amateur things seem. I mean, its Sunderland, so it shouldnt - but it was also a Premier league club the year prior. And I cant believe any professional club would be so basic behind the scenes.

It only gets better the deeper you get. Quick tip, try your best to remember the names and who's who ;)

Yeah, thanks, I imagine there'll be a lot of going back and forth in time. Already a bit confused by all the characters, but equally intrigued. :)

Watched Sunderland till I die over the last week [Netflix], really quite interesting.

I always enjoy any kind of behind the scenes thing, and knowing the outcome it was fascinating to watch the season unfold from the managements point of view.

Also surprising just how amateur things seem. I mean, its Sunderland, so it shouldnt - but it was also a Premier league club the year prior. And I cant believe any professional club would be so basic behind the scenes.

Yeah, it's excellent. New season of it just around the corner, I reckon!

Back