• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson

Partly true. If you play sig there and he comes inside and score he's going to occupy more then just one player from then on.

On current standing i'd back Sig to make the difference before i'd back Lennon. That's partly because we seem to have given up on Chalk on boots wingers for the moment.

Maybe so and I suppose when you have a bricky striker or someone playing as poorly as Ade it is dfficult for Lennon as his productivity is determined by who he has in the box. At the moment we have a bunch of midfielders but nothing inside the box.

Partly true. If you play sig there and he comes inside and score he's going to occupy more then just one player from then on.

On current standing i'd back Sig to make the difference before i'd back Lennon. That's partly because we seem to have given up on Chalk on boots wingers for the moment.

Lennon has played loads of very good games this season. He also gives us real width on the right. I think that helps players like Bale, Sig, Dempsey and Holtby when operating in the middle. Walker just doesn't offer that quality wide play (yet at least) and needs a winger to work with I think. On the left on the other hand I think Ekotto offers a lot going down the flank, and that's why we've been able to let Bale (and at times Holtby/Sig/Dempsey) drift inside from that flank without leaving us without width.

I actually think Sig is more likely to get games on the left (or central, but interchanging with Bale coming inside from the left). That also allows Sig to come inside onto his strongest foot, while on the right I'm slightly worried that he will struggle, not unlike how Kranjcar and Modric struggled wide right while they looked very good cutting inside from the left.

Also Lennon offers quite a bit more defensively and is a better counter attacking option. For the next 4 games that will be important.

Maybe so and I suppose when you have a bricky striker or someone playing as poorly as Ade it is dfficult for Lennon as his productivity is determined by who he has in the box. At the moment we have a bunch of midfielders but nothing inside the box.

I think Ade plays a big role in that. His movement around the pitch creates space for others to run into.

I think AVB just meant, he is more likely to get into the starting line up than VDV... He didn't stick with that.

I love the way AVB talks, but if you just used a dictionary to look up the definition of every word he said and took everything literally, you'd misunderstand almost everything he says.

Assist and performance will do wonders for his confidence and form. Great energy and effort today probably should have scored but im sure a start against Inter is in line.

Good performance today. Strange decision to pass when he was one on one though!

Good performance today. Strange decision to pass when he was one on one though!

That was obviously because his last touch before that pass was bad. He was afraid cheesey would smother it. Didn't matter in the end, but that would have sealed it.

I wonder whether a lack of confidence had a part to play. Almost as if he was reluctant to take the chance, fearing that he would miss rather than being optimistic that he would score.

I loved his performance, great energy and I genuinely can't think of a time he lost the ball (save for the strange decision to square rather than shoot when clean through!)

He's looking sharper and shaper at the moment, great decision by AVB to throw him in today and must have done wonders for Siggy's confidence.

Once he finds he shooting boots again, I think he is going to be a very important player for us

AvB has to rotate where possible, Gylfi is improving and Holtby got off to a flyer but nothing wrong with them competing for places.

Only passed due to a failed last touch on the one-on-one. Played solid and strong otherwise. Just missed Bale on the first angled run attack, in what, 20th minute? Precursor to both eventual goals.

I must say that pass for Bale (and with his less favoured left foot!) was possibly our assist of the season!

Correct me if i've missed any others...

Either way, great play from the Sigg and perhaps he can see some of the passes that Modric did in certain games (obviously Modric was and is superior in that regard due to his ability to keep possession in tight spaces and was probabaly harder to knock off the ball, but Siggy does add some much needed vision and creativity).

Good stuff!

I wonder whether a lack of confidence had a part to play. Almost as if he was reluctant to take the chance, fearing that he would miss rather than being optimistic that he would score.

I said it in the OMT and I'll say it again, had he been wearing a Swansea shirt, he would have buried that chance, drilled it top corner..

I think he's just really out of confidence infront of goals.. The rest of his game seems to be progressing however, which is a real positive, hopefully he can then find some goalscoring form moving forward.

I must say that pass for Bale (and with his less favoured left foot!) was possibly our assist of the season!
Good stuff!

i'll vote for that.

balegoalafc.gif

he had to buy some time and not tempt jenkinson to press
he threaded the ball through vermaelen and mertersacker and left them for dead
he exposed arteta and Wheelchair for what they are - attention seeking forward players with no discipline in defending for the team
the weighted ball was perfect for bale to beat the offside and had so much time to take it first time shooting it to right with the outside of the left foot!

Been very good in patches in the last couple of games, has provided a much needed creative spark to the team, something that we have lacked all season.

Back