• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

From what I understand both from football manager and real life the away team in these friendly gets a half decent fee for showing up. We're paid that by Valencia for the game today surely, if it was a home game we would have paid that fee to the away team. Probably the home team ends up making a bit more as long as the attendance is decent, but I don't think the difference is all that big.

The chance of us getting a compensation from the Olympic body seems to me unlikely at the very best.

We could have skipped the US tour and had a home friendly before the Olympics started, but that would probably have been less profitable.

Kaboul proved to be a decent centre half last season something we all hoped he would. He'll be first choice IMO.

From what I understand both from football manager and real life the away team in these friendly gets a half decent fee for showing up. We're paid that by Valencia for the game today surely, if it was a home game we would have paid that fee to the away team. Probably the home team ends up making a bit more as long as the attendance is decent, but I don't think the difference is all that big.

The chance of us getting a compensation from the Olympic body seems to me unlikely at the very best.

But thats unfair on London clubs in general then. Others get to have their home game(s) but London clubs in particular us, as I dont care about the others, lose a big chunk of wedge.

Without knowing exactly what Valencia is giving us its hard to think its fair, I cant see it being anywhere near what we would get if we were at home.

Here's our line-up at Valencia - Friedel; Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Jenas, Livermore; Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale; Defoe.

Not sure what the fascination is with playing Jenas and Livermore and Huddlestone, but there it is.

But thats unfair on London clubs in general then. Others get to have their home game(s) but London clubs in particular us, as I dont care about the others, lose a big chunk of wedge.

Without knowing exactly what Valencia is giving us its hard to think its fair, I cant see it being anywhere near what we would get if we were at home.

I can see it being somewhere near what we would get at home - the fee we would pay the away side. Not quite as much of course.

Why would teams agree to playing away in a friendly if they can play at home and make a lot more money? Makes no sense, a kind of profit share between the clubs makes a lot more sense.

Here's our line-up at Valencia - Friedel; Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Jenas, Livermore; Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale; Defoe.

Not sure what the fascination is with playing Jenas and Livermore and Huddlestone, but there it is.

But Hudd isn't playing ...

We don't have a right to hold games, it is subject to licensing and we would not be able to get one because the game could not be effectively policed

jesus will weep if this is our line up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Jenas and Livermore :(

Abolsute balls.

Huddlestone has essentially had two seasons injured, in which there were many false dawns of recovery. He's taking it slowly with Hudd and so he fudging should be. If we hadn't ballsed up his fitness with short term fix injections he'd be an England regular by now. Everyone else can see the difference when Hudd is on the pitch, I assume AVB can as well

Back