• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Official Pre-Season Games Thread *

AzjA7-rCUAETWIe.jpg

AzjB97WCUAAwV3t.jpg

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Nearly half an hour gone and its 0-0. Too many long balls from Spurs, particularly when they're aimed at Defoe. Always a waste of time

#thfc I'm genuinely trying to remember the last time Spurs strung a few passes together. They can't keep the ball! Jenas poor but not alone.

pre season friendly or not, these observations have to be a worry with 2 weeks till the new season to go

#thfc Nearly half an hour gone and its 0-0. Too many long balls from Spurs, particularly when they're aimed at Defoe. Always a waste of time

#thfc I'm genuinely trying to remember the last time Spurs strung a few passes together. They can't keep the ball! Jenas poor but not alone.

pre season friendly or not, these observations have to be a worry with 2 weeks till the new season to go

Only if you believe rubbish on teletext.

I hate how we play long ball, it makes no sense at times. Sometimes I don't mind the long diagonal ball from Ekotto to Lennon or Hudd to Bale or anyone to our wingers really, but it's usually aimless up field towards someone but overhit or to someone who can't hold the ball up (defoe and pav in recent years)

Here's his full report on the game: http://www.london24.com/sport/totte...nd_avb_s_left_with_plenty_to_ponder_1_1472055

Just home from the game.. SO MANY moany fudgers in the away end today. Just so depressing, and its only a friendly for fudges sake.

What were they moaning at? The lack of strikers and Jenas? :)

Yep those, and also berating the team as a whole for 'not trying' and 'not having any hunger'. I called flimflam and told them I'd rather they dont get injured in preseason. And most of them were actually hoping we'd make a poor start to the season, get rid of AVB and get Harry back in.

Had to move seats it was so infuriating. Then came across a bloke whose been to every Spurs game, including friendlys overseas since 2001!! respect!

Yep those, and also berating the team as a whole for 'not trying' and 'not having any hunger'. I called flimflam and told them I'd rather they dont get injured in preseason. And most of them were actually hoping we'd make a poor start to the season, get rid of AVB and get Harry back in.

Had to move seats it was so infuriating. Then came across a bloke whose been to every Spurs game, including friendlys overseas since 2001!! respect!
:ross: and these guys are 'fans'??

Just home from the game.. SO MANY moany fudgers in the away end today. Just so depressing, and its only a friendly for fudges sake.

I know what you mean. We had a few around us.

Good to see a decent turnout from the Spurs fans. The early enthusiasm dampened by that dour first half. Retro chanting 'My name is Nicola Berti'

Lennon looked sharp
Sigurdsson looks a quality signing
Great cross by Walker. Great finish by Defoe.
The high line looked better, but not overly tested like it will be at SJP

On the downside, Jenas and Bentley, surely their days are numbered now. JJ almost anonymous and DB, the backflick into touch was just embarassing

On the downside, Jenas and Bentley, surely their days are numbered now. JJ almost anonymous and DB, the backflick into touch was just embarassing

Dont agree with it; but im totally convinced that Jenas will still be at Spurs come Sep 1.

Bentley? Dont think we can find any buyers for him. Think he will go out on loan on the last day of the TW just to get some of his wages covered

What is the point of having football commentary on bbc london if they spend more time cutiing to the fudging olympic tennis.AAAAAHHHH

5 Live do that a lot (cutting to other games) in the season too.

It's like they try to be all things to all men, when in reality, there's no point.

If Cheltenham fans, for example, want the Cheltenham score they'll be on local radio or the internet, there's no need for 5 Live, when commentating on a 'big' game to go all over the place. It interrupts the flow, especially when they do 'around the grounds' which lasts 10 f*cking minutes.

Cry me a river.

That's absolutely shocking. We need to make a fast start to the season to stand any chance of top four this year IMO, and that definitely means not losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and winning the following three.

Nice to hear AVB single out Carroll for praise after the game. He's clearly impressed the coaching staff. He also said he expects movement on a striker in the next few days "or a week"

Dont agree with it; but im totally convinced that Jenas will still be at Spurs come Sep 1.

Bentley? Dont think we can find any buyers for him. Think he will go out on loan on the last day of the TW just to get some of his wages covered

Agree on both counts. I've been a fan of Jenas in the past, certainly he is happy being a squad player. but that's all he will ever be at Spurs now. He just doesnt look like being able to step it up a notch. Shame really

Back