• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

I didn't see any of the game yesterday. What was made of this 2-footed tackle!? Was Aguero trying to get revenge for something earlier on?

There was a free kick given, but I think that was for the initial incident not the stamp. There were several hard duels between Aguero and Luiz, perhaps some previous off camera, but it seems that what you see in the video (and gifs) was a result from the way Luiz used his body (and his arm/elbow) to stop Aguero just moments earlier. You can pretty much see the reaction in Aguero's face as he loses control and goes for the revenge.

I guess it's another one of them times when you wish incidents could be reviewed after the game by a panel. This rule about whether the Ref had already seen it, not seen it, dealt with it etc is so confusing.

On another note if I was a manager, tackles like that would do my head in. I can't stand it when a player feels like they have been fouled or hard done by etc and then loses their head and runs around like a mad man looking for revenge. It's always happened (top level and grassroots etc) but it really fudges me off. Dembele did it the other week and ended up getting booked. So not only does the opposition player get away with it but you are punishing yourself and your team by having to walk the tightrope of being on a yellow. If I was a manager those players that can't control themselves would really get on my nerves.

I guess it's another one of them times when you wish incidents could be reviewed after the game by a panel. This rule about whether the Ref had already seen it, not seen it, dealt with it etc is so confusing.

On another note if I was a manager, tackles like that would do my head in. I can't stand it when a player feels like they have been fouled or hard done by etc and then loses their head and runs around like a mad man looking for revenge. It's always happened (top level and grassroots etc) but it really fudges me off. Dembele did it the other week and ended up getting booked. So not only does the opposition player get away with it but you are punishing yourself and your team by having to walk the tightrope of being on a yellow. If I was a manager those players that can't control themselves would really get on my nerves.

I don't understand why that has to be a barrier anyway; he's a ref, he's not the Pope, is he? I can only imagine it's intended to prevent clubs appealing stuff all the time and giving them work to do at the FA, when they could be loading up another plate of canapés instead.

FA confirms Emirates Marketing Project striker Sergio Aguero will face no action for his challenge on Chelsea defender David Luiz

If a referee gets something wrong the FA refuses to touch it as it would "undermine the referees". Instead they just demote them to League One for a few weeks. Ridiculous.

If a referee gets something wrong the FA refuses to touch it as it would "undermine the referees". Instead they just demote them to League One for a few weeks. Ridiculous.

Exactly. What undermines the referees is everyone seeing that they got the decision wrong or didn't see it properly in the first place.

Which is why retrospective cards would help more than hinder referees.

It's undermining the FA far more. People are seeing that they are a joke really.

Last edited:
Exactly. What undermines the referees is everyone seeing that they got the decision wrong or didn't see it properly in the first place.

Which is why retrospective cards would help more than hinder referees.

Every game should be reviewed by the refereeing team and an independent observer to rectify obvious mistakes. That would make me respect them, unlike hiding behind some stupid rule. They do punish the refs when they're being incompentent, why shouldn't the players get some as well?

How did the game come to this? When did it all go wrong?

Two footed, studs out challenge, nowhere near the ball, hits a player on the ground in full force.

Even if it was accidental, and Aguero honestly went for the ball, this is a straight red.

Shocking, absolutely shocking from the FA - again.

but the law states that if an offical saw it he cannot be punished. that's the flaw. it's the exact same as the mcmanaman case. They are planning on changing these laws at the end of the season so fair play, Aguero should escape punish following the letter of the law.

How does demoting referees not undermine them? :lol:

Howard Webb has been dropped from the Premier League officials' line-up for next weekend after an error-strewn performance in Sunderland's 3-0 win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at St James' Park yesterday.

How does demoting referees not undermine them? :lol:

Howard Webb has been dropped from the Premier League officials' line-up for next weekend after an error-strewn performance in Sunderland's 3-0 win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at St James' Park yesterday.

Webb dropped? Is this for real? Never thought I'd see the most high profile ref in the country dropped.

I don't understand why that has to be a barrier anyway; he's a ref, he's not the Pope, is he? I can only imagine it's intended to prevent clubs appealing stuff all the time and giving them work to do at the FA, when they could be loading up another plate of canapés instead.

I would like to see referees come out after the game and explain why they made certain decisions. We may not agree with their reasoning, but at the very least we would understand why they came to a decision. They don't even have to do it in front of cameras, just talk to the written press. It will never happen of course.

I would like to see referees come out after the game and explain why they made certain decisions. We may not agree with their reasoning, but at the very least we would understand why they came to a decision. They don't even have to do it in front of cameras, just talk to the written press. It will never happen of course.

They actually do that in some countries. I think it was a Dutch game where they even talked with the ref and assistants in their dressing room at HT.

Back