• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: Whooooohoooo!!!!!

I don't believe for a second that they are not trying. Adebayor looks lackadaisical even when he is on top form but it only gets brought up when he is not playing well. Defoe is coming back from injury.

Adebayor started to try more after he scored,,,but the question must be asked is this guy really going to be the solution for us up front,,

He would need a massive attitude to how he see's this club of ours..and I can't see him changing his way's...

As for Defoe ..he hasn't got a clue with his back to the goal..he keeps falling over and he does it again and again..the guy can't even hold
on to the ball when challenged without falling over,,

How 'bout a Spurs-Chelsea final?

Christ, I'd be watching that behind my sofa! :lol:

I'd hate that. Not because of what happens on the pitch.

Just that a game against any other club would make for a fine couple of days in the Dam. If Chelsea were there, though, there'd be a nasty atmosphere and probably some trouble.

I'd hate that. Not because of what happens on the pitch.

Just that a game against any other club would make for a fine couple of days in the Dam. If Chelsea were there, though, there'd be a nasty atmosphere and probably some trouble.

I never thought about that.

I would like a Chelsea final though.

Chelsea? Nah, we play them enough. Benfica has a historic feel to it. AVB might have an inside line on them as well.

I don't want to play Chelsea mainly because the media will be stirred up into a frenzy about "AVB's revenge" or something equally stupid. If we lose the media will spin the narrative as Chelsea ultimately being proven right to get rid of him "because he's not a winner" whereas if we win AVB will be held up as a redeemed messiah and would get linked to Real Madrid over the entire fudging summer. I think our players would also be even more nervous if it were Chelsea because they don't want to fail him.

Also we already play Chelsea way too much, I'd rather face a European side since we don't get that many chances. They may also be a little more susceptible to pace.

Chelsea? Nah, we play them enough. Benfica has a historic feel to it. AVB might have an inside line on them as well.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

We've been waiting to right the wrongs of the 1961-62 European Cup Semi-Final 2nd leg for over half a century.

Benfica in Amsterdam would be great!

I watched the other games in the round up following our match and it was actually astonishing. All of the scored goal through strikers who can control the ball and shoot. That Benfica guy even had the cheek to stay composed and finish with aplomb. Its just outrageous that we have such dross up front. I know I'm not pointing out anything new but its hard to believe that just about every other team in football has a striker and we can find one anywhere.

Did I hear correctly last night, that Ade's goal was the first from either he or Defoe since the turn of the year? Crazy, absolutely ludicrous.

I don't want to play Chelsea mainly because the media will be stirred up into a frenzy about "AVB's revenge" or something equally stupid. If we lose the media will spin the narrative as Chelsea ultimately being proven right to get rid of him "because he's not a winner" whereas if we win AVB will be held up as a redeemed messiah and would get linked to Real Madrid over the entire fudging summer. I think our players would also be even more nervous if it were Chelsea because they don't want to fail him.

Also we already play Chelsea way too much, I'd rather face a European side since we don't get that many chances. They may also be a little more susceptible to pace.

Spot on

:lol: at the game they chose for late kick off on Saturday, that looks a cracker. I'm not even really exaggerating when i say every other game looks more appealing to me.

Massive weekend ahead. These next 24 hours or so could be pivotal, especially after the results in the last 7 days.
Momentum is the key for me going into the last 8/9 games.

I'm hoping I'm totally wrong with all this by the way.

A win for Arsenal today at Swansea, on the back of their 'brave win' in Munich, and I would not be surprised if they go on a run that would see them secure enough points to actually finish 3rd.
After today their run-in has not got too many tough challenges left, coupled with no cup distractions.

Bizarrely, it could (stressing 'could') mean our rival for 4th spot might end up being Chelsea with the match at Stamford Bridge being the crucial difference in the final placings.
I can see them beating United in the replay, and they could have the mother of all fixture plie-ups looming, even moreso if they beat Rubin Kazan.

Victory on Sunday is vital to our Top 4 aspirations, and yes, I would say it is a 'must win' especially if Arsenal do. Maybe if Swansea can snatch a draw or even a win, then maybe tomorrow becomes just a 'must not lose' instead.

:lol: at the game they chose for late kick off on Saturday, that looks a cracker. I'm not even really exaggerating when i say every other game looks more appealing to me.

I love the banter at work sometimes. One of the City fans reckon Reading might surprise us this weekend. I said 'What? and not concede 5 goals?'
He reckons United have problems within the camp.....12pts clear at the Top of the League, still in the FA Cup, another 'double' still on the horizon. Yes....massive problems

Back