• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official OM(usic)T Thread ***

Everyone was grieving about the many fine musicians who passed away in 2018 and this one mostly slipped under the mainstream - American titan of the trumpet, Roy Hargrove. Only 49, from kidney failure. Terrible loss so early in life.

Here's eight well-spent moments from a wonderful album that introduced me to him and made his live shows must see events.

Friday afternoons in fall and winter, I hit the highway out of Toronto for work shooting junior hockey, in the rinks where many an NHL prospect has grown his game. This funk masterpiece inevitably gets cranking, usually as I escape rush hour slowdowns and get my mullet flowing:

Never heard of them. Sounds like 2 Unlimited crap?

Well, now you have heard of them. That was kinda my point in recommending the gig.

Believe me, they are nothing like 2 Unlimited, even if they use synthesizers now. The girls formed Biru Baby when they realized their previous act, the more guitar based punk band Cyaneed, had lost its erection (the band's own words).

What was the track with 3 girls orgasming on camera and singing through it? Unashamed publicity stunt, which didn't work on me at all.

Watching the superbowl and I've just seen Maroon 5 for the first time.

Coldplay, I take it all back. I didn't truly understand mediocrity until Maroon 5. And WTF is up with the singer? I think he's trying to affect some kind of leadman arrogance, but just ends up looking like he's just had a week's worth of Tramadol.

Just when I thought I was past getting angry at how brick modern music is, this happens.

It is corporate "danger" and "crazy creativeness"...about as dangerous as a soggy prawn chip and as "creatively crazy" as having a spot of milk in your tea. Come to think of it, if Maroon 5 were a cup of tea, they'd be milky, tepid and ultimately undrinkable. On reflection, I think when you say "mediocrity" you meant "brick"...

Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising, have a listen. It sounds like Karen Carpenter reborn (the dark version).

Last edited:
Just got back from Metallica at Twickenham. Fantastic set, amazing production- but at the back the sound was appalling. Anyone else go, and if so what was the sound like near you?

Back