• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Kabooooooom Thread

Kaboom.jpg

This is by Richard Swarbrick... the artist who made that fantastic animation of Gareth Bale scoring against Milan a while back. He has work in a new exhibition showcasing a talented group of artists @FantasistaArt who simply love the beautiful game.

Bale1-325x157.jpg

Some guy on SC just said -

Bit of news for you guys. I just met Younes Kaboul and his gf/wife in the Watford Harlequin shopping centre. He said his fitness is good and free from injury. He hopes to be back to his best this season.

He is skinnier than I thought he'd be. I told him he was my favourite player being part moroccan and that he should have chosen Morocco over France national teams. Seemed friendly and I didnt want to press him whilst he was with his family

Some guy on SC just said -

Will be like a £15m signing.

We've not yet been able to play our first choice back 4 of Walker, Kaboul, Verts and BAE - can't wait to see them in action. Though to be honest, with Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele in front of them, they are going to having nothing to do anyway!

I'd be very surprised if BAE is in our starting back 4 next season, although I agree with your point entirely...

I'd be very surprised if BAE is in our starting back 4 next season, although I agree with your point entirely...

Not sure who else they can get, or whether it's a priority. Rose isn't good enough to replace him.

As for Kaboul, he certainly has the pace for a high line but he has massive concentration issues for a central defender which will always prevent him from being anything other than OK. His pace may well bail him out of trouble, but I don't think he is suited to a high line. AVB needs intelligent defenders.

Not sure who else they can get, or whether it's a priority. Rose isn't good enough to replace him.

As for Kaboul, he certainly has the pace for a high line but he has massive concentration issues for a central defender which will always prevent him from being anything other than OK. His pace may well bail him out of trouble, but I don't think he is suited to a high line. AVB needs intelligent defenders.

He was 26 last summer and essentially lost all of last season through injury. He's coming into the age where quite a few central defenders have developed into consistent performers, too early to say that his "massive concentration issues" will always be a big problem.

i'd actually go with a back 4 of walker daws kaboul verts

Vertoghen at left back never really did it for me. He had his moments but they were predominantly when we were on the attack if I recall correctly. Defensively he wasnt great there and I do remember him getting skinned alive in plenty of matches, though I couldn't name which matches now. Pulling him out of his favoured position would be a mistake IMHO.

If the Benny of 2011/12 is back then we'll be fine. I'm not convinced by Rose at all.

Vertoghen at left back never really did it for me. He had his moments but they were predominantly when we were on the attack if I recall correctly. Defensively he wasnt great there and I do remember him getting skinned alive in plenty of matches, though I couldn't name which matches now. Pulling him out of his favoured position would be a mistake IMHO.

If the Benny of 2011/12 is back then we'll be fine. I'm not convinced by Rose at all.

I agree fully.

In Vertonghen we have a centre back that could be absolutely top class if he keeps developing and becomes consistent. Or we could have an alright left back. Pretty easy choice, although nothing wrong with him filling in at left back from time to time.

Like you I'm not convinced by Rose yet, defensively he still looks a bit like a winger that's playing at left back (for natural reasons). He has potential, but I wouldn't be upset if we ended up selling him. If we keep him and have him and BAE as our left back options I think that would be very good.

Pretty sure Kaboul on the right is a thing of the past.
He's developed into a pure centre back. Injury might have taken some of his agility and mobility, if not age certainly will with someone his size.

I just think verts gives us much more going forward in the final third than benny.

defensively i agree with you guys. BAE is better

i'd actually go with a back 4 of walker daws kaboul verts

At centre back Verts made the prem league team of the season, if he spent the whole season playing at left back he would never have made it. That is why he should never be our first choice left back

At left back he just does a job but at centre back he excels, therein lies the rub

I thought he came back from injury at the end of the season? Where has he been?

As i recall, as soon as he came back he picked up what appeared to be a different and relatively minor injury.
My concern with Kaboul is that since his injury, it hasnt been tested at all. He's a big lad and throws himself about - i fear that if he comes back before he's ready and if he isnt treated very carefully from now on, he'll be the next Ledley King.

What I'd pay to see Kaboul and Vertonghen play together in the centre for a season.

Back