• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

I am suprised as I thought with his style of play, he would be one of Poc's favourites.

£5m, that's a 100% profit on the transfer fee .

I am suprised as I thought with his style of play, he would be one of Poc's favourites.

£5m, that's a 100% profit on the transfer fee .

Poch probably wants there to be a purpose with our pressing, not just running around chasing the ball.

its all a blur to me where the accountability for player transfers start and end; could it be that it poch wanted to keep holtby but was forced to sell and the converse for paulinho?

I reckon he wanted 1st team football and we can't promise him that. The problem with paulinho is that having failed twice in Europe will he be willing to move to another euro club? Cuts down options for us to move him on.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I am sure Holtby was sick of being a bit part player as he would have been this season again with us. For his career to progress, he had to go as it was never going to happen here. I don't think Poch would want to keep an unhappy player anyway so its a good decision to let him go now and focus on the players who are part of his plans.

its all a blur to me where the accountability for player transfers start and end; could it be that it poch wanted to keep holtby but was forced to sell and the converse for paulinho?

I think with Paulinho, I am sure that Baldini would not want him sold at a big loss, same as with Soldado, as he knows Levy is a businessman first and is not afraid to pull the trigger. I don't think he'd force Poch but he could certainly influence him in to giving these guys another go. Certainly, if Poch had wanted to sell them it would be at least with a 50% loss and that would make Baldini look a bit useless.

Accountability seems to start with each poster's view on a player and continue with whoever they like/don't like in the administrative part of the club (chairman, DoF, scouts, manager).

I think with Paulinho, I am sure that Baldini would not want him sold at a big loss, same as with Soldado, as he knows Levy is a businessman first and is not afraid to pull the trigger. I don't think he'd force Poch but he could certainly influence him in to giving these guys another go. Certainly, if Poch had wanted to sell them it would be at least with a 50% loss and that would make Baldini look a bit useless.
I disagree. If a player does not have a future at the club then I am sure that Baldini would get more credit for moving them on and getting them off of the payroll than he would for pretending that they are part of the plans.

The problem is that you can only sell players when you have a buyer.

I disagree. If a player does not have a future at the club then I am sure that Baldini would get more credit for moving them on and getting them off of the payroll than he would for pretending that they are part of the plans.

The problem is that you can only sell players when you have a buyer.

That is possible too, but surely it is more Baldinis responsibility to find a buyer too. It is easy throwing big money around to get deals done as most of us gave him credit for when he first started but he must have a network of contacts to find buyers too just as he does for buying for us. I am sure if we really wanted to sell, we could have.

Of course, this is all assuming, who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe, Poch really wants them as squad players and they are happy with that.

That is possible too, but surely it is more Baldinis responsibility to find a buyer too. It is easy throwing big money around to get deals done as most of us gave him credit for when he first started but he must have a network of contacts to find buyers too just as he does for buying for us. I am sure if we really wanted to sell, we could have.

Of course, this is all assuming, who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe, Poch really wants them as squad players and they are happy with that.
Poch said that he wanted a smaller squad in the summer and I suspect that we would have let both of them go if we had a buyer.

I'm sure that Baldini is working on finding buyers for the surplus players at the moment.

The thing is, now every player is back at the club, he can see who is who and there attitude. Chances are you see more out going over next summer transfer window than Janurary.

Strange, he seemed like a player Poch would have preferred when compared to, say, Paulinho: he's young, energetic, technically able, and most importantly, possessed of a fairly low profile and thus presumably more ready to faithfully heed Poch's instructions and tactical demands (as opposed to Paulinho, who's played in the World Cup and won trophies with his previous club, which to some small extent casts doubts on his absolute willingness to conform to Poch's demands of him).

Still, we did make a hefty profit on him, if reports are to be believed. I can imagine that being singularly significant in the thought process behind this deal.

Back