• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Would hate to lose Holtby. He's the type of player who would score against Arsenal at the Emirates, go mental, take his shirt off, throw it at the Spurs fans, then run round the four corners of the stadium flicking the V's at their fans, before ending in a knee-slide infront of Wenger

And that is exactly what has been missing from our team of late.

@LewisHoltby:
Donkey Kong Modus ;-)...
Well done dani Alves 

Say no to racism! http://fb.me/6Nxi3ef0Y
10152554_10152311266724404_4818312321874715680_n.jpg

[h=1]Magath: Relegated Fulham lacked fight[/h] May 3, 2014

<cite class="source"> By PA Sport
</cite>
Fulham boss Felix Magath accused his players of lacking the fight to survive after his club's 10-year stay in the Premier League came to an end with an abject 4-1 defeat at Stoke.

"There was no fighting spirit there. I think they felt too much pressure - we cannot run, we cannot pass, we cannot play and we have never been in the game. Everybody is down on the bottom and there are some tears but I have to take the responsibility and I apologise not only for today but for not managing the situation because I was convinced we would stay in the league."

Fulham's dismal display was encapsulated by Magath's decision to haul off Lewis Holtby in the 34th minute, with the Cottagers boss reiterating a belief he first aired after the loss to Chelsea in March that the midfielder lacks the stomach for battle.

Magath added: "I think the player (Holtby) is very skilful but he doesn't get any of the ball or fight -- there was nothing for him today."

Didn't magath have a problem with holtby when they were in Germany? Seems to be the spacegoat to me, I'd call him back tomorrow if we were allowed.

Sounds like he'd fit in back at whl.

I think he, along with most of our squad, have had such a disjointed time its affecting b them all round.

Need some stability .
Or maybe he has just become another victim of the high flying pl footballer and London scene.
He certainly had stomach when he first joined

I think Holtby's biggest problem is that he is an immature player. He needs to grow and grow fast...

i think he's just over eager to get the ball - which can be trained or contained within a system. while he is recognized for his engine, i think his best attribute is his first touch - he can play a very good 1-2 and can see him fit in a central role to unlock defences. For that he will need to calm down stay and watch more than getting involved at every moment.

i quite like the guy, good pass, plenty of energy but what is his position, i cant see where he'd play next season even as back up.

i quite like the guy, good pass, plenty of energy but what is his position, i cant see where he'd play next season even as back up.

Lewis does appear to be a Jack of all trades... Hopefully he can master a role before he turns into the new Phil Neville...

Considering they conceded straight after and went on to lose 4-1, then obviously the sub didn't help matters. I saw that he was subbed early but just thought he must've been injured so I'm surprised to hear this, especially the questioning of his work rate and desire, you can criticise him for other things but neither of those have ever been in question for me. This spat seems to be the result of a long running grudge and Magath is coming across as petty.

His natural position right now is like that of VdV, in the hole. Or as one of the two runners in a midfield 3 (4-3-3, one anchor) Could also see him play in a wide position, particularly if cutting inside.

In time he might develop to fit a deeper role. So far for us he hasn't seemed to get his positioning right for that role.

I think Holtby's biggest problem is that he is an immature player. He needs to grow and grow fast...

Agreed. At least if he wants to play deeper he needs to be more disciplined.

If he wants to be a "number 10" he'll mainly have to get much more productive - goals and assists.

His natural position right now is like that of VdV, in the hole. Or as one of the two runners in a midfield 3 (4-3-3, one anchor) Could also see him play in a wide position, particularly if cutting inside.

In time he might develop to fit a deeper role. So far for us he hasn't seemed to get his positioning right for that role.

Agreed. At least if he wants to play deeper he needs to be more disciplined.

If he wants to be a "number 10" he'll mainly have to get much more productive - goals and assists.

His main issue when playing the 'number 10 role' is that he goes looking for the ball. The guys positional sense is poor and he leaves the striker isolated when he's wondering around in DM/CM positions looking to get a touch on the ball.

His main issue when playing the 'number 10 role' is that he goes looking for the ball. The guys positional sense is poor and he leaves the striker isolated when he's wondering around in DM/CM positions looking to get a touch on the ball.

Quite possibly, but didn't VdV get criticism for the same?

With no creativity behind him I'm not really blaming him for wandering and looking for the ball. If we had players feeding him and our others attacking players good passes it would be an issue. When we're passing around aimlessly and couldn't find a pass to penetrate midfield for the life of us I'm glad when attacking players try to take responsibility.

------------------

By the way, I think there's a good chance he would fit brilliantly in a Pochettino team. And I think Holtby's Spurs future depends a bit on the system the next manager wants and if he rates him or not.

Another half a season to a year like the one he already had here and I think he's done.

Holtby was consistently one of the best creators for me, when Defoe was in the team, they had a really good understanding. He needs a striker that is always moving in front of him though. Soldado was far too static when he was playing with him. Its a shame he didn't get a go playing off Ade, I think that could have been a really promising combination with Eriksen and him floating off the big man.

Holtby was consistently one of the best creators for me, when Defoe was in the team, they had a really good understanding. He needs a striker that is always moving in front of him though. Soldado was far too static when he was playing with him. Its a shame he didn't get a go playing off Ade, I think that could have been a really promising combination with Eriksen and him floating off the big man.

Holtby was a consistently good creator in the EL imo, regardless of striker in front of him.

By the time he left for Fulham he still hadn't adjusted fully to the PL/our playing style.

Back