• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Just watched Batman v Superman and I'll admit I had my doubts prior to going in but wow it was brilliant, I loved it, really sets up the Justice League films

The reviews have been shocking. Trailers looking like a piece of brick, the fan boys will still lap it up though.. This interview is hilarious.

I thought BvS was pretty average. Zach Snyder is a bit of a hack in all honesty and shouldn't be allowed to direct the sequel.

I was unconvinced by the far fetched plot of the two heroes disliking each other, and watching the film didn't persuade me, felt rushed and not too believable.

I realise that DC want to distance themselves from Marvel so they tend to make darker films, but my GHod, do their films really need to be so friggin serious and over dramatic?! A few jokes wouldn't have gone amiss. Deadpool was dark and violent, but they still found enough room to throw in some humour.

Not sure if mentioned any further back (scrolled a few) - a relatively new genre I guess!

I thought BvS was pretty average. Zach Snyder is a bit of a hack in all honesty and shouldn't be allowed to direct the sequel.

I was unconvinced by the far fetched plot of the two heroes disliking each other, and watching the film didn't persuade me, felt rushed and not too believable.

I realise that DC want to distance themselves from Marvel so they tend to make darker films, but my GHod, do their films really need to be so friggin serious and over dramatic?! A few jokes wouldn't have gone amiss. Deadpool was dark and violent, but they still found enough room to throw in some humour.
He needs to take a long look at himself and then go hide in a locked room, away from any film studios for a very long time. He's up (down?) there with some of the very worst directors out there at the moment.

Batman VS Superman was a good story told terribly. In the hands of just about any other director that would probably have been a passable film - even Michael Bay could have advanced the plot without falling back on bricky little dream sequences that make no sense other than to dig him out of holes he's created for himself.

And how many fudging times do we need a shot of Wonder Woman posing with her hair being blown about and that little bit of theme music? I know you're setting up a new franchise, but for it to be done 4 or 5 times in as many minutes just becomes too obvious.

As for the casting - Amy Adams is far too weak to play Lois Lane and Ben Affleck is a terrible Batman. For starters, he looks waaay too short - I know he claims he's well over 6 foot but both Cavill and Gadot tower over him for most of the film. He's a passable Bruce Wayne, but the bit where he's pretending to be intelligent and invent stuff just looks like when PG Tips used to put a lab coat on a chimp and cover the end of a pen in peanut butter.

I'm a big fan of Batman films and used to love Superman as a kid - this film is a disgrace to both.

He needs to take a long look at himself and then go hide in a locked room, away from any film studios for a very long time. He's up (down?) there with some of the very worst directors out there at the moment.

Batman VS Superman was a good story told terribly. In the hands of just about any other director that would probably have been a passable film - even Michael Bay could have advanced the plot without falling back on brickty little dream sequences that make no sense other than to dig him out of holes he's created for himself.

And how many fudgeing times do we need a shot of Wonder Woman posing with her hair being blown about and that little bit of theme music? I know you're setting up a new franchise, but for it to be done 4 or 5 times in as many minutes just becomes too obvious.

As for the casting - Amy Adams is far too weak to play Lois Lane and Ben Affleck is a terrible Batman. For starters, he looks waaay too short - I know he claims he's well over 6 foot but both Cavill and Gadot tower over him for most of the film. He's a passable Bruce Wayne, but the bit where he's pretending to be intelligent and invent stuff just looks like when PG Tips used to put a lab coat on a chimp and cover the end of a pen in peanut butter.

I'm a big fan of Batman films and used to love Superman as a kid - this film is a disgrace to both.

Well, Michael Bay would have thrown in a fe helicopters against sunsets so he would have made the film not quite so dark in that respect. 300 and Dawn of the Dead are the only films that Zack Snyder directed that are any good. Man of Steel was ok I guess.

I must say, I didn't mind them showing Wonder Woman so much, I wouldn't kick her out of the bed.

I thought Ben Affleck was decent as Batman, he's 6 foot 2 according to Google. He's turned his career around since Gigli and has starred and directed some very good films.

I don't hide the fact that I prefer the Marvel films to DC. I don't read either of the comics so it's not like I have any bias there, I just find the Marvel films more entertaining and watchable. As much as the Dark Knight is a great film, I prefered the Avengers and actually enjoyed X-Men Days of Future Past more.

The Empire podcast slated BvS. They love that kind of thing and they said it was super serious, dull, hard to watch etc.

The Empire podcast slated BvS. They love that kind of thing and they said it was super serious, dull, hard to watch etc.
Rightly so. It's not just a boring film, the plot progression is amateur and the characters are entirely one-dimensional. Lex Luther being the only notable exception.

Still not yet watched BM vs SM . . any reason why their rival in the movie?
Batman has reason to be angry but the level of obsession and drawn out need for vengeance is entirely unrealistic.

Superman just had a bit of shoehorned plot in there to make him fight Batman.

I've never read the comics so I wouldn't know if that's how the story originally was or just a poor adaptation to film, but it fits perfectly with the shoddy nature of the rest of the film.

I enjoyed it but I went in with very low expectations. The kids liked it. Wonder woman...nuff said. I think all the bollox about plot lines and what not is just that. It is an alien in red underpants fighting a bat. Just roll with it.

Batman has reason to be angry but the level of obsession and drawn out need for vengeance is entirely unrealistic.

Superman just had a bit of shoehorned plot in there to make him fight Batman.

I've never read the comics so I wouldn't know if that's how the story originally was or just a poor adaptation to film, but it fits perfectly with the shoddy nature of the rest of the film.
The original batman vs superman from the The Dark Knight Returns was a completely different story. I haven't read it since I was a spotty teenager but I do remember it being up there as one of the best I had read at the time. I still remember it quite well actually and I can't say the same about to many other comics really (bar the Watchmen :cool:).

Last edited:
I enjoyed it but I went in with very low expectations. The kids liked it. Wonder woman...nuff said. I think all the bollox about plot lines and what not is just that. It is an alien in red underpants fighting a bat. Just roll with it.

What about the tights, DONT FORGET ABOUT THE TIGHTS

Back