• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Saw Wind R i v e r last night. Recommend highly! It was written and directed by Taylor Sheridan who wrote Hell or High Water and Sicario, both excellent films.

There are legitimately brilliant classics, that will never tire.

Im thinking more of those films loved as a kid, or when you were pretty young.
Watched flight of the navigator the other month - it was crap.

I did want to watch the last starfighter but got them mixed up so that may had something to do with it.

Thats exactly what Im talking about!

I got the kids to watch Flight of the Navigator and they were pretty unimpressed, as was I, ruined it for me - I had such great memories of it!

Saw Wind R i v e r last night. Recommend highly! It was written and directed by Taylor Sheridan who wrote Hell or High Water and Sicario, both excellent films.
Agreed, dunno why this great movie got such a limited release. Should've come out before IT when there was sod all of note showing in multiplexes and my Cineworld Unlimited card was gathering dust!

Worth a read...

http://collider.com/wind-river-taylor-sheridan-interview/
During my conversation with Sheridan, we talked about how the frontier trilogy (which also includes Sicario and Hell or High Water) ties together thematically, if there’s a particular order to watch them in, what he learned about Native American reservations from his time living on one, and much more. We also talked about his script for the upcoming Sicario sequel Soldado and how he’s planning to tackle a TV series by writing and directing all the episodes for Yellowstone.

JJ Abrams now confirmed to be directing and co-writing episode IX.

Imagine what could have been achieved with the money he and Michael Bay spends if it was given to people with talent instead.

JJ Abrams now confirmed to be directing and co-writing episode IX.

Imagine what could have been achieved with the money he and Michael Bay spends if it was given to people with talent instead.

As a director he is fine. Not amazing, but good. Can shoot really great action, and has a brilliant knack for casting.

However, as a script writer? Story teller? He is among the worst, genuinely terrible. You can bet Rian Johnson spent most of his time writing XIII trying to deal with the mess JJ left behind him.

If he was directing Star Wars off of somebody elses script I wouldnt mind, but the idea he his writing it as well fills me with dread.

As a director he is fine. Not amazing, but good. Can shoot really great action, and has a brilliant knack for casting.

However, as a script writer? Story teller? He is among the worst, genuinely terrible. You can bet Rian Johnson spent most of his time writing XIII trying to deal with the mess JJ left behind him.

If he was directing Star Wars off of somebody elses script I wouldnt mind, but the idea he his writing it as well fills me with dread.
I don't think much of him as a visual artist either. His two gimmicks (lens flares and fudging around with spaceships in-atmosphere) are massively overused. Every time I see one or the other I'm taken out of the "magic" world of the film and reminded that I'm sat in a cinema watching a film that has a director, a cast, an editor, etc.

He's a hack that somehow has Hollywood lining up to throw money at him. I assume he generates money because he makes films for the mentally deficient that don't like cinema - much like Andrew Lloyd Webber makes opera for people who don't like the opera.

He is certainly no Hitchrooster! I do think he shoots a fun action flick pretty well though. And as I said, has a good eye for casting.

Thats pretty mich he entirety of my defense of him. "Not bad". There are plenty worse.

I certainly agree he is a hack though. I never understand how he gets so much made.

He is a good ideas man, but past the initial "inspiration" he is utterly useless, I wish he understood his limitations.

He is certainly no Hitchrooster! I do think he shoots a fun action flick pretty well though. And as I said, has a good eye for casting.

Thats pretty mich he entirety of my defense of him. "Not bad". There are plenty worse.

I certainly agree he is a hack though. I never understand how he gets so much made.

He is a good ideas man, but past the initial "inspiration" he is utterly useless, I wish he understood his limitations.

ie. Lost.

Launched a career for him and the even bigger hack Lindelof (writer on Star Trek Into Darkness and Alien Prometheus. All they really had was a great opening, but no idea where they were going.

I remember an interview with him when Lost came out, gleefully saying how he had no idea where it was going and how they were still writing the end of the initial season.

The BBC showed the first two episodes back to back, I watched them, and not one since.

It was clearly so haphazard, and the whole "Oh look at this tease" "Look at that tease" thing with no sign of resolution was a huge warning flag.

I hate that they were just winging it.

My brother loved it, kept telling me to watch, but I was never interested. Season 2 "great", Season 3 "its really good", season 4 "meh", Season 5 "Im only watching it because Ive seen all the rest" and season 6 "Im looking forward to it being over".

A series I bailed on at the first and dont ever regret missing out on.

I remember an interview with him when Lost came out, gleefully saying how he had no idea where it was going and how they were still writing the end of the initial season.

The BBC showed the first two episodes back to back, I watched them, and not one since.

It was clearly so haphazard, and the whole "Oh look at this tease" "Look at that tease" thing with no sign of resolution was a huge warning flag.

I hate that they were just winging it.

My brother loved it, kept telling me to watch, but I was never interested. Season 2 "great", Season 3 "its really good", season 4 "meh", Season 5 "Im only watching it because Ive seen all the rest" and season 6 "Im looking forward to it being over".

A series I bailed on at the first and dont ever regret missing out on.
Channel 4 [emoji57]

I swear the first couple of episodes aired on BBC2. Then jumped to Channel 4. There was a huge preamble and everything, I remember clearly.

Of course, I cant find proof now...

Kingsman : Golden Circle (feels like that should be a euphemism to me!).

Good fun.

If you liked the first one you'll like this. I think the first was better, but this is well worth watching for some great moments.

Also possibly has the best cameo of all time.

Kingsman : Golden Circle (feels like that should be a euphemism to me!).

Good fun.

If you liked the first one you'll like this. I think the first was better, but this is well worth watching for some great moments.

Also possibly has the best cameo of all time.

Agree with this. It was good fun, cheesy and stupid at times. It definitely asks you to remember that it's just a film as it's nonsensical and completely over the top. I think that the movie title is deliberately set to be with double meaning. Well, it is. The action sequences are fun and that cameo shows that the star in question has a sense of humour about them. Overall I'd say a 6-7 out of ten movie.

Back