• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Does anyone else not give a flying fudge about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?

I think I have seen one or maybe two of the Harry Potter films as I thought they were brick but obviously they are very popular so they must be good but I've never understood the hype.

Maybe it's me getting grumpier as I get older but most films seems to be made purely out of CGI nowadays. Where's the fun in that?

Classic films like indiana Jones, or old western films like the magnificent seven, seem to be very few and far between. I know indiana Jones probably had a bit of green screen but my love for films is slowly dying now too as CGI takes over from real acting.

Don't even get me started on remakes.

My point I'm trying to make is that this new JK Rowling film is one of 5 and is blatantly another way of making billions off of stupid little kids that haven't seen the Harry Potter films or read the books and also to get money out of the existing Harry Potter fans.

Sent from my F8331 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Saw two excellent movies the past week; Anomalisa (Charlie Kaufman) and The Witch. Both fudged up in their own ways, but definitely must see.

Watched Fury the other night, really good film.

All my mates have been raving about this as well, I just didn't really feel it, 6.5/7 out of 10 for me. Same with lone survivor.

I loved 13 hours though, a touch of the black hawk down about it, but not quite as good.

All my mates have been raving about this as well, I just didn't really feel it, 6.5/7 out of 10 for me. Same with lone survivor.

I loved 13 hours though, a touch of the black hawk down about it, but not quite as good.

Not watched 13 hours or the the Lone Survivor, i will get round to them though.

Went away for weekend and hotel only had 4 film channels in English and I caught the last 15 minutes of 300, I was amazed I don't think I've seen such an awful film in the 60 odd years I've been watching cinema, I wonder if they had Capt. Oveur from Airplane asking "do you like gladiator movies" before the film.]

Kermode and Mayo said it was absolutely ludicrous. So bad it might be the worst film of the year.

That's OTT. The acting is decent enough and there are some good action set pieces, enough to make it NOT the worst film of the year.

Arrival was dull IMO. Hail Caesar was crap also, and I'm a big Coen brothers fan.

Michael Bay always overdo it. It's just too much. It's based on a true story, yet Bay manages to make it look like some 14 year olds war fantasy. It's just an awful lot of loud bangs and explosions.

Michael Bay always overdo it. It's just too much. It's based on a true story, yet Bay manages to make it look like some 14 year olds war fantasy. It's just an awful lot of loud bangs and explosions.

You didn't like Bad boys, the Rock, the island, the first transformers movie? I know non of them are exactly oscar movies, but they're very good to excellent popcorn action adventures?!

I guess it's just different tastes though.

You didn't like Bad boys, the Rock, the island, the first transformers movie? I know non of them are exactly oscar movies, but they're very good to excellent popcorn action adventures?!

I guess it's just different tastes though.
Those are all fiction movies. But Fury is based on a real story, and I expect at least a hint of realism then. Michael Bay is obviously not capable of that. Everything has to be blown totally out of proportions in his films (pun intended). It's just so one dimensional and predictable it's laughable.

Those are all fiction movies. But Fury is based on a real story, and I expect at least a hint of realism then. Michael Bay is obviously not capable of that. Everything has to be blown totally out of proportions in his films (pun intended). It's just so one dimensional and predictable it's laughable.

Bay didn't do Fury though did he? Bay done 13 hours, also a true story but one I thought was done well.

I agree with you on Fury though, I think it's very overrated.

And excuse me, but Transformers, fiction?!?!?

Back