• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

It was, wasn't it

Certainly how i took the book - violent fantasies to escape the mundane souless life of an 80s Yuppie.

I took it as everyone was so wrapped up in themselves in the 80's that they couldn't even recognise, or want to, a psychopath in their midst.

I think I read an interview with Bale and the author where they say the murders are real.

Watched two films this week:

Stolen- Absolute dogbrick!

Citizen Kane- A little disappointing if I'm honest. Touch Of Evil is a superior Orson Welles film IMO.

I took it as everyone was so wrapped up in themselves in the 80's that they couldn't even recognise, or want to, a psychopath in their midst.

I think I read an interview with Bale and the author where they say the murders are real.

huh, ive never looked at it like that before

will remember to keep that in mind if i ever re read or re watch it

Just watched Drive

Not sure what to make of it in all honesty. I enjoyed it whilst watching it but reflecting back on it - nothing much actually happened. A few killings here and there and well... thats about it. (Dont wanna spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it so dont want to go too much into it)

huh, ive never looked at it like that before

will remember to keep that in mind if i ever re read or re watch it

It explains why everyone keeps calling everyone by the wrong name and why the book especially is so focussed on materiality. The book is a struggle to read, not because of the violence but because you'll have page after page of description of what each character is wearing, reading, eating, etc. It's all so vacuous but I think that's the point - the characters focus on all these other bits and fail to realise that one amongst them is a serial killer.

Or, it's all in his head. In the movie, this kind of explains the final scenes where it all plays out like a movie (go with me here). eg he fires a gun and hits a car, and the car explodes. You can even tell on Bateman's face that it's unexpected. Similar to the scene where he's chasing the girl naked in the building with a chainsaw. In reality the neighbours would have been out to see the comotion and called the cops.

I watched Trance up cinema this evening, a decent psychological thriller and Rosario Dawson does look pretty darned fine in the buff! Does drag a bit towards the end though so 6/10

I recorded Skyline off TV a few weeks back and finally got around to watching that last night, what a load of tosh 2/10

FWIW, I thought Drive was very stylish and probably would've been great to watch in a cinema but I only caught it on Blu-Ray and the lack of dialogue made it a bit underwhelming. Probably a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Just watched Taken 2 - enjoyed it thoroughly. Aint as good as the first but still good

Better than Drive ;)

Just watched Taken 2 - enjoyed it thoroughly. Aint as good as the first but still good

Better than Drive ;)

Glad you enjoyed it more than I did. As you say, definitely not as good as the first though. Perhaps I built it up too much beforehand, based on it having Liam Neeson in it and the quality of the first film, so it never really hit my high expectations.

We're going to watch The Host on Saturday night while we're down here for the 2 home games. Think it may have to be a trip to Harlow dogs tomorrow night though

Watched Trance when I was high last night. Amazing. Found a lot of parallels to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Highly recommend it

Change of plan last night, went to see The Host at Lee Valley.

Good film, but not brilliant. Definitely worth a watch though 7/10

Escape to Victory on ITV at the moment.

Looking at the players and actors involved - one in particular through me. Someone called Zoltan Gera listed un 'Actors'. Ironically this wasn't a footballer acting (WBA player) but and actor playing footie. Would have been amazing if it was the other way around seeing as the film was made in the very early 80's!

Bit of trivia for you there \o/

Back