• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Never seen either, are they worth watching?

Definitely.

Heist is a really well scripted, intelligent crime caper and Galaxy Quest is really funny. A washed up group of Star Trek-alike actors who end up in space for real. Rockwell plays the "unnamed crew member who always dies when on a mission".

Definitely.

Heist is a really well scripted, intelligent crime caper and Galaxy Quest is really funny. A washed up group of Star Trek-alike actors who end up in space for real. Rockwell plays the "unnamed crew member who always dies when on a mission".

I had a look because I fancy watching these again and Heist is on BBC1 Midnight next Wed night/Thurs morning and Galaxy Quest is on tomorrow morning and evening on one of the sky movie channels.

I think I'll watch Galaxy Quest with my daughter as it's only a PG.

Plot holes, contrived, overlong, dull.
Eg. How the hell did Wayne get back to Gotham after climbing out of a prison on the other side of the world?

Plot holes, contrived, overlong, dull.
Eg. How the hell did Wayne get back to Gotham after climbing out of a prison on the other side of the world?

But you're OK with a guy dressed as a bat, who single handedly takes down every criminal element in a huge city, and that no one seems to put together that he's Bruce Wayne, that all his gear would cost a ridiculous amount of money, money that only one guy in that city could afford, who, btw, has never been seen at the same time as the Bat.

Why do people always cite plot holes as unbelievable, in freaking superhero/alien/supernatural movies? Does my nut in.

But you're OK with a guy dressed as a bat, who single handedly takes down every criminal element in a huge city, and that no one seems to put together that he's Bruce Wayne, that all his gear would cost a ridiculous amount of money, money that only one guy in that city could afford, who, btw, has never been seen at the same time as the Bat.

Why do people always cite plot holes as unbelievable, in freaking superhero/alien/supernatural movies? Does my nut in.

It's not often I laugh at a post, agree with some of it and disagree with some of it all at the same time.

The first paragraph is 100% spot on.

I kind of agree with the 2nd bit, it's a superhero movie, not exactly grounded in reality. But then again, the new batman movies are kind of supposed to be grounded in reality and are nowhere near as far fetched and and as OTT as the previous batman movies. You have to suspend disbelief with these kind of films, but some things are just too much. Mulletperm does raise some good points. Plus how did Bruce Wayne's broken back heal so quickly?

I too thought it was overlong and dull in places. And FFS, I know he lost his parents at a young age, but he's a billionaire, cheer up!

I watched a thousand words with eddie murphy - I have no words to describe how brick the movie was.

I watched young adult too with charlize theron - now I love charlize, she is second in my list of women I want to fudge hard however this was also brick.

Why do I do this to myself - why do I subject myself to horrible bricky movies.

It's not often I laugh at a post, agree with some of it and disagree with some of it all at the same time.

The first paragraph is 100% spot on.

I kind of agree with the 2nd bit, it's a superhero movie, not exactly grounded in reality. But then again, the new batman movies are kind of supposed to be grounded in reality and are nowhere near as far fetched and and as OTT as the previous batman movies. You have to suspend disbelief with these kind of films, but some things are just too much. Mulletperm does raise some good points. Plus how did Bruce Wayne's broken back heal so quickly?

I too thought it was overlong and dull in places. And FFS, I know he lost his parents at a young age, but he's a billionaire, cheer up!

Not going to lie, did think to myself "cor he got to Gotham quick, especially considering he currently has no money" BUT I don't let points like that ruin movies for me. You could honestly find plot holes in nearly every movie if you look hard enough, but that, for me, is missing the point of it all. Which is that it's entertainment made to take you away from reality for a bit, so you can forget about this bricky world for just a short time.

I like Marley, it's one if those acceptable chic flicks as it has good cast & I like that it shows the bond between a man and his pet better than any other movie, I think.

Oops haha! I've never seen that one before although in hindsight I know that movie is called Marley & Me and I still maintain that it's a decent film for what it is.

Lincoln lawyer - good film - 7/10

Company men - decent film - 6/10

Monte carlo - awful film - 1/10. Just a note but does selena gomez face look like its been squashed? By like one of those car scrap yard compressor things? I would still bang her (she is legal right?)

Back