• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Defoe and Ade is for me the partnership we should deploy over the coming months. VDV for me is the impact sub out of the two. He's not a 90 minute man anyway, so I think we should prioritize Ade and Defoe as a team.

Its proven to work very well.

I think when he plays Ade and him both tend to score. Ade scores less with VDV...

Any stats out there?

He touched the ball about 5 times today and 3 of those were mistouches.

Don't be so ridiculous, it was a hell of a lot more than that today, especially second half.

Saying that I catch your drift overall, he loses possession far too easily - but that would not be possible if he hardly ever got a touch it in the first place.

Gutter Boy;5894 [B said:
He touched the ball about 5 times today and 3 of those were mistouches. [/B]

Defoe definitely hinders our allround game by his lack of intelligence and overall involvement in the game. He statistically only completes about 15 passes a game, compared to Ade's 80 and Rafa's 100+.

We badly missed Ade today, but Defoe's part of the illness, not the cure. A useful impact sub, but a poor overall contributor.

We've been fantastic for most of this season and the Ade-Rafa partnership (infact the Ade-Rafe-Bale-Lennon quartet) have been fundamental to that.

Are you ill? Whose fault was that ffs? And what's a mistouch? Is English a back-up for you?

Last edited:
I would def start Defoe on Friday,but prob alongside Pav.Then have Defoe alongisde Adeabyor v Wigan. I have been annoyed with VDV recently, shooting from range when he doesnt need to. Did it again today when the pass to Lennon was a far better option.

Think JD has earned the next 2 starts to stake a real claim. Then we can deal with the Liverpool team selection nearer the time

He touched the ball about 5 times today and 3 of those were mistouches.

Defoe definitely hinders our allround game by his lack of intelligence and overall involvement in the game. He statistically only completes about 15 passes a game, compared to Ade's 80 and Rafa's 100+.

We badly missed Ade today, but Defoe's part of the illness, not the cure. A useful impact sub, but a poor overall contributor.

We've been fantastic for most of this season and the Ade-Rafa partnership (infact the Ade-Rafe-Bale-Lennon quartet) have been fundamental to that.

You are so predictable, shame you are blinded by your own obvious bias

Don't see why not, would it affect our overall formation/fluidity at all if we played with two proper forwards?

VDV tends to perform and do something special in the big games, he didn't today but he is one of our few world class players and is a vital component for what we achieve....

His? Are you suggesting Adebayor would have seen as little of the ball?

Did you notice that on numerous occasions the ball was pumped up front in the air, because Defoe is 5 feet 7 inches playing against 2 centres backs that are 6 feet+ tall, now that is not Defoe's fault.

His? Are you suggesting Adebayor would have seen as little of the ball?

You don't keep booting the ball up to Defoe though, his strength/hold up play has improved but you need to give him a chance. If you are going to play the blame game for Defoe getting isolated it should be either the manager if not tactically prepared for this obvious scenario or the players for knocking high balls up to him....

Don't see why not, would it affect our overall formation/fluidity at all if we played with two proper forwards?

VDV tends to perform and do something special in the big games, he didn't today but he is one of our few world class players and is a vital component for what we achieve....

That he is a very good player I will not argue, but world class? Give me a break. He lacks consistency. Where was he today? And his set pieces WTF

The likes of Gutter Boy will never ever see any good in Defoe no matter what he does, but the facts do not lie and he has been our most consistent goal scorer and he has done enough to earn a run in the team. It is not like VDV and Ade have been scoring goals for fun over the last 6 weeks

The bias that wanted Redknapp sacked for two years.....all gone a bit quiet on that idea though for some reason

Indeed, I remember Gutter Boy predicting if we do not sack Harry he would get us relegated, instead he got us to the quarter finals of the CL

Defoe was only playing today because we have no hold up striker without Ade. We must partner Defoe with a bigun if he is to be successful. I too would give him a chance with Ade up front for the next couple of prem games. VDV has been poor of late - too deep and his free kicks and corners have been diabolical. He needs a rest/kick up the backside to ensure his contribution gets back to the highest standards. Why doesnt he get in the box anymore - he used to for Crouch set ups but doesnt seem to fancy it anymore for some reason.

That he is a very good player I will not argue, but world class? Give me a break. He lacks consistency. Where was he today? And his set pieces WTF

I agree he was poor today, and hasn't been up to his usual standards the past few weeks. I too can't understand why he comes so deep, we have Modric for that. But yes I do think he is world class, for his technical ability, his mental attitude and the fact he usually performs in the big games which the top players thrive on....

I agree he wasn't helped by the rest of our team who had a duty to adapt to the fact that a very different player was leading the line to Adebayor, but hoofing it up to him wasn't the only reason we were ineffective at giving him the ball and keeping it in attacking areas, a lot of it has to do with Defoe's weaknesses.

Maybe we should have played to his strengths with more balls for him to run on to, but I felt Defoe struggled (and always has done) as a lone striker.

I agree he wasn't helped by the rest of our team who had a duty to adapt to the fact that a very different player was leading the line to Adebayor, but hoofing it up to him wasn't the only reason we were ineffective at giving him the ball and keeping it in attacking areas, a lot of it has to do with Defoe's weaknesses.

Maybe we should have played to his strengths with more balls for him to run on to, but I felt Defoe struggled (and always has done) as a lone striker.

Irrespective of how he did today I think he should start the next 2 games, we all know his limitations but if we can exploit his talents properly then they become irrelevant.

Back