• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Betting Thread ***

England v Belgium

Over 3.5
?ú15 @ 3.85

2nd half to have most goals
?ú15 @ 2.22

Cahill anytime
?ú5 @ 10.5

Hazard anytime
?ú10 @ 5.5

Hazard 2 or more
?ú5 @ ?ú27.88

Stratford

18:00 Adiynara
18:30 Amroth Bay
19:00 Marchand Dargent
19:30 The Disengager
20:00 Rathnaroughy

Optimistic e/w lucky 31

Fontwell

14:30 Backhomeinderry
15:30 Lupanar
16:00 Owner Occupier
17:00 Allonby Bay

Uttoxeter

15:40 Mythical Warrior

tip time again, both horses have good chances...

Towcester

14:20 True Blue
17:45 Broadway Star

Just passing them on.

edit - 1000 posts \o/

As time gets nearer would those of you with knowledge (and those of you who know bugger all but like to throw things out there) give me a run down on black caviar's likely opponents . Already 1.30 favourite here but can't believe she is that much of a certainty on first run unless competition is that rubbish .

Caravel runs in the 16:40 at Ffos Las today. My uncle sounded optimistic of it's chances but the only thing putting me off posting it up as a tip is that Vaughan has another horse in the race which is favourite.

As time gets nearer would those of you with knowledge (and those of you who know bugger all but like to throw things out there) give me a run down on black caviar's likely opponents . Already 1.30 favourite here but can't believe she is that much of a certainty on first run unless competition is that rubbish .

She is not a betting prospect what so ever, unless you are putting on tens of thousands of pounds of course. It will be a pleasure to watch her on English turf, and a bonus is that she makes some top quality younger horses very favourable e/w prices. For example:

Bated Breath @ 13/2
Hoof It @ 14/1
Society Rock @ 16/1 (Last years winner of the race)

Of course Black Caviar will be hard to beat, but the prices of those three horses are a lot more attractive. Star Witness came over last year and had a shocker, so there is always the possibility that Black Caviar could. I think that a major factor is that Black Caviar is coming into her winter, when all of our horses have been built up for this time of year. Yes you can train her for a race, but it is natural to her that this is her winter and will affect things such as her coat, and her manner.

I'm no expert, but thats my two pennies worth and I will enjoy watching her run, probably win, but will be probably backing one of the three that I mentioned.

Caravel runs in the 16:40 at Ffos Las today. My uncle sounded optimistic of it's chances but the only thing putting me off posting it up as a tip is that Vaughan has another horse in the race which is favourite.

Sporting Life Preview

A competitive little heat made all the trappier to unravel with the top pair both coming to grief last time out when still contending. CARAVEL looks especially interesting as he was in with a shout in the Swinton Hurdle when falling at the last and must go well here if over that unfortunate experience and in the same level of form. However, Richard Johnson has chosen Solaras Exhibition in preference and the progressive gelding must be afforded tremendous respect. He was most impressive at Sedgefield last time and is clearly on the upgrade although he does get a 7lb penalty for that success. C&D winner Sweet World also merits consideration.

Ffos Las latest: Vaughan on his pair

Tim Vaughan said of Caravel and Solaras Exhibition:"Unfortunately I think the rain has probably done for their chances as they both need faster ground but I hope I am wrong."

Tim Vaughan said of Caravel and Solaras Exhibition:"Unfortunately I think the rain has probably done for their chances as they both need faster ground but I hope I am wrong."

Shows what liars trainers are, 2nd and 1st by 8 lengths...

Shows what liars trainers are, 2nd and 1st by 8 lengths...

I know what you mean, you can never know whether to listen to a trainer or not. But to be fair to him, I have just looked through those two horses past runs and their wins or a good run have come on either good, good to firm or firm ground.

So if you base it on that then he is right, so maybe it was just quite weak horses they were up against today?

Some Fella had ?ú400 at 1/10 on Iceland u21 to win tonight and they lost 1-2!! I've heard of a few ways to nick a few quid but risking 400 to win 40 is up there!!!

Back